HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Speculation: Coyotes Interested in Krejci (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1232493)

CellyHard 07-18-2012 10:55 AM

Coyotes Interested in Krejci

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html
Scroll to number 35.

I guess this is where all the yandle rumors are coming from. Kind of interesting...

Bill Ladd 07-18-2012 10:59 AM

Uh oh. Here we go again... :laugh:

Jack Donaghy 07-18-2012 11:00 AM

I'm sure lots of teams are interested. He's a very good player.

Spooner st 07-18-2012 11:01 AM

Here we go again... long summer... Imagine if the season is cancel? :laugh:

C77 07-18-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejickler (Post 52664479)
I'm sure lots of teams are interested. He's a very good player.

No kidding. It's not exactly like every team has a bunch of quality centers like the Bruins do. It's very hard to get them via trade.

Richard Murray 07-18-2012 11:11 AM

A top 3/6 winger may be more of what the team needs. With Hamilton and Krug trying to make the roster they may not need that PMD now. That also depends how those two can adjust to the NHL game

Doesn't mean Yandle wouldn't be a great addition to the team.

Bill Ladd 07-18-2012 11:11 AM

Ignoring the Krejci part for a moment...

Keith Yandle would be a great addition. He's averaged 18 power play points the last 3 years which is better than any of our forwards. He's a left shot who could set up at the top of the right circle giving our RH playmakers a target. You could put him on the left side with Boychuk on the second pair, allowing Seidenberg to play with Chara full time and letting a RH Hamilton learn in the 3rd pair next to a LH Ference...

That would be the best defense in the NHL.

N o o d l e s 07-18-2012 11:13 AM

They can have him, for OEL, Hanzal and 1st :sarcasm:

Jack Donaghy 07-18-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ladd (Post 52664873)

Keith Yandle would be a great addition. He's averaged 18 power play points the last 3 years which is better than any of our forwards. He's a left shot who could set up at the top of the right circle giving our RH playmakers a target. You could put him on the left side with Boychuk on the second pair, allowing Seidenberg to play with Chara full time and letting a RH Hamilton learn in the 3rd pair next to a LH Ference...

It would be damn good, no question.

BrainOfJ 07-18-2012 11:15 AM

emergency Krejci haters club meeting. 9pm behind Applebees.

Bruinsfan_37 07-18-2012 11:17 AM

I've wanted Yandle on the Bruins for a while now, would be really happy if Chia picked him up. However i'm not sure how I feel right now if it's a 1 for 1 deal

ReggieMoto 07-18-2012 11:17 AM

Well, he says he "thinks" the Coyotes are interested. If you buy into that, then you should probably also buy into his comment that he's not certain (i.e. doesn't think) the Bruins are shopping Krejci.

Feel free to agree with his observation that the Bruins are stacked down the middle "especially as Tyler Seguin readies for an expanded role."

Oates2Neely 07-18-2012 11:19 AM

The more I read about Nash Ryan Doan etc.. the more I believe that by Christmas Calgary will be far out of a playoff spot,, and Chiarelli will pounce on a deal for Iginla,, without giving up a top-6 player or Hamilton. Last year on his deal, makes too much sense.

8spokesontheB 07-18-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oates2Neely (Post 52665145)
The more I read about Nash Ryan Doan etc.. the more I believe that by Christmas Calgary will be far out of a playoff spot,, and Chiarelli will pounce on a deal for Iginla,, without giving up a top-6 player or Hamilton. Last year on his deal, makes too much sense.

Sounds like best case scenario to me.

The longer this drags on and the impulse trading reflexes have simmered down I'm beginning to think that the Bruins are better off staying the course, seeing how things look close to the deadline. I have no doubt that the team as is will be in a playoff spot, and as you say, some teams out of contention may be looking to make moves that may be a far better option for the Bruins than sending the core away for a household name.

Colt.45Orr 07-18-2012 11:38 AM

" 22. Couple other Edmonton notes (should point out Krueger is not the source for any of this): think the Oilers, desperately searching for defencemen, took a long look at Islander Mark Streit. Garth Snow would not address that, but did say via text message, "I have no intention to trade Streit."

If you do pick up Yandle for Krejci, then you can flip Boychuk to Edmonton for a king's ransom.

WBC8 07-18-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainOfJ (Post 52664987)
emergency Krejci haters club meeting. 9pm behind Applebees.

Dammit, I'm sitting here behind Chili's....No wonder I don't see any Bruins garb.

Confound 07-18-2012 11:45 AM

Really the only guy that I would trade Krejci to PHX is for Yandle.

Anything else, hell no.

GordonHowe 07-18-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Well, would you do it straight up, DK for KY?

ODAAT 07-18-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonHowe (Post 52666235)
Well, would you do it straight up, DK for KY?

Keys in my hand already, I'm not as high on Yandle as most but...

PatriceBergeronFan 07-18-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Agreed completely. I would so trade Krejci straight up for Yandle. Would be a pretty good deal for both sides as well....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr (Post 52665915)
" 22. Couple other Edmonton notes (should point out Krueger is not the source for any of this): think the Oilers, desperately searching for defencemen, took a long look at Islander Mark Streit. Garth Snow would not address that, but did say via text message, "I have no intention to trade Streit."

If you do pick up Yandle for Krejci, then you can flip Boychuk to Edmonton for a king's ransom.

Then Boychuk for Hemsky (maybe plus?) :)
I know he has his injury issues... but an overall trade of Krejci + Boychuk for Hemsky + Yandle would be a huge improvement for this team in my mind. Upgrade on D, lateral to upgrade at forward IF Hemsky stayed healthy.

GordonHowe 07-18-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 52666633)
Keys in my hand already, I'm not as high on Yandle as most but...

There's speculation in another thread that with the signing of CBJ's D Aaron Johnson (of whom I know nothing, but supposedly close to Nash), a deal for Krejci plus something else for you know who might be made.

It's perhaps unfair, but I would consider Krejci for Yandle. I am not sold on Nash, for various reasons.

Afam* 07-18-2012 12:31 PM

we don't need a good defenseman.what we need is a top 6 winger.someone that can put the puck in the net.i pass on yandle.

C77 07-18-2012 12:32 PM

If you banish Krejci to Phoenix, then you might be facing him in Quebec. :laugh:

And a determined David is a strong opponent.

Trap Jesus 07-18-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 (Post 52665041)
However i'm not sure how I feel right now if it's a 1 for 1 deal

We'd definitely have to add.

BMC 07-18-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EEasyA (Post 52667771)
we don't need a good defenseman.what we need is a top 6 winger.someone that can put the puck in the net.i pass on yandle.

The Bruins are in dire need of help on the power play. As much as I like David Krejci I would deal him for Yandle. Yandle could be the one to teach Doug Hamilton the tricks of running an NHL power play.