HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ilya Bryzgalov Interview: CBA, KHL and Lockout, Crosby and Malkin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1232657)

JABEE 07-18-2012 04:55 PM

Ilya Bryzgalov Interview: CBA, KHL and Lockout, Crosby and Malkin

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...8910--nhl.html

Quote:

If there is a lockout, would all players go to Russia?

"I will. But I wouldn't talk for everyone. Some players like Switzerland, Germany… I cannot make any decisions about the KHL myself until September 15. The lockout won't be announced until that day. So I have a contract with Philadelphia."
Quote:

Have you tried beer called 'Crosby's Tears?'

"I don't drink alcohol at all. But I understand what you're talking about. This beer was put on the market after Philadelphia beat Pittsburgh in the first round of the Stanley Cup. Yes, people in our city don't like Crosby very much. But the feelings towards Evgeni Malkin are very different."

Because of the perception Crosby used to asking for penalties?

"Maybe. I haven't figured it out in one season. But in Philadelphia no one paints Malkin as a ballerina like what happened to Crosby in the playoffs. Evgeni is depicted as a Russian bear."
This was my favorite part of the interview. Bryz also talks about Giroux in the KHL and CBA

There is more at the link of the Sovietsky Sport's Pavel Lysenkov interview translated by Dmitry Chesnokov.

Hockeypete49 07-18-2012 05:26 PM

Dam, the was a very good article by Bryz. Well stated.

Spongolium* 07-18-2012 05:36 PM

He's a pretty intelligent bloke. Good article.

The Giroux comment made me laugh. Sign for 9 years and get paid for 8 upfront lol.

DrinkFightFlyers 07-18-2012 05:43 PM

How can you not love this man???

hockeyfreak7 07-18-2012 05:47 PM

Easily one of the best personalities in the league. If he can find his game, he would definitely be a fan favorite here.

Krishna 07-18-2012 06:32 PM

How did you feel about Jaromir Jagr leaving Philadelphia?

"Nothing at all. He left, so be it. He's a kind, open person, of course. We had a great relationship. But what can I do? Call Jaromir and yell 'What have you done? Come back, I will forgive everything!'?"

Hilarious

Krishna 07-18-2012 06:34 PM

Was Bobrovsky a serious competition for you?

"I am not afraid of any competition. I'm not of that age anymore. And I never think of what my backup is like. Sergei is an able, talented guy. God willing his career turns out to be great."

Not a fan of this comment

HawksFan74 07-18-2012 06:35 PM

All you have to post is.. "Ilya Bryzgalov Interview:..........." 10k views. Always interested in what this guy has to say.

Flyerfan808 07-18-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

have you tried beer called 'crosby's tears?'

"i don't drink alcohol at all. But i understand what you're talking about. This beer was put on the market after philadelphia beat pittsburgh in the first round of the stanley cup. Yes, people in our city don't like crosby very much. But the feelings towards evgeni malkin are very different."

because of the perception crosby used to asking for penalties?

"maybe. I haven't figured it out in one season. But in philadelphia no one paints malkin as a ballerina like what happened to crosby in the playoffs. Evgeni is depicted as a russian bear."
tro-lol-lol-lol-lol

BrindamoursNose 07-18-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 52679137)
Was Bobrovsky a serious competition for you?

"I am not afraid of any competition. I'm not of that age anymore. And I never think of what my backup is like. Sergei is an able, talented guy. God willing his career turns out to be great."

Not a fan of this comment

I think it's pretty fair. Bob was absolutely his backup, he shows that he isn't constantly afraid of losing his job (which is huge), and he's literally praying Bobrovsky is a star somewhere else.

What's the problem?

Krishna 07-18-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 52679347)
I think it's pretty fair. Bob was absolutely his backup, he shows that he isn't constantly afraid of losing his job (which is huge), and he's literally praying Bobrovsky is a star somewhere else.

What's the problem?

That he isn't afraid of competition for his spot. Thus he doesn't have to perform at his maximum

CSKA1974 07-18-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 52679575)
That he isn't afraid of competition for his spot. Thus he doesn't have to perform at his maximum

I do not think he meant it the way you perceive.

lancer247 07-18-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Holy extrapolation Batman. I heard he also only eats white meat at Thanksgiving so he must be a racist.

Guys play to a point in their career where their toughest competition is their own expectations. So, if Lundquist isn't afraid of losing his job to biron then he won't try hard?

BrindamoursNose 07-18-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

That's not what he meant. What he means is "I'm not constantly worrying about what other people are doing. I'm playing my game."

If Claude Giroux said the same statement, would you react the same way?

CSKA1974 07-18-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

I do not think he meant it the way you perceive.

flountown 07-18-2012 08:58 PM

I read the back-up comment as he isn't going to go bonkers crazy if he has a bad stretch or if the back-up plays well. Do you really want a head case like Cechmanek who can't handle outside pressures, constantly worried about whether he is the starter or not, even if there is no chance of him actually losing the job.

bp spec 07-18-2012 09:23 PM

Great read.

Bryzard of Oz 07-18-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer247 (Post 52680409)
Holy extrapolation Batman. I heard he also only eats white meat at Thanksgiving so he must be a racist

:laugh:

kyuss 07-18-2012 10:38 PM

Bryzgalov has a great personality. This interview is the best example of what I think he is: an inquisitive, humble, honest athlete. I love that he says what he thinks, and he obviously thinks a lot, instead of regurgitating prepackaged P.C. answers. I'm sick of listening to athletes who say safe things at safe times and say cliched things such as guaranteeing wins during critical times. We have a gem here.

2minutes4slashing 07-19-2012 12:20 AM

Who cares if bryz has a goofy , funny personality, , he needs to learn to be more mobile,more focused and work on keeping his head in the games and stop giving up soft goals. With the exception of one month he wasnt very good this past season.

kudymen 07-20-2012 07:27 AM

Read the whole interview today (didn't notice it was mentioned here too), awesome reading.

shipwreck 07-20-2012 01:31 PM

Thanks for the link. Appreciate it. Interesting article

CanuckistanFlyerfan 07-21-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 52677435)
How can you not love this man???

Love him? Heck, I might like him if he played up to the level he's paid to.