HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Mtl - hawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1232909)

Greenstickytoes* 07-19-2012 12:54 AM

Mtl - hawks
 
to Hawks
-PK Subban
-Tomas Plekanec
-Sebastian Collberg / Danny Kristo
-2nd round pick

to MTL
-Patrick Kane
-Duncan Keith


I want to know what you think?

needle 07-19-2012 01:00 AM

Please kill me now.

Chris Hansen 07-19-2012 01:00 AM

Atrocious underpayment by Montreal, without even getting into the fact that neither of those Blackhawk players are going anywhere.

Xamboni 07-19-2012 01:04 AM

Jamais de la vie.

Greenstickytoes* 07-19-2012 01:04 AM

it would be greatly appreciated if you could keep your disrespectful comments to yourself.
if you do not agree with my threads then you should simply ignore or disagree but please stop posting rude comments.
thank you

LaurentHabs 07-19-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Charming (Post 52691561)
Jamais de la vie.

Well said my friend.

Maybe going to have to change that "2nd round pick" for like 2 or 3 first rounders to get Keith & Kane lol

Greenstickytoes* 07-19-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurentHabs (Post 52691699)
Well said my friend.

Maybe going to have to change that "2nd round pick" for like 2 or 3 first rounders to get Keith & Kane lol

i disagree, i think Kane is a risk and Duncan keith is hitting 30yrs old this year.
Subban is a one very good Prospect thats 23 yrs old and that can easily replace Keith.
Plekanec with a second Rounder and one of our top Prospects that go with him
for Kane, i think is fair.
I heard Hawks want to get rid of Kane anyways because of his
behavior in the room. and outside the ice.
Hawks need a second line center aswell.

Chris Hansen 07-19-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairygigolo (Post 52692353)
i disagree, i think Kane is a risk and Duncan keith is hitting 30yrs old this year.
Subban is a one very good Prospect thats 23 yrs old and that can easily replace Keith.
Plekanec with a second Rounder and one of our top Prospects that go with him
for Kane, i think is fair.
I heard Hawks want to get rid of Kane anyways because of his
behavior in the room. and outside the ice.
Hawks need a second line center aswell.

If by "risk," you mean "young, dynamic, elite winger," then I agree.

Keith will be 30 next summer, and plays a style which will allow him to be a very good player for a long time. He is signed at a great cap hit for what he brings to the table.

Subban is not half the player Keith is, and that's coming from someone who really likes P.K. I can't believe how underrated Keith has become on these boards - it's getting ridiculous. The same is true for Kane.

The Hawks do not want to get rid of Kane, and Bowman himself has reiterated that four or five times this summer.
It's pointless for Chicago to fill the second line center roster hole just to open up another one at top-6 right wing.

Xamboni 07-19-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairygigolo (Post 52692353)
i disagree, i think Kane is a risk and Duncan keith is hitting 30yrs old this year.
Subban is a one very good Prospect thats 23 yrs old and that can easily replace Keith.
Plekanec with a second Rounder and one of our top Prospects that go with him
for Kane, i think is fair.
I heard Hawks want to get rid of Kane anyways because of his
behavior in the room. and outside the ice.
Hawks need a second line center aswell.

I'm pretty sure Chicago went on the record to say they wanted to keep Kane no matter what his off ice behavior is like.

In fact they took on Kyle Beach and Akim Aliu (who was then traded) who both have issues off ice. As a franchise they do look at on ice production first, then try to deal with off ice problems after. Gotta respect that.

Anyways, as good as Subban is, and as underrated as Plekanec is, it is just not enough for both these players. Montreal don't have nor would willing to give up how much you would need to acquire either of these players let alone both of them.

It should also be noted that the Habs are my second favorite team and I absolutely hate the Hawks.

Hanta Yo 07-19-2012 01:38 AM

easily the 2 best players in the deal, and by a wide margin, both going to Montreal...

nope.

Habsrback 07-19-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairygigolo (Post 52690777)
to Hawks
-PK Subban
-Tomas Plekanec
-Sebastian Collberg / Danny Kristo
-2nd round pick

to MTL
-Patrick Kane
-Duncan Keith


I want to know what you think?

I would never make that trade as it does not serve any of the two teams. First, Collberg IS a first rounder in my book (although picked 33rd) as he was ranked 18 by the NHL central scouting. PK Subban is 1-2 years away from being superior to Keith while being 7 years younger and costing less. Kane in the Montreal nightlife=mucho problemas. For Hawks' fans, they will only see Subban and Plekanec for Kane and Keith, which in the short term is definitely a clear disadvantage for them. However, they will have to realize that if they choose to put Kane on the market, his value is discounted by his off-ice ethics which in today's world are known throughout the league. I sure as hell would not want in him Montreal as we have had enough of off-ice "activities" during the last years.

If anything, I think that Marc Bergevin would go after Patrick Sharp, with Subban NOT in that package.

clownquestionbro* 07-19-2012 01:49 AM

duncan keith is overrated, had one anomaly of a year....and kane is a cancer with a bad attitude that beats up the elderly for quarters. NO THANK YOU.

clownquestionbro* 07-19-2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanta Yo (Post 52694085)
easily the 2 best players in the deal, and by a wide margin, both going to Montreal...

nope.

lol when Keith was PK's age he was in the AHL as a 20 point dman. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Greenstickytoes* 07-19-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Charming (Post 52692707)
I'm pretty sure Chicago went on the record to say they wanted to keep Kane no matter what his off ice behavior is like.

In fact they took on Kyle Beach and Akim Aliu (who was then traded) who both have issues off ice. As a franchise they do look at on ice production first, then try to deal with off ice problems after. Gotta respect that.

Anyways, as good as Subban is, and as underrated as Plekanec is, it is just not enough for both these players. Montreal don't have nor would willing to give up how much you would need to acquire either of these players let alone both of them.

It should also be noted that the Habs are my second favorite team and I absolutely hate the Hawks.

i respect your bias towards keith and kane but ill explain in a way
where your bias wont be a distraction for you to understand.
1st of all. Subban = 23yrs old - Keith = 30yrs old. Subbans worth more. even if Keith is going to be better than subban for one more year.
2nd of all i personally think that Plekanec with a 2nd Rounder and a top prospect
is worth Patrick Kane.
Kane is good but hes not as good anymore. he really lost alot of value during his last 2 years.. 27 to 23 goals.. he has the same team and hes always been playing with very good players. like toews, Hossa and sharp. so theres no excuse.
I'd prob add in a Yannick Weber but thats as far as it goes...

btw if you say that Keith is worth more than Subban.
your underrating Subban wayyyy to much.
Remember Keith plays with top notch forwards.
Subban doesn't play with a seabrook, toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa.

Habsrback 07-19-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairygigolo (Post 52692353)
i disagree, i think Kane is a risk and Duncan keith is hitting 30yrs old this year.
Subban is a one very good Prospect thats 23 yrs old and that can easily replace Keith.
Plekanec with a second Rounder and one of our top Prospects that go with him
for Kane, i think is fair.
I heard Hawks want to get rid of Kane anyways because of his
behavior in the room. and outside the ice.
Hawks need a second line center aswell.

Agree with you for most part except that I simply do not want Kane. He is offensively superior to Pleks, but simply too risky in a market like Montreal.

Greenstickytoes* 07-19-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsrback (Post 52694713)
I would never make that trade as it does not serve any of the two teams. First, Collberg IS a first rounder in my book (although picked 33rd) as he was ranked 18 by the NHL central scouting. PK Subban is 1-2 years away from being superior to Keith while being 7 years younger and costing less. Kane in the Montreal nightlife=mucho problemas. For Hawks' fans, they will only see Subban and Plekanec for Kane and Keith, which in the short term is definitely a clear disadvantage for them. However, they will have to realize that if they choose to put Kane on the market, his value is discounted by his off-ice ethics which in today's world are known throughout the league. I sure as hell would not want in him Montreal as we have had enough of off-ice "activities" during the last years.

If anything, I think that Marc Bergevin would go after Patrick Sharp, with Subban NOT in that package.

i totally agree with you but id still do it haha just because i want Kane!!
i always wanted to have a player like him on the habs. it would make me think
of when habs got Denis Savard, but in a younger version!!
we'd finally have our little allstar haha.
i would risk it since Keith would be able to take some shifts until
beaulieu, Tinordi and Thrower are ready to play..
would hurt me more than anything to lose Subban but we have a lot of depth on D,
so i would be able to live without him haha

Frozenice 07-19-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairygigolo (Post 52690777)

I want to know what you think?

I think this is an epic trolling adventure you're on and as a Hab fan I don't like it.

The trade makes no sense for either team and it does nothing but gets people riled up.

JayKing 07-19-2012 02:11 AM

I don't see how this trade help the hawks that much ? as a habs fan I say no easily.

Greenstickytoes* 07-19-2012 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozenice (Post 52695695)
I think this is an epic trolling adventure you're on and as a Hab fan I don't like it.

The trade makes no sense for either team and it does nothing but gets people riled up.

I think this trade does make sense. I read that Hawks need a second line centermen.
this would easily be Plekanec. I'm just not sure for the Subban part because Subban is worth a lot more than we think he is. Young like he is with the potential he has, its a HUGE risk for the Habs. It will make me think about the time when Habs gave Chris Chelios to Chicago in return of Denis Savard. I'm not ready to make that same mistake, no thank you. I would be more than glad to refuse this trade even if Chicago offered it.

jrc494 07-19-2012 02:20 AM

Please close this mods. The OP and all of his post are either extremely naive or they are trolling. Thank you.

vokiel 07-19-2012 02:24 AM

Out of 10:
...
3 - Mediocre proposal, this just made dogs bark in the alley.
2 - Horrible proposal, this just made a bear interested in your package.
1 - Atrocious proposal, this just caused a baby iguana to vomit.
...

This isn't NHL 2012, the video game...

Greenstickytoes* 07-19-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdubois585 (Post 52696101)
I don't see how this trade help the hawks that much ? as a habs fan I say no easily.

whaaaaaaaaat!!?
this would absolutely help the Hawks, Subban will have his best years
to give and Plekanec would be amazing if he played with Sharp or
Hossa.
Hawks would have a hell of a team with those add ons.
Kane is better offensively but hes been slacking the last 2 years.
hes not as good as he was.
and Keith well he might be better than subban for one more year but thats it.
After next Year, Subban will be flying up the NHL with his talent and effectiveness
for the next 7 years he has on Keith.
Hawks would win easily in this trade for the long run because of subban, Collberg and
the second rounder that comes with this trade.

clownquestionbro* 07-19-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrc494 (Post 52696509)
Please close this mods. The OP and all of his post are either extremely naive or they are trolling. Thank you.

true, the habs get *****.

dan1el 07-19-2012 02:57 AM

Here's why the Habs would say no:

First: Why would they want to trade Subban? He is in a whole other world the Keith was at the same age, and while nobody thinks Subban will ever be as good, who knows? Might as well stick with the guy 10 years younger, especially from a rebuilding standpoint.

Second: Their centre depth would become atrocious. They're already lacking a solid 1C, so why would they trade their solid 2C?

Third: I think everyone knows what Kane is going to bring, and even though he has shown that he is a very, very good player, I don't think the Habs want that kind of distraction. Especially from a rebuilding standpoint, again. And just imagine what Kane could do in the Montreal night life, he'd be hungover at every practice:laugh:

And here's why the Hawks would say no:

First:
Duncan Keith is still a very solid player, and has a style that will likely make a very solid player into his mid to late thirties. Defensive studs like him are not something teams give up easily.

Second: Patrick Kane, despite his baggage, so-to-speak, is still an elite winger. He has shown that he has what it takes to be in the upper echelon of forwards in the league, and that's something that teams don't want to give up either. Even though he hasn't been great these last couple of years, Chicago needs to have faith that he can repeat that 88 point performance IMO.

Third: This is the most important thing-the Hawks are in win now mode. They have a team that can contend, so why trade two of their centre pieces? The only thing this upgrades is the 2C spot. The hit they take from losing Keith will likely be greater then what they gain by adding Subban, at least for a couple of years. Collberg and the second don't help them win anytime soon either.

jrc494 07-19-2012 02:58 AM

@clownquestionbro
The habs get a 23 year old first overall pick who has scored at a point per game pace or better every season except one and is only projected to get better and a Norris trophy winning defenseman. Get your head out of your ass k thanks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.