HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Prospect Info: [#4] Voting -- HFStars 2012 Top-20 Prospects -- [#5] Discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1234223)

piqued 07-21-2012 08:52 AM

[#4] Voting -- HFStars 2012 Top-20 Prospects -- [#5] Discussion

BigG is going to be taking over the running of these polls for at least the next week in my absence, so don't be alarmed. Keep voting away, the participation has been great so far.

‏‏‏‏ 
pos.
country
acquired
round
change
% of vote
 ‏‏‏‏Jack Campbell
G
1st
 ‏‏‏‏Jamie Oleksiak
D
1st
 ‏‏‏‏Alex Chiasson
RW
2nd

Ub the Bub 07-21-2012 09:16 AM

Finally time for Faksa I believe, which means I gotta pick another guy next time... And next in line will be Nemeth for me. For me he's Grossman 2.0... Similar in style but has potential to be better than Grossy in almost every single aspect. As long as he keeps on developing the way he has and learn how to not take so many penalties I view him as an ideal number 2 D-guy in the future.

txomisc 07-21-2012 09:43 AM

Faksa is the last guy I can see a legit case for being voted number 1 so from here on out things could get wild.

My next pick is Reilly Smith. I think he is going to be a pretty good scorer at the NHL level as he has a tremendous shot and is good at finding openings.

Hull Fan 07-21-2012 09:51 AM

I guess I'll follow the heard. I'm not as sold on Faska's offense but his upside is probably greater than Dillon's so voting him here is a good compromise. Dillon is up next for me followed by Eakin and Nemeth.

Fly Like a C5 07-21-2012 10:14 AM

4. Dillon
5. Faksa - He was just drafted and is probably two or three years away from being a NHL player, but he's a center with quite a bit of potential. Worst case he turns few out to be Martin Hanzal 2.0 and anchors the Stars' third line. The reason I don't have him ranked higher is that it is going to be a seasons before he make it to Dallas and starts having an impact.

Chaos 07-21-2012 10:20 AM

Faksa here for me. I see his upside as a big, two way 60 point #2 center, with I think his downside being a Hanzal-type player.

Dillon is my #5.

Primetimey* 07-21-2012 11:17 AM

Faksa for me today, Dillon or Eakin tomorrow not sure yet.

Captain Awesome 07-21-2012 11:42 AM

If Faksa becomes a 60 point Martin Hanzal, doesn't that make him close to Patrice Bergeron in production and defensive ability? That would be insane.

Cin 07-21-2012 12:30 PM

Faksa

TrillMike 07-21-2012 01:04 PM

Faksa

CRSeven 07-21-2012 01:51 PM

Faksa.

Dillon next.

DaStars99 07-21-2012 02:13 PM

Dillon

LatvianTwist 07-21-2012 02:31 PM

Faksa here, looking like the whole idea isn't working for these threads.

#5 seems to have a log jam of players. Eakin's pretty unknown, R. Smith is a good choice, but I think Dillon and Nemeth are gonna be #5 and #6, similar to Chiasson and Faksa at #3 and 4. I personally went with Nemeth because he's got top pairing upside, but Dillon isn't a bad choice at all either.

Rune Forumwalker 07-21-2012 02:39 PM

The next big logjam: Nemeth, Glennie, Faksa, Fraser, and Smith. I suppose Dillon and Eakin could be thrown in there, but I'm not counting them since they seem to have a spot locked up on the NHL team. After that would probably be Guptil, Ritchie, Stransky, and Besko.

Jere26 07-21-2012 03:15 PM

Next three could be Dillon, Eakin, Nemeth in no particular order. Dillon is more ready than Nemeth as of now, but personally I think the Swede is going to make a bigger impact on the Stars over the next decade. Just a gut feeling coupled with observations of excellent performances by Nemeth. Both played a good season with some nice development and hopefully we'll see them both dress up for the Stars sooner or later.
Stars staff is scouting the WHL very well, so I guess they know exactly what they got/wanted in Eakin. He must be high on their 'list' as well.

Probably going with Nemeth, Dillon, Eakin in that order.

TrueGrit 07-21-2012 03:47 PM

Faksa in a landslide, Dillon likely next in similar fashion.

BigG44 07-21-2012 07:21 PM

Next spot is down to Dillon, Eakin, Glennie, and Nemeth for me.

I put Dillon ahead of Nemeth at this point even though I'm actually a bigger fan of Nemeth. I like his attitude and compete level which endears me to him, but Dillon probably has better offensive upside. That's not to say there is anything wrong with Dillon's attitude. Nemeth seems like more of a character .. a guy that can win over the fans like Steve Ott did. I still recognize that Dillon seems to have slightly better upside though. I think they're pretty much equal in defense, size, and skating. Nemeth might be a tad bit nastier, but Dillon is mean enough.

Between Glennie and Eakin I think I'm giving the edge to Glennie. They both share solid speed though Eakin seems to be touted to be slightly better in that department. Since their offensive and defensive games seem to also be fairly similar I think it's a wash. Eakin's stats are slightly better, but he was also on a significantly better team that scores much more as a group than Texas. Hershey is always a pretty dynamic, offensive team. It comes to down to a tie-breaker for me on size. Glennie is built a bit bigger. That said, I should probably count him off just as much for the injuries. Really ... it's a coin toss, and I'm going with Glennie.

So do I go Dillon or Glennie? I'm still pretty excited about Glennie. I think he'll end up being a good pro. Will it be with Dallas? That I'm not so sure about. In this instance, I'm going with Dillon being closer to the NHL even though that's probably pretty razor thin. I'll say the same for Nemeth ... I really like this guy, and he's probably going to make a bigger impact sooner than Glennie. That's more the nature of Dallas' roster though IMO.

I'll go Dillon, Nemeth, Glennie, and then Eakin.

MB94 07-22-2012 12:37 PM

I'm going with the majority here. Obvious choice for me and it's Faksa. Then i'll probably go with Dillon. After that it's gonna be tough

English stars fan 07-22-2012 04:17 PM

Faksa for me here, followed by the very NHL ready Dillon.

glovesave_35 07-22-2012 05:33 PM

My next few choices in order:

Faksa
Nemeth
Reilly Smith
Dillon
Eakin

Ampersand 07-22-2012 05:51 PM

Picked Dillon, but Faksa is not a bad pick too.

LatvianTwist 07-22-2012 06:18 PM

Think this one is pretty much done.

hairylikebear 07-22-2012 08:07 PM

My next tier is, in no specific order:
R. Smith
Stransky
Nemeth
Eakin
Dillon
Glennie

Then you have this years second rounders:
Winther
Shore
Bystrom

I think a reasonable case can be made for elevating two of those prospects above the rest, Smith and Bystrom. After that everything just goes haywire for me. I guess I'll wait until I get there and hope the fact that Smith is perplexingly underrated will enable the rest of you to vote some of them in before him and make the decision for me :D

LatvianTwist 07-22-2012 08:13 PM

My list looks pretty friggin weird, so I won't post it at this point. Two things are really gonna stick out whenever I do though, expecting a lot of flak for both. :laugh:

Who voted for Glennie...? Pretty curious as to why.

hairylikebear 07-22-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 52828001)
My list looks pretty friggin weird, so I won't post it at this point. Two things are really gonna stick out whenever I do though, expecting a lot of flak for both. :laugh:

Who voted for Glennie...? Pretty curious as to why.

A Sabres fan. Just ignore it.