HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OT: Tell me about the good things that are going on in your life (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1234277)

Nitrous Mafia 07-21-2012 11:22 AM

Tell me about the good things that are going on in your life

Trying to get away from the (((bad vibes)))

New favorite beer is Caldera IPA
Seeing Phish in a couple weeks Birmingham -> Atlanta
Switched work schedules so I can go to games/shows without having to take off.
My girls just got a job offer so she doesn't have to wait tables anymore :handclap:
Going white water rafting with her whenever we pick a weekend in the next two months.
My company grew 41% last year and is on course to beat that.
I love my job.
Got a new car that was super cheap (no car payments!) and runs great.

and i am awesome.

RaiderDoug 07-21-2012 11:36 AM

Football camps open in a couple of weeks!!!!!

CalebWhitley 07-21-2012 12:13 PM

I just started my first High School football training camp. pretty brutal

darth5 07-21-2012 12:14 PM

27 years ago today a woman agreed to have me for better or worse (and we've had some of both). But we are still together!

CalebWhitley 07-21-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darth5 (Post 52790525)
27 years ago today a woman agreed to have me for better or worse (and we've had some of both). But we are still together!

Congrats!

ThirdManIn 07-21-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalebWhitley (Post 52790483)
I just started my first High School football training camp. pretty brutal

Two-a-days during the summer in the South can be that way.

Well, nothing spectacular, but I'm lucky enough to have a job. I have some great friends. My family seems to be doing OK for the most part. I start school back in September. My dog hasn't eaten me yet. All positive things I think you could say.

golfmade 07-21-2012 12:28 PM

My life as of late is pretty much SSDD but wife is doing some big things in her career, really happy for her. :yo:

cleangene 07-21-2012 08:41 PM

I just found out BIG ERN tied the knot today. CONGRATS MR. McGRATTAN.

analogkid 07-22-2012 01:44 PM

Just got back from canoeing with the Scout Troop on the Buffalo River!

Taking my son to see Rush in two months!

Gnashville 07-22-2012 01:56 PM

I'm on vacation in the Florida Keys!!!

Joe T Choker 07-22-2012 02:38 PM

just got back from the Redneck Riviera yesterday (Gulf Shores, AL) for those not in the know

ChesterCopperpot1 07-22-2012 03:20 PM

I don't have herpes

Top 6 Spaling 07-22-2012 05:21 PM

Senior year in high school coming up. Managed to find two jobs for the summer, so I'm staying busy. Student Body President next year. I am a lock for an "A" on my high school team with a real shot at the "C", and we just won back-to-back state championships. Life outside of Preds hockey is great for me right now.

Adz 07-22-2012 06:21 PM

My son, daughter, granddaughter and I visited with my mom, sister and sister's family yesterday. We all took my 4 year old granddaughter on an annual visit to the Kiddie Karnival in Athens, AL. I went when I visited my grandparents there 50 odd years ago and rode the same rides. They have been repainted, but that's about all--ha! It's quite a deal--50 cent rides, 50 cent concessions. Top age of enjoyment is about 8. There was not one mention of the hockey team the entire day.

Russian Pred 07-22-2012 06:27 PM

I got a new roof.

AEM6729 07-22-2012 08:10 PM

I completely love my job. My husband owns. My dog is a boss. I bought some sweet new office furniture that should be coming in this week. And in a couple weeks, my husband and I are having a little "staycation" where we both have the week off of work, and we're going to make a list of all the Nashville stuff we should've done but never have (Las Paletas, Country Music Hall of Fame, etc). Suggestions appreciated.

Also, I have all four limbs and can walk, breathe and perform activities of daily living without difficulty. So that's pretty awesome.

Liquidfire3240 07-22-2012 09:02 PM

Blue Mountain State is a show that i'm not proud I enjoy.
Also my job sucks, mostly because it has me wear red, which goes great with my eyes, but punches me in the soul, oh yea, and my current pay which is 39 cents lower than my starting pay.

Adz 07-22-2012 09:07 PM

AEM--You might go to the Downtown Presbyterian Church and see that cool Egyptian architecture and inside motif. It's apparently one of a kind.

Also, you can visit Hatch Show Prints--that's kind of fun to watch. There's an ice cream parlor near there--want to say "Mike's" but not 100% sure on that--anyway it's like going back in time, except for the prices, which are squarely in 2012.

The Hermitage is interesting, if you weren't a fourth grade teacher at some point in your life.

Cashville 07-22-2012 09:55 PM

-Have lost ~45 lbs since January
-Moved to DC and took a job that makes me about 100x happier
-Took a cute random lady home last night

Generally everything in my life is pretty great right now...except the status of my favorite hockey team :/

ChesterCopperpot1 07-23-2012 08:39 AM

-I just moved out of the desert and to st Louis

-I finish my MBA in a year

-I do hate my job though and am considering law school next fall

-I need to lose some weight but I am pretty healthy

-Vanderbilt football is quickly approaching!!

triggrman 07-23-2012 09:29 AM

I just turned 40 but I'm stronger and now then I have ever been (but slower). I still play hockey.

My wife is beautiful my kids are great. I have a good job, I make good money.

My life is great, Predators hockey is just entertainment.

Viqsi 07-23-2012 01:51 PM

For the first time ever since we had to start screening most of the family for colon cancer on an annual basis (almost a decade now), my mother and I both went a full year without any polyps found, simultaneously. (Previously the one time Mom didn't, I did.) :D Oh, and the doctor responsible is now going to be watching my grandmother as well, so we've got all three current generations screened by the same folks.

So we can fairly say that we all have our good health and life.

I don't want to talk about the rest.

analogkid 07-24-2012 09:03 PM

We resigned Wilson, got SK to sign a deal and something else....

ThirdManIn 07-24-2012 09:45 PM

I thought something good happened today, but I can't seem to recall what it was now.

zellthemedic 07-27-2012 02:13 PM

Good things going on in my life:

*Graduated Navy boot camp.
*Going to A-school in beautiful Pensacola, FL.
*Currently top of my class in A-school after 2 months (6 more months to go!).
*Girlfriend's visiting me down here today. :D

Now, on the flip side...

I'm no longer close enough to Nashville to watch the Predators in person. :(