HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Rumor: CBJ interested in Jonathan Bernier. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1234705)

Samkow 07-22-2012 01:40 PM

CBJ interested in Jonathan Bernier.
 
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...while-....html

Skraut 07-22-2012 02:29 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...coU59Zz54tARZh

CBJBrassard16 07-22-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 52818595)

lmfao.

But yeah. this is old news.

jiboy 07-22-2012 02:35 PM

Weird since they already overpaid for Bobvrovsky

CBJBrassard16 07-22-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay1337 (Post 52818747)
Weird since they already overpaid for Bobvrovsky

:huh:

Matthew 07-22-2012 02:36 PM

this thread title is Samkow Mind Control. :shakehead

He doesn't want us to think of the CBJ goalie situation as a dilemma.

Samkow 07-22-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 52818791)
this thread title is Samkow Mind Control. :shakehead

He doesn't want us to think of the CBJ goalie situation as a dilemma.

Just don't want to see 3/4s of a reasonable topic taken up by "durrrrhurrr Mason sucks"

Even if leesmith has promised to stop complaining at all this season.

EspenK 07-22-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 52818791)
this thread title is Samkow Mind Control. :shakehead

He doesn't want us to think of the CBJ goalie situation as a dilemma.

Thats dimemNa - :laugh:

Sore Loser 07-22-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 52819159)
Just don't want to see 3/4s of a reasonable topic taken up by "durrrrhurrr Mason sucks"

Even if leesmith has promised to stop complaining at all this season.

Tagged for the win.

I wouldn't be against Bernier at all, if it includes Steve Mason heading out. Bobrovsky and Bernier would at least be a serviceable tandem, whereas Bobrovsky and Mason is a :help: tandem.

If we can get him fairly cheap (I'm hearing LA's 1st rounder back to them + more) I'm for it ... if that's the price, I'd be against it. We have Oskar Dansk and Joonas Korpisalo coming up through the pipeline, and I don't think Bernier helps us enough to give up the other asset we got for Jeff Carter.

Matthew 07-22-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 52819159)
Just don't want to see 3/4s of a reasonable topic taken up by "durrrrhurrr Mason sucks"

Even if leesmith has promised to stop complaining at all this season.

if you want to change that, go back in time and make Mason not suck 3 out of 4 years.

kinghock 07-22-2012 03:07 PM

What about Korpisalo, Mason and LA 1st for Bernier and Martin Jones?

Skraut 07-22-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 52819563)
if you want to change that, go back in time and make Mason not suck 3 out of 4 years. have the fans realize it was Ken Hitchcock's system that gave Mason the Calder trophy.

...fixed it for you

Roadman 07-22-2012 03:10 PM

Just don't think the price is going to be anywhere close to what be deemed as "right". Other than he has asked for a trade what is the incentive for LA to trade him?

Mason is bad, but has shown he can deliver 10 or so decent efforts. Bernier is a box of Crackers Jacks, you don't know what you're going to get. If LA is willing to take Mason back (and I still don't know why) and a pick or D prospect, then give it a shot. But only if Mason goes the other way. Do not give back the 1st round pick!!!

A real long shot if you ask me.

Matthew 07-22-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 52819699)
...fixed it for you

Hitchcock's d system is good, but he's not a miracle worker. It's not like he could turn say...Brian Elliot into a golden god of goaltending or something like that.

Samkow 07-22-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sore Loser (Post 52819417)
If we can get him fairly cheap (I'm hearing LA's 1st rounder back to them + more) I'm for it ... if that's the price, I'd be against it. We have Oskar Dansk and Joonas Korpisalo coming up through the pipeline, and I don't think Bernier helps us enough to give up the other asset we got for Jeff Carter.

Exactly my thoughts.

I just don't think he's enough of an upgrade over what we have to warrant that price.

RDriesenUD 07-22-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinghock (Post 52819629)
what about korpisalo, mason and la 1st for bernier and martin jones?

No thank you!

Timeless Winter 07-22-2012 03:52 PM

Do we really want to tank the next 4 years hinging on the chance that Dansk might be good?? Sounds like poor logic. It's ok to have multiple good goalies, I know it's a foreign concept. So what if you have Dansk and Bernier?? Is that really an issue?

RDriesenUD 07-22-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Winter (Post 52820887)
Do we really want to tank the next 4 years hinging on the chance that Dansk might be good?? Sounds like poor logic. It's ok to have multiple good goalies, I know it's a foreign concept. So what if you have Dansk and Bernier?? Is that really an issue?

I have no problem with getting Bernier even though we don't know how good he is. The problem is trading a 1st round pick and a good goalie we just drafted to get him.

leesmith 07-22-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 52819159)
Just don't want to see 3/4s of a reasonable topic taken up by "durrrrhurrr Mason sucks"

Even if leesmith has promised to stop complaining at all this season.

Hey, I'm on record for being in favor of acquiring Bernier as long as it's not a massive overpayment. ;)

How the hell did I pass Capn as the top complainer on the CBJ boards?!? :laugh:

Where can I file a complaint about that?!? Oops.

CBJBrassard16 07-22-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinghock (Post 52819629)
What about Korpisalo, Mason and LA 1st for Bernier and Martin Jones?

Whats the point in Jones and Korpisalo?

Sore Loser 07-22-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinghock (Post 52819629)
What about Korpisalo, Mason and LA 1st for Bernier and Martin Jones?

No thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadman (Post 52819737)
Just don't think the price is going to be anywhere close to what be deemed as "right". Other than he has asked for a trade what is the incentive for LA to trade him?

Mason is bad, but has shown he can deliver 10 or so decent efforts. Bernier is a box of Crackers Jacks, you don't know what you're going to get. If LA is willing to take Mason back (and I still don't know why) and a pick or D prospect, then give it a shot. But only if Mason goes the other way. Do not give back the 1st round pick!!!

A real long shot if you ask me.

My thoughts exactly. If it's something like Goloubef/Mason or Mason/2nd round pick, great. Otherwise, why would we send a 1st round pick for a guy who - other than being drafted high - has done nothing in his career to warrant it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Winter (Post 52820887)
Do we really want to tank the next 4 years hinging on the chance that Dansk might be good?? Sounds like poor logic. It's ok to have multiple good goalies, I know it's a foreign concept. So what if you have Dansk and Bernier?? Is that really an issue?

Why would we have to wait 4 years for Dansk? Bobrovsky is more capable than Mason and makes us immediately better, and is only 23 years old. By the time Dansk is ready, who knows what we'll have here? Who knows if we trade for Bernier, and he's gone by then?

I don't think acquiring Bernier changes the Dansk situation at all.

Feicht 07-22-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EspenK (Post 52819235)
Thats dimemNa - :laugh:

:laugh: :thumbu:

CBJfan4evr 07-22-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sore Loser (Post 52822067)
No thanks.



My thoughts exactly. If it's something like Goloubef/Mason or Mason/2nd round pick, great. Otherwise, why would we send a 1st round pick for a guy who - other than being drafted high - has done nothing in his career to warrant it.



Why would we have to wait 4 years for Dansk? Bobrovsky is more capable than Mason and makes us immediately better, and is only 23 years old. By the time Dansk is ready, who knows what we'll have here? Who knows if we trade for Bernier, and he's gone by then?

I don't think acquiring Bernier changes the Dansk situation at all.

Eklund dangling Heatly and Backstrom out there....

IBleedUnionBlue 07-22-2012 05:12 PM

I would love to see this deal made. And I think that most fans have had enough of #1. Send back LA's first (which will likely be a late 1st rounder anyhow) and add something minimal to the deal.

EspenK 07-22-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue (Post 52823093)
I would love to see this deal made. And I think that most fans have had enough of #1. Send back LA's first (which will likely be a late 1st rounder anyhow) and add something minimal to the deal.

I'd rather have the #1 than Bernier. If it was assured he was going to be the starter for x years, then fine but it is far from assured. I say stick with Mase as the backup, hope he leads us to a top 2 or 3 pick, don't re-sign him and if Bob proves he is a 1 then sign a good backup in free agency. If Bob flops then we'll have a top 2 pick for sure and we can have this same discussion next year. The Goalie Dilemna, Part Deux.:laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.