HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Flinn? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=123521)

Capn Brown 01-12-2005 06:38 PM

Flinn?

Does anyone know if Flinn will be set to go this weekend? From my calculations, his foot *should* be nearly healed. :dunno:

And speaking of injuries, I believe Barney will be back by the second week of February. :yo:

Albi 01-13-2005 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks
Does anyone know if Flinn will be set to go this weekend? From my calculations, his foot *should* be nearly healed. :dunno:

And speaking of injuries, I believe Barney will be back by the second week of February. :yo:

He's 2 weeks away from game conditioning
See Injury Report

GoneFullHextall 01-13-2005 02:11 PM

Getting Barney back and having him stay healthy will be the key on what this team does in the 2nd half of the season. He looks to be on target for the end of Feb. which is what was expected. He is the power forward this team is lacking. Dont get me wrong Flinn is a factor too because of what he means on the ice. Teams wont be taking the same liberties with Brown and Co. with Flinn on the ice. he had to be dying sitting in the stands watching what Lowell was pulling in the 3 games since New Years Eve. I cant wait to get either player back

hockeynutz 01-14-2005 07:47 AM

at the monarchs booster club meeting last night, Hubie McDonough said that Flinn should be back in a couple weeks. He's been skating, and needs to get his conditioning back.

As for Barney, don't expect to see him any time soon. He's had arthroscopic surgery on his hip, and isn't likely to be back until playoff time.

King Blazer 01-14-2005 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeynutz
at the monarchs booster club meeting last night, Hubie McDonough said that Flinn should be back in a couple weeks. He's been skating, and needs to get his conditioning back.

As for Barney, don't expect to see him any time soon. He's had arthroscopic surgery on his hip, and isn't likely to be back until playoff time.

Thanks for the heads-up on Barney, the Monarchs just updated the injury report:

01-08 Barney, Scott 44 Hip Surgery out 16 weeks

link: www.monarchshockey.com/injury/

King'sPawn 01-14-2005 08:24 PM

Argh, another 4 months for Barney!?

two out of three* 01-15-2005 02:53 AM

Anybody think Flinn should have a spot on LA when it comes back? We kind of get pushed around, and I think that needs to stop.

McSorley 33 02-11-2005 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiesRLikeWins4Us
Anybody think Flinn should have a spot on LA when it comes back? We kind of get pushed around, and I think that needs to stop.

Flinn is the real deal. I gotta put him in the top 5 fighters in the nhl. But also, does anyone know when he is coming back. It's now feb 11th and still no Flinn. I read he would come back late jan. and Barney some time now. :shakehead :shakehead

GoneFullHextall 02-12-2005 03:32 AM

from what i understand Flinn will be ready to go the first game back from the AS break. Friday Feb. 18th at home against Lowell. If he does come back that night it could be very, very interesting consitering some of the stuff that has gone on in some of our games against them this season.

Albi 02-12-2005 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
from what i understand Flinn will be ready to go the first game back from the AS break. Friday Feb. 18th at home against Lowell. If he does come back that night it could be very, very interesting consitering some of the stuff that has gone on in some of our games against them this season.

That would be the PERFECT comeback-game!

Wait, also against the Ice Cats would be a perfect game...;)

McSorley 33 02-12-2005 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom

I now I've asked once before to no response, but I guess I'll ask again, does anyone tape games. Are they even on tv... I can't tell you how bad this sucks to listen online and not watch the game. Do you guys pass around game tapes. If so I'd like in on it. Marty

Chartrand 02-13-2005 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorley 33
I now I've asked once before to no response, but I guess I'll ask again, does anyone tape games.

The past few years, about six or so games would be televised, but only two Monarchs games have been televised here this season. I'm sure some people tape them, but there aren't many opportunities.

ReggieMoto 02-13-2005 08:33 AM

Quote:

I now I've asked once before to no response, but I guess I'll ask again, does anyone tape games. Are they even on tv?

The games aren't televised. In the past the local cable channel would contract with the team to carry a couple, but this year we aren't even getting that. King Blazer posted a response to a similar question that this year the cable company wanted to televise some games on a tape delay and the Monarchs said no.

McSorley 33 02-13-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
The games aren't televised. In the past the local cable channel would contract with the team to carry a couple, but this year we aren't even getting that. King Blazer posted a response to a similar question that this year the cable company wanted to televise some games on a tape delay and the Monarchs said no.

Well thats just great............no Kings hockey and now I can't even watch the Monarchs game on tape from someone else........I just can't go on living like this.

McSorley 33 02-15-2005 08:41 PM

Whens the big man coming back.......anyone

hockeynutz 02-15-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Whens the big man coming back.......anyone

no idea. last week on a radio interview, bruce boudreau was asked when flinn might be back. he was non-committal, saying he's doing conditioning training, and is nowhere near ready to play. so, who knows... :shakehead

I Am Ziggy Palffy 02-16-2005 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeynutz

conditioning?...does he really need it?...no harm intended but does he get more than 5 mins a game there....a couple shifts and a carefully timed fight shouldnt take too much conditioning

McSorley 33 02-16-2005 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
conditioning?...does he really need it?...no harm intended but does he get more than 5 mins a game there....a couple shifts and a carefully timed fight shouldnt take too much conditioning

Man, you said it.....just get out their and do it!

washie 02-16-2005 09:32 PM

Man I like this guy and the thought of a line with him and George Parros on the wings with a small fast guy like Eric Belanger in the center spot makes me think of the Jerasic line of old.

Reaper45 02-16-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy

I can tell you've never got into a fight before. They take a lot out of you, especially on skates. You need to be in good shape if you want to win your fights. If we wanted an out of shape enforcer we could just sign Link Gaetz! 300 lbs of fury!

McSorley 33 02-16-2005 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I can tell you've never got into a fight before. They take a lot out of you, especially on skates. You need to be in good shape if you want to win your fights. If we wanted an out of shape enforcer we could just sign Link Gaetz! 300 lbs of fury!

At this point I don't think he needs to return.... no rush....let him rest and come back when he's ready

King Blazer 02-16-2005 10:54 PM

I spoke with someone in the Monarchs organization about Flinn's return this afternoon. Their respone: "He's not even in town right now"....Honestly, I don't know who they'd take out of the lineup to put him in at this point. They need to keep as much scoring in the lineup as they can with Lehoux, Smyth and TK out so my GUESS is that until more veteran scoring returns to the Monarchs lineup, Flinn is still conditioning....

Reaper45 02-17-2005 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
I spoke with someone in the Monarchs organization about Flinn's return this afternoon. Their respone: "He's not even in town right now"....Honestly, I don't know who they'd take out of the lineup to put him in at this point. They need to keep as much scoring in the lineup as they can with Lehoux, Smyth and TK out so my GUESS is that until more veteran scoring returns to the Monarchs lineup, Flinn is still conditioning....

I wonder where he is.

King Blazer 02-17-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I wonder where he is.

It could be a simple as he headed out of town during the All-Star break. It was more the tone in which it was said that threw me off a bit...

EDIT
Boudreau was just on the Charlie Sherman show (local radio show he calls into every Thursday morning):

Flinn: Just started skating "gingerly", not going to rush it...
TK: Skated yesterday...
Smyth: Will skate today...
Barney: Still on crutches. Skating a month from today would surprise him...

Boudreau basically said it looks like 2-3 more weeks before Flinn, TK and Smyth are all back...

Albi 02-17-2005 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
It could be a simple as he headed out of town during the All-Star break. It was more the tone in which it was said that threw me off a bit...

EDIT
Boudreau was just on the Charlie Sherman show (local radio show he calls into every Thursday morning):

Flinn: Just started skating "gingerly", not going to rush it...
TK: Skated yesterday...
Smyth: Will skate today...
Barney: Still on crutches. Skating a month from today would surprise him...

Boudreau basically said it looks like 2-3 more weeks before Flinn, TK and Smyth are all back...

I thought TK was coming back earlier...damn
KB, which are the first 2 lines with all these guys out?