HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1235601)

Scotianhab 07-23-2012 09:36 PM

HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart
 
HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the WTK prospect polls, I thought I would create a prospect depth chart of each position based on the voting of the Habs board members. Hockeys Future has their own but I was curious to see what it would look like from the board members. This can be merged into the main prospect thread if need be.

LW

Tim Bozon
Blake Geoffrion
Mark MacMillan
Charles Hudon
Erik Nystrom
Olivier Archambault
Phillipe Lefebvre

C

Alex Galchenyuk
Louis Leblanc
Michael Bournival
Patrick Holland
Brady Vail
Gabriel Dumont
Joonas Nattinen
Daniel Pribyl
Dustin Walsh
Michael Cichy

RW

Sebastien Collberg
Brendan Gallagher
Danny Kristo
Steve Quailer
Alexander Avtsin
Ian Schultz
Alain Berger
Maxim Trunev

D

Nathan Beaulieu
Jarred Tinordi
Morgan Ellis
Dalton Thrower
Mac Bennett
Darren Dietz
Brendan Nash
Greg Pateryn
Josiah Didier
Magnus Nygren
Colin Sullivan
Joe Stesjkal

G

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

That's a bit better to read. Thanks to the posters for their help.

Scotianhab 07-23-2012 09:48 PM

That didnt turn out well and it wont let me edit it. Maybe a Mod can help

Galchenyuk94 07-23-2012 10:09 PM

Just do a LW, C, RW, D and G section, not lines

not quite yoda 07-23-2012 10:34 PM

cool thread, bro

Takashi 07-23-2012 10:57 PM

żou shoud've put Left D and Right D

PricePkPatch 07-23-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not quite yoda (Post 52884079)
cool thread, bro

I didn't see you smartass lift a finger to do half the work he tried makin'

the man went through a lot of trouble to compile that entire list and got only an embarrassing result due to poor forum formatting. Last thing he needs or wants is some lazyass condescending attitude.

Scotianhabs, have you tried reposting the list in other posts, displayed as simple text colum? Add sorting numbers if you can, helps sort out and talk about the kids.

Not a Fish 07-23-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotianhab (Post 52881043)
HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the WTK prospect polls, I thought I would create a prospect depth chart of each position based on the voting of the Habs board members. Hockeys Future has their own but I was curious to see what it would look like from the board members. This can be merged into the main prospect thread if need be.

LW

Tim Bozon
Blake Geoffrion
Mark MacMillan
Charles Hudon
Erik Nystrom
Olivier Archambault
Phillipe Lefebvre

C

Alex Galchenyuk
Louis Leblanc
Michael Bournival
Patrick Holland
Brady Vail
Gabriel Dumont
Joonas Nattinen
Daniel Pribyl
Dustin Walsh
Michael Cichy

RW

Sebastien Collberg
Brendan Gallagher
Danny Kristo
Steve Quailer
Alexander Avtsin
Ian Schultz
Alain Berger
Maxim Trunev

D

Nathan Beaulieu
Jarred Tinordi
Morgan Ellis
Dalton Thrower
Mac Bennett
Darren Dietz
Brendan Nash
Greg Pateryn
Josiah Didier
Magnus Nygren
Colin Sullivan
Joe Stesjkal

G

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

That's a bit better to read. Thanks to the posters for their help.

Puts things in perspective. Skaters look good in all positions except LW.

LyricalLyricist 07-23-2012 11:45 PM

Should we realistically put Leblanc as a center?
Also, Holland is a RW not a C.
What does Dumont play with hamilton? Wing or C?

Man, just going down the C list makes me feel we're missing depth there. The Goalie depth is obviously lacking and the LW depth isn't very strong either. RW and D look relatively good.

Scotianhab 07-23-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 52886431)
Should we realistically put Leblanc as a center?
Also, Holland is a RW not a C.
What does Dumont play with hamilton? Wing or C?

Man, just going down the C list makes me feel we're missing depth there. The Goalie depth is obviously lacking and the LW depth isn't very strong either. RW and D look relatively good.

I wasn't sure about Leblanc, was drafted as a C but played RW in his call up. Holland played C in junior I think. I went by what WTK had listed. Quailer could also be moved to the LW.

LyricalLyricist 07-24-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotianhab (Post 52886847)
I wasn't sure about Leblanc, was drafted as a C but played RW in his call up. Holland played C in junior I think. I went by what WTK had listed. Quailer could also be moved to the LW.

Holland is listed as a RW on HF, Hockeydb, whl.ca, eliteprospects, etc...

I figure he's a RW unless they're all wrong. Mind you, I didn't watch Holland in junior so maybe they are wrong.

Well, the idea is leblanc would probably end up like higgins. A center converted to wing but who knows, just many feel he won't be a C.

Even with Quailer, the RW position is stacked relative to the LW.

InglewoodJack 07-24-2012 12:53 AM

That Goalie Depth.

WeThreeKings 07-24-2012 07:50 AM

LW needs some work.
Center needs more work as well since Leblanc is a RWer.
Goalie needs a TON of work.

Right now the strength in the pool lies in our D and RW.

danyhabsfan 07-24-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotianhab (Post 52881043)
HFBoards Hab Fans Prospect Depth Chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the WTK prospect polls, I thought I would create a prospect depth chart of each position based on the voting of the Habs board members. Hockeys Future has their own but I was curious to see what it would look like from the board members. This can be merged into the main prospect thread if need be.

LW

Tim Bozon
Blake Geoffrion
Mark MacMillan
Charles Hudon
Erik Nystrom
Olivier Archambault
Phillipe Lefebvre

C

Alex Galchenyuk
Louis Leblanc
Michael Bournival
Patrick Holland
Brady Vail
Gabriel Dumont
Joonas Nattinen
Daniel Pribyl
Dustin Walsh
Michael Cichy

RW

Sebastien Collberg
Brendan Gallagher
Danny Kristo
Steve Quailer
Alexander Avtsin
Ian Schultz
Alain Berger
Maxim Trunev

D

Nathan Beaulieu
Jarred Tinordi
Morgan Ellis
Dalton Thrower
Mac Bennett
Darren Dietz
Brendan Nash
Greg Pateryn
Josiah Didier
Magnus Nygren
Colin Sullivan
Joe Stesjkal

G

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

That's a bit better to read. Thanks to the posters for their help.

In conclusion we have a better group of prospect but were still small up front.

Forward=B (in need of more size)
Defense=A
Goalie=D (but we have Price)

SOLR 07-24-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 52892375)
LW needs some work.
Center needs more work as well since Leblanc is a RWer.
Goalie needs a TON of work.

Right now the strength in the pool lies in our D and RW.

The jury is still out for Leblanc imo. (Like it is for Eller) I think he belong as a center personally, but there's just a lot of competition(and young competition) in front of him at the moment. This could change if some of the prime guys are traded. Wouldn't be too surprised to have a center line of Galchenyuk - Eller - Leblanc at some point, neither would I be surprised if Leblanc end up being a perennial high quality 2nd-3rd liner who can chip in offensively.

SOLR 07-24-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyhabsfan (Post 52892655)
In conclusion we have a better group of prospect but were still small up front.

Forward=B (in need of more size)
Defense=A
Goalie=F

I changed something...

We have no NHL talent in our goalie prospects, it's a failure, this needs to change. Price is out of this discussion and really the fact that we have a top guy is irrelevant when you look at prospects.

I'm still wondering if Timmins was gunning for Dansk more than Collberg, but that's another discussion.

Paul Dipietro 07-24-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR (Post 52892781)
I changed something...

We have no NHL talent in our goalie prospects, it's a failure, this needs to change. Price is out of this discussion and really the fact that we have a top guy is irrelevant when you look at prospects.

I'm still wondering if Timmins was gunning for Dansk more than Collberg, but that's another discussion.

I'm fairly confident that we'll find someone in the undrafted pool (likely from the Q). If that doesn't pan out, we'll draft our next franchise goalie in the late rounds next year -> DEEPEST POOL EVER :D

habs_24x 07-24-2012 08:50 AM

In 2 years

Subban - Tinordi
Gorges - Beaulieu
Emelin - Thrower
Ellis

SeriousHabs 07-24-2012 08:58 AM

Didn't we reaquire Cedric Desjardins? He can't be worst than Delmas and Mayer.

SeriousHabs 07-24-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs_24x (Post 52893603)
In 2 years

Subban - Tinordi
Gorges - Beaulieu
Emelin - Thrower
Ellis

4 rookies on defense. I hope the 2015 draft will be good!

habs_24x 07-24-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriousHabs (Post 52893847)
4 rookies on defense. I hope the 2015 draft will be good!

Well, you can bring in 2 next year and 2 more the year after. Ok, maybe 2-3 years but i seriously cant wait!

danyhabsfan 07-24-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs_24x (Post 52893603)
In 2 years

Subban - Tinordi
Gorges - Beaulieu
Emelin - Thrower
Ellis

Why not? if theyre ready.

NYR had a good young blue line with cheap contracts.

That way you can go on the UFA market with a lot of money (Richards)
or via trade (Nash) and still have cap space.

Roulin 07-24-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 52886431)
Should we realistically put Leblanc as a center?
Also, Holland is a RW not a C.
What does Dumont play with hamilton? Wing or C?

Man, just going down the C list makes me feel we're missing depth there. The Goalie depth is obviously lacking and the LW depth isn't very strong either. RW and D look relatively good.

I'd like to see Leblanc get a shot at C in the pros this season. Really, the only times he's ever played wing is in the WJC and last year. Even at Habs training camp a couple of seasons ago, the team moved a bunch of players to the wing, but kept Leblanc at C. Given our depth at RW and lack of right shooting C, it seems to me the potential benefits of him starting the 12-13 season at C outweigh the risks.

Paul Dipietro 07-24-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriousHabs (Post 52893813)
Didn't we reaquire Cedric Desjardins? He can't be worst than Delmas and Mayer.

It's already been established that he's old thus irrelevant

WeThreeKings 07-24-2012 12:10 PM

Leblanc doesn't have the vision to be a center at the NHL level, nor do I believe he has the elite puck handling abilities required.

He's much better along the boards and using his smarts to integrate himself into the play.

Eller is a natural center and if the team takes him out of there for long term, they are the biggest morons.

Roulin 07-24-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 52900791)
Leblanc doesn't have the vision to be a center at the NHL level, nor do I believe he has the elite puck handling abilities required.

He's much better along the boards and using his smarts to integrate himself into the play.

Eller is a natural center and if the team takes him out of there for long term, they are the biggest morons.

I agree that Leblanc is not the greatest playmaker or puckhandler, but I don't think that necessarily precludes him from being an effective center. His skating and defensive smarts are an asset down the middle. I'm thinking of Dominic Moore as a possible comp.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.