HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Trade with Link [NYR/CBJ] Rick Nash+Steven Delisle+3rd for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st (part III) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1235639)

FutureCjJohnson 07-23-2012 10:56 PM

[NYR/CBJ] Rick Nash+Steven Delisle+3rd for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st (part III)
 
Just glad to have Nash gone. Time to press forward on a new path.

forthewild 07-23-2012 11:25 PM

man tim erixon will be pissed, hope this deal doesn't bite CBJ in the ass tho. at this time NYR wins this hands down, but if Anisimov and Erixon hit their stride it could be a bit more even.

KingPuckChoo 07-23-2012 11:27 PM

i don't really hate this deal for CLB

dubinsky & anisimov are two roster players thatll fill in the top 6

erixon, a potential top 4 D

and a 1st rd pick


it's not terrible...it's ok :)

ColePens 07-23-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo (Post 52885861)
i don't really hate this deal for CLB

dubinsky & anisimov are two roster players thatll fill in the top 6

erixon, a potential top 4 D

and a 1st rd pick


it's not terrible...it's ok :)

That's how I feel. A lot of people were screaming that they wouldn't take Nash for free because of his cap hit. A lot of people said he's overrated. Now a lot of people are saying the Rangers screwed CBJ over in the deal.

I think there is a middle ground here. For whatever reason, people just won't believe that.

Nekz 07-23-2012 11:30 PM

Anisimov could break out and surprise everyone. He does have a pretty sick shot, but he tries the same move every time he's on the ice that rarely works.

Dubinsky is what he is and will probably play well for Columbus if he embraces the change.

Potentially not as lopsided at first glance, but they definitely didn't get a first liner back. We'll see how this looks after next season as you can never truly judge.

LBC Vapo* 07-23-2012 11:31 PM

CBJ got a solid return if none of the players pout. Building around Nash wasn't working and the dude led his team nowhere.

Casual fans be mad though!

Anyway enjoy your one dimensional winger on a large contract, Rangers. I can't wait to watch some other poor ******* have to try to eat Dubinsky's zone starts.

Eternal Leaf 07-23-2012 11:31 PM

If Erixon lives to his potential, the deal's not a complete robbery. I suppose that is a big IF, though considering his mental issues.

TheHudlinator 07-23-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthewild (Post 52885789)
man tim erixon will be pissed, hope this deal doesn't bite CBJ in the ass tho. at this time NYR wins this hands down, but if Anisimov and Erixon hit their stride it could be a bit more even.

Anisimov had 36 points and Dubinsky 34 together put up 70 points and cost a combined 6.075 while Nash had 59 points and costs 7.8 million I think Columbus wins this one.

Papa_Bear_21 07-23-2012 11:34 PM

What I don't get is why Howsen focused on getting so many pieces in exchange for Nash. It just waters down the talent you end up getting IMO.
Is it better to get 4 so-so assets (and yes, a probable late first rounder in ANY draft is a so-so asset based on the number of players that make - let alone star - in the NHL) than one potential superstar?

Why not Kreider for Nash straight up?
Or Kreider and a 1st for Nash and a 3rd?

I would think that would put all the pressure on the Rangers - holding up a trade for a NHL ready star on a ready to win now team because of one potential star player?

And from a CLB point of view, even a 30g-30a legitimate 1st line PF to play with Johansen would be pretty good IMO. And sometimes, like in the case of Calgary with Iginla, it works out much better.

I think really, in the last 25 years or so, I can only think of one star for multi-player trade that ended up working out better for the team trading away the star, and that was Quebec / Colorado in the Eric Lindros deal.

Oh, and for those saying that Nash is overrated, yet are projecting improved numbers for Dubinsky / Anisimov? I would caution you to revisit the number of James Neal and Alex Goligovsky before and after the Pitt / Dal trade. Malkin is obviously world class, but Brad Richards is MUCH better than anything Nash has played with in CBJ.

forthewild 07-23-2012 11:35 PM

columbus is gambling on erixon not being a jeff erixon carter, seriously dude pulled the i won't sign unless i'm in new york to get out of calgary, his mental issues could break him.

also both anisimov and dubi were on a stacked team, their point totals could regress on columbus, funny how CBJ's GM won't take a russian but arguably the best piece he gets for nash is a Russian.

MetalGodAOD 07-23-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 52886057)
Anisimov had 36 points and Dubinsky 34 together put up 70 points and cost a combined 6.075 while Nash had 59 points and costs 7.8 million I think Columbus wins this one.

I'm sure the NYR will just run 11 forwards to keep it even.

1 player at 70 points + 1 player at XX points > 2 players at 70 points for similar cap hits.

Quote:

Why not Kreider for Nash straight up?
Or Kreider and a 1st for Nash and a 3rd?
Have you not been paying attention the past 6 months? Sather repeatedly said Kreider was off limits.

Quote:

I would think that would put all the pressure on the Rangers - holding up a trade for a NHL ready star on a ready to win now team because of one potential star player?
Nash demanded a trade, starting the pre-season with him on the roster would have been a disaster. NYR had plenty of other options they could have looked at. The pressure was solely on Howson, and he eventually blinked as he should have.

Cawz 07-23-2012 11:37 PM

CBus should have pushed for the conditional 1st based on the Rags success.

forthewild 07-23-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 52886057)
Anisimov had 36 points and Dubinsky 34 together put up 70 points and cost a combined 6.075 while Nash had 59 points and costs 7.8 million I think Columbus wins this one.

anisimov and dubi played on a stacked team, their point totals reflect that, NAsh played on a team that was awful and he wasn't motivated after the deadline. nash on that team is going to murder people, him and gabby with their speed and scoring touch my god.

i can see Anisimov get to 30+ points, but dubi could be a 20's guy, nash is flirting with ppg on NYR.

yeah blue jackets should have asked for kreider or stepan as the key piece.

Xelstyle 07-23-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Bear_21 (Post 52886093)
What I don't get is why Howsen focused on getting so many pieces in exchange for Nash. It just waters down the talent you end up getting IMO.
Is it better to get 4 so-so assets (and yes, a probable late first rounder in ANY draft is a so-so asset based on the number of players that make - let alone star - in the NHL) than one potential superstar?

Why not Kreider for Nash straight up?
Or Kreider and a 1st for Nash and a 3rd?

I would think that would put all the pressure on the Rangers - holding up a trade for a NHL ready star on a ready to win now team because of one potential star player?

And from a CLB point of view, even a 30g-30a legitimate 1st line PF to play with Johansen would be pretty good IMO. And sometimes, like in the case of Calgary with Iginla, it works out much better.

I think really, in the last 25 years or so, I can only think of one star for multi-player trade that ended up working out better for the team trading away the star, and that was Quebec / Colorado in the Eric Lindros deal.

Oh, and for those saying that Nash is overrated, yet are projecting improved numbers for Dubinsky / Anisimov? I would caution you to revisit the number of James Neal and Alex Goligovsky before and after the Pitt / Dal trade. Malkin is obviously world class, but Brad Richards is MUCH better than anything Nash has played with in CBJ.

There's a lot more than straight up production/value. There's the contracts to take into account and cap hit.
Not to mention, a guy like Stephen or Kreider is just off the table. Howson probably pushed as hard as he could for one of the better pieces, but good on Sather not to budge.
NYR were bound to find some scoring help with those pieces. It just turns out that Howson decided to finally make a move.

LBC Vapo* 07-23-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthewild (Post 52886209)
anisimov and dubi played on a stacked team, their point totals reflect that, NAsh played on a team that was awful and he wasn't motivated after the deadline. nash on that team is going to murder people, him and gabby with their speed and scoring touch my god.

i can see Anisimov get to 30+ points, but dubi could be a 20's guy, nash is flirting with ppg on NYR.

yeah blue jackets should have asked for kreider or stepan as the key piece.

Nash played on a team who spent the last decade employing a "get the puck to Rick Nash so he can score" strategy.

Right now it's a coin flip but I could see his numbers dropping.

Also he's fat.

jumptheshark 07-23-2012 11:43 PM

it will be fun watching the stat debate this year

CJV123 07-23-2012 11:44 PM

Erixon can catch the Yankees AAA affiliate during the off-season. :laugh:

Crabovski* 07-23-2012 11:44 PM

It was figurable that Howson would receive roughly 4 first round pick type players for Nash, but were these 3 really the best offer to go with a 1st? Dubi? Ani? A dman who has proven nothing? Hard to believe this was the best one out there

TheHudlinator 07-23-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthewild (Post 52886209)
anisimov and dubi played on a stacked team, their point totals reflect that, NAsh played on a team that was awful and he wasn't motivated after the deadline. nash on that team is going to murder people, him and gabby with their speed and scoring touch my god.

i can see Anisimov get to 30+ points, but dubi could be a 20's guy, nash is flirting with ppg on NYR.

yeah blue jackets should have asked for kreider or stepan as the key piece.

A stacked team that played defense first where as Columbus allowed Nash to play what ever he wanted. I don't think those 2 players make it a win but the team got much better.

Ih8theislanders 07-23-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal Leaf (Post 52886003)
If Erixon lives to his potential, the deal's not a complete robbery. I suppose that is a big IF, though considering his mental issues.

Christ, the kid has no mental issues. He didn't want to play in Calgary and used leverage to go to New York. He's not dumb enough to burn bridges like that twice.

Auzzie19 07-23-2012 11:49 PM

Wow, still can't believe Howson turned down the package of Zibanejad, Foligno, and Bishop.

Would of had top 6 of:

Foligno-Umberger-Prospal
Johansen-Zibanejad-Brassard

That would still probably finish last, but with increased prospect depth and a chance at Mackinnon or Jones. That would get the interest back there.

Now they have:

Foligno-Umberger-Dubinsky
Anisemov-Johansen-Prospal

Would prob still finish last, but no Zibanejad :(

HatTrick Swayze 07-23-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 52886057)
Anisimov had 36 points and Dubinsky 34 together put up 70 points and cost a combined 6.075 while Nash had 59 points and costs 7.8 million I think Columbus wins this one.

Yes I believe the Rangers plan is to ice 11 skaters.

Is this real life?

CJV123 07-23-2012 11:50 PM

At the risk of sounding thoughtful, and as someone who's watched a fair bit of all of these guys, incl. AA, the return for CBJ is excellent here. They get effectively 3 young starters, 2 being Cs, and a 1st. Columbus needed quantity as well as quality. Howson thought very clearly here.

LBC Vapo* 07-23-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auzzie19 (Post 52886567)
Wow, still can't believe Howson turned down the package of Zibanejad, Foligno, and Bishop.

Would of had top 6 of:

Foligno-Umberger-Prospal
Johansen-Zibanejad-Brassard

That would still probably finish last, but with increased prospect depth and a chance at Mackinnon or Jones. That would get the interest back there.

Now they have:

Foligno-Umberger-Dubinsky
Anisemov-Johansen-Prospal

Would prob still finish last, but no Zibanejad:headshake:

Howson didn't turn it down.

gooilgo 07-23-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal Leaf (Post 52886003)
If Erixon lives to his potential, the deal's not a complete robbery. I suppose that is a big IF, though considering his mental issues.



Would love to see the source for this.:sarcasm:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.