HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: Delisle? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1235729)

coolbean04 07-24-2012 03:48 AM

Delisle?

What kind of prospect is Delisle? Is he some AHL filler or does he have potential upside?

Blueshirt Believer 07-24-2012 03:50 AM

pretty much crap, weakest prospect in blue jackets weak prospect pool. He was basically a player dump.

BBKers 07-24-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer (Post 52890663)
pretty much crap, weakest prospect in blue jackets weak prospect pool. He was basically a player dump.

When we "lost" Erixon we needed some AHL depth, ESP as Big Mac is out for a while
Logical move
Funny, my Dad ( former NHL scout) and brother (SEL GM) both argued the other day if Erixon had the goods to make it in the future in the NHL. They were undecidedly not in agreement. Interesting discussion though...
CT d looks like this now:

Redden
Parlett
Versace
Collins
Delisle
Pyett
McIllraith (inj)
Niemi echl?

Big changes from last year.
We need a scoring replacement for Wellman still...

Osminator 07-24-2012 04:32 AM

Contract dump, avg. ECHLer. Yay.

Stugots 07-24-2012 08:23 AM

Well we did get Rick Nash, I don't think we would be so lucky as to get a McDonagh-type as a throw in for a second time. Lol.

darko 07-24-2012 08:26 AM

There was talk that Jackets would've been over the limit (contracts) and had to send someone our way. That might be the reason Delisle was included.

Trxjw 07-24-2012 08:58 AM

Big kid with below average mobility, but he makes up for it with very good positioning and solid stick work. He reads the play very well. If his feet could catch up to his head, he might be a bottom-pairing guy someday. He lost most of his first year to an injury, so we'll see how he goes.

Hartford's D took a pretty big hit with this deal. Hopefully Parlett can rebound from a poor season. Still have hope that he can be a reliable call-up.

HeaveHo94 07-24-2012 09:46 AM

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/steven_delisle/

a warm big body

n8 07-24-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBKers (Post 52890751)
When we "lost" Erixon we needed some AHL depth, ESP as Big Mac is out for a while
Logical move
Funny, my Dad ( former NHL scout) and brother (SEL GM) both argued the other day if Erixon had the goods to make it in the future in the NHL. They were undecidedly not in agreement. Interesting discussion though...
CT d looks like this now:

Redden
Parlett
Versace
Collins
Delisle
Pyett
McIllraith (inj)
Niemi echl?

Big changes from last year.
We need a scoring replacement for Wellman still...

that... doesn't look very promising...

BKBlackRanger 07-24-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 52903383)
that... doesn't look very promising...

The the guys we drafted the past two years should help if they keep developing, but this year we might see how good Talbot is if he has resigned.

cbjgirl 07-24-2012 02:36 PM

I'll admit that when I saw the name, the first thought that came to mind was "Who?" and I'm a CBJ fan. He was WAY down on the depth chart.

YoungD4 07-24-2012 06:38 PM

imagine if we signed Schultz

MoeBartoli 07-24-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbjgirl (Post 52908567)
I'll admit that when I saw the name, the first thought that came to mind was "Who?" and I'm a CBJ fan. He was WAY down on the depth chart.

Same here...and I still say "who"....actually makes it the best part of the trade as I can't miss someone I never knew.

petejudge 07-24-2012 07:24 PM

injury issues, marginal player. average junior player, good in the ECHL but that doesn't mean too much. wouldn't ever expect him to play in the NHL.

GAGLine 07-24-2012 07:35 PM

If there are compliance buyouts in the new CBA, Redden will be gone. If the players are locked out and it drags into October, will Redden still play in Hartford? Would the Rangers allow it? Would the league? I can't see it happening. It's quite possible Redden has played his last game for Hartford.

Brooklyn Ranger 07-24-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAGLine (Post 52924723)
If there are compliance buyouts in the new CBA, Redden will be gone. If the players are locked out and it drags into October, will Redden still play in Hartford? Would the Rangers allow it? Would the league? I can't see it happening. It's quite possible Redden has played his last game for Hartford.

If there's a lockout, Redden isn't allowed to play in the AHL, since he has a one way contract (there's no way to send him through waivers if there's a lockout). On the other hand, if there is a lockout, it will be easy to find defensemen who are allowed to play in the AHL (Bell for example) so I'm sure they can find a way to improve the blue line down there.

petejudge 07-24-2012 11:40 PM

wouldn't his one way contract keep him in the AHL though? if i'm sather, i don't use that buyout on redden. redden's making a lot of money but most everyone in the organization agrees that he's very valuable in CT and god knows the dolans have the money. i'd try to save it for one of these guys who we might REALLY need it for one day.

HatTrick Swayze 07-25-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petejudge (Post 52932887)
wouldn't his one way contract keep him in the AHL though? if i'm sather, i don't use that buyout on redden. redden's making a lot of money but most everyone in the organization agrees that he's very valuable in CT and god knows the dolans have the money. i'd try to save it for one of these guys who we might REALLY need it for one day.

Only reason to is if AHL salary (or a portion of it) counts against the cap in the new CBA. Which is rumored.

Brooklyn Ranger 07-25-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petejudge (Post 52932887)

Redden is currently on the Rangers' roster, his salary counts against the (summer) cap. The only way he can play in Hartford is if he sent through waivers once training camp starts. That's why he can't play in Hartford if there is a lockout.

After the lockout in 2004-5, teams had the opportunity to buyout players--but there was a very short window (a couple of weeks if I remember correctly). I see no reason why it would be any different this time, if allowed at all.