HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Anyone meeting Matt Cooke tomorrow? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1236729)

dr robbie 07-25-2012 04:20 PM

Anyone meeting Matt Cooke tomorrow?
 
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Cookie's going to be at Pensgear from 6-7PM tomorrow. I would love to go and get an auto'd card from him, but it's a 20 hour round trip for me :cry:. Anyone going to go? I think he'd be pretty cool to meet in person.

invictus 07-25-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr robbie (Post 52957105)
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Cookie's going to be at Pensgear from 6-7PM tomorrow. I would love to go and get an auto'd card from him, but it's a 20 hour round trip for me :cry:. Anyone going to go? I think he'd be pretty cool to meet in person.

Maybe it has been poor fan karma that has kept us back the past few seasons. I say you hit the road and ensure you are doing your part to bring the Cup back to the 'Burgh in '13!

eXile59 07-25-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr robbie (Post 52957105)
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Cookie's going to be at Pensgear from 6-7PM tomorrow. I would love to go and get an auto'd card from him, but it's a 20 hour round trip for me :cry:. Anyone going to go? I think he'd be pretty cool to meet in person.

I saw the sign for it the other day going to the movies. I imagine the lines are going to be crazy. I might pass by & if it doesn't look too bad I'll wait but I'm not spending all evening in line.

MetalheadPenguinsFan 07-25-2012 06:35 PM

I'd go if I could. I'd love to meet Cookie.

I just hope he plays with more grit this year. Not recklessly, but with more balls than last year.

Zirakzigil 07-25-2012 08:21 PM

I would if I could but I am waaaay up in Canadaland. :(

SEALBound 07-25-2012 11:09 PM

If that short, cute girl that works there is gonna be there...I'm there!

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina 07-25-2012 11:17 PM

I met him in Belleville once the summer after he won the cup. I couldn't place him at first but he looked so familiar (he had his teeth in so that threw me off), so I was kind of squinting at him trying to figure it out and I could tell he started to get a little uncomfortable (must of had tons of people bugging him that summer) then once it dawned on me I didn't want to bother him so I pretended I never knew who he was.

Blitzburgh87* 07-26-2012 12:46 AM

Hey man how Do you keep in contact with savard?

Von Malkin* 07-26-2012 06:25 AM

Players must hate doing these meet and greets. I'm sure they are fine with meeting little kids, but when the single weirdos who live with their moms basement come out to talk to you, that's gotta be horrible. Do players get paid a bunch to do these? Do fans have to pay and if so how much?

gopens66 07-26-2012 07:05 AM

Last summer hedid one of these at an Altoona Curve game. He was supposed to sign for one hour. There four times as many people in line for Matt Cooke than in the stands. He announced that he would stay and sign for everybody who was there. Very cool. I got mine while the 9th inning was starting.

invictus 07-26-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don'tcry4mejanhrdina (Post 52971651)
I met him in Belleville once the summer after he won the cup. I couldn't place him at first but he looked so familiar (he had his teeth in so that threw me off), so I was kind of squinting at him trying to figure it out and I could tell he started to get a little uncomfortable (must of had tons of people bugging him that summer) then once it dawned on me I didn't want to bother him so I pretended I never knew who he was.

:laugh:

Ogrezilla 07-26-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Malkin (Post 52977031)
Players must hate doing these meet and greets. I'm sure they are fine with meeting little kids, but when the single weirdos who live with their moms basement come out to talk to you, that's gotta be horrible. Do players get paid a bunch to do these? Do fans have to pay and if so how much?

I doubt they get paid. It's just part of the celebrity gig I think. I know they charge sometimes, but I would guess even that usually goes to some charity.

I could be wrong though.

CookieCrumbs* 07-29-2012 09:10 PM

Savard dove. We all know this.

EdwardBlake 07-29-2012 10:12 PM

I wish I could. But being in SD I cant.

So far my list of current pens, or ones that have only left in the past few years. Are...

Sykora
Talbot
Kennedy
Malkin
Orpik
Letang
Dupuis
Roberts

Meeting Cooke would be cool.

MetalheadPenguinsFan 07-29-2012 10:38 PM

So did any of us go?

Mordax 07-30-2012 11:03 AM

Who's Matt Cooke?

iamjs 08-02-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan (Post 53103359)
So did any of us go?

Yeah. Ended up going, got a jersey signed.

Like somebody else mentioned, I try keeping the conversation brief. Usually a "Hey how's it going?" and a comment or two. Don't want to walk up and be completely silent during the entire thing, but I also don't want to try to have a 30 min conversation about his time with the team.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...13015598_n.jpg

I usually don't get things personalized, but he snuck me with the "Do you want me to sign this to you?" Of course I told him yeah. I rarely ever trade jerseys anyways (think I've traded 2 in the last 5 years), but if the time were to come where I absolutely needed to get rid of it, I better find somebody with the same first name. :laugh:

Ogrezilla 08-02-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjs (Post 53212855)
Yeah. Ended up going, got a jersey signed.

Like somebody else mentioned, I try keeping the conversation brief. Usually a "Hey how's it going?" and a comment or two. Don't want to walk up and be completely silent during the entire thing, but I also don't want to try to have a 30 min conversation about his time with the team.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...13015598_n.jpg

I usually don't get things personalized, but he snuck me with the "Do you want me to sign this to you?" Of course I told him yeah. I rarely ever trade jerseys anyways (think I've traded 2 in the last 5 years), but if the time were to come where I absolutely needed to get rid of it, I better find somebody with the same first name. :laugh:

but if you do the value would have to skyrocket :laugh: I mean, as much as a Matt Cooke jersey can

iamjs 08-02-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 53213343)
but if you do the value would have to skyrocket :laugh: I mean, as much as a Matt Cooke jersey can

It's a team-issued (non-game worn) jersey, so it has a little more value than the typical jersey.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...47343788_n.jpg

Ogrezilla 08-02-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjs (Post 53213475)
It's a team-issued (non-game worn) jersey, so it has a little more value than the typical jersey.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...47343788_n.jpg

that's a nice jersey. If my name was Jason I'd offer you quite a bit for it :nod:

Darth Vitale 08-02-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mordax (Post 53112453)
Who's Matt Cooke?

Some guy from band camp.

dr robbie 08-02-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjs (Post 53212855)
Yeah. Ended up going, got a jersey signed.

Like somebody else mentioned, I try keeping the conversation brief. Usually a "Hey how's it going?" and a comment or two. Don't want to walk up and be completely silent during the entire thing, but I also don't want to try to have a 30 min conversation about his time with the team.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...13015598_n.jpg

I usually don't get things personalized, but he snuck me with the "Do you want me to sign this to you?" Of course I told him yeah. I rarely ever trade jerseys anyways (think I've traded 2 in the last 5 years), but if the time were to come where I absolutely needed to get rid of it, I better find somebody with the same first name. :laugh:

Very cool.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.