HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Would you want a lockout? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1236807)

SnowblindNYR 07-25-2012 06:37 PM

Would you want a lockout?

I really don't want to miss hockey for several months but with one of our best players (Gabby) being out the first couple of months, even with Nash our win % would take a hit and our rivals in the east get a bit of a head start. If we start with our full lineup our win% and points comparable to the rest of the league will be on an even standing with the rest of the league. That said look how will we did without Staal last year.

broadwayblue 07-25-2012 06:38 PM

NO..

Any lockout can mean no season. Is the last lockout so far removed from our memories that we would suggest this could be a good thing?

Anyway, this is our season.

As for our winning %...it's not how you start the season, it's how you finish it.

So NO.

Clowes Line 07-25-2012 06:40 PM

Lol what? No. End of discussion.

Bob Richards 07-25-2012 06:41 PM

Not even a little.

That would mean that I have lived through 3 lockouts. I'm 18. That's just embarrassing for our sport.

SnowblindNYR 07-25-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 52962223)
NO..

Any lockout can mean no season. Is the last lockout so far removed from our memories that we would suggest this could be a good thing?

Anyway, this is our season.

As for our winning %...it's not how you start the season, it's how you finish it.

So NO.

All right, if you were guaranteed hockey starting December?

Net Front Presence 07-25-2012 06:46 PM

No. I'd rather have a mediocre season than have to go another season without hockey.

mooskating 07-25-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 52962397)
All right, if you were guaranteed hockey starting December?

Nope. We have the best team in the league. we have enough depth that 1-2 injuries won't kill us (albeit dan G would suck) a lockout would hurt any way it's cut. sure gaborik is out now, but it gives nash more time to adjust to our system. allows kids to be tested early without risking killing our win ratio

BrianBoyle 07-25-2012 06:48 PM

Before the Nash deal, I would not have been too mad about a 2-3 month lockout. Mad, but not that mad

But now, I'm anxious. I'll be devestated if the season doesnt start on time.

Giglio NYR15 07-25-2012 06:54 PM

Considering im somewhwat broke after a bad month (games will be credited to my account), and Gaborik wont be back until December...and we start the season 8 games on the road anyway...I guess I wouldnt be completely disgusted if the season didnt start until Thanksgiving weekend.

That being said Id lose traverse city, training camp and seeing what young kids are competing there.

twistedwrister17 07-25-2012 06:57 PM

NO. The wait until October is bad enough.

Kane One 07-25-2012 06:58 PM

No, but it wouldn't be the end of the world from the Rangers' point of view.

It would suck, but it gives less of a disadvantage without Gaborik.

I've been thinking about that for a while now.

But let's say we win the Cup. We wouldn't hear the end of it from Devil fans. Ranger fans have been talking so much smack about them and their "half Cup" from 1995. They'd definitely return the favor.

robwrx04 07-25-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 52962623)
Before the Nash deal, I would not have been too mad about a 2-3 month lockout. Mad, but not that mad

But now, I'm anxious. I'll be devestated if the season doesnt start on time.

This.

Miamipuck 07-25-2012 09:13 PM

Not even if it meant Brodeur retiring.........

Well ok only then.

robwrx04 07-25-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miamipuck (Post 52967825)
Not even if it meant Brodeur retiring.........

Well ok only then.

I'd rather have Brodeur not retire. Seeing Nash light him up will be fantastic.

McMonster 07-25-2012 09:29 PM

No. I love hockey too much and the offseason is hard to get through as it is. Can't imagine waiting until December to watch hockey or even wait thru another full-blown lockout for that matter.

BlueShirts88 07-25-2012 09:30 PM

I really don't think any NHL fan wants a lockout. Would it benefit the Rangers? Maybe, but I still don't think anyone here can really "root" for a lockout.

With that being said, I don't this thread is headed anywhere good.