HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   News Article: Clock Investigation Completed; NHL Says It Was "Human Error" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1237191)

Ron 07-26-2012 01:28 PM

Clock Investigation Completed; NHL Says It Was "Human Error"
 
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/spo...-investigation

Ron 07-26-2012 01:29 PM

So there you have it.

The human error that stopped the Columbus Blue Jackets from taking the Stanley Cup this past season.

The Butcher 07-26-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 52990079)

it was columbs, everyone knows this

KINGS17 07-26-2012 02:05 PM

Pretty weak sauce from the NHL. Human error? That's their only explanation?

I suppose it's human error every time we saw it occur in multiple buildings around the NHL then, right?

Looks to me like just another piss poor investigation.

redcard 07-26-2012 02:07 PM

It happened several times this season even after the Columbus game, just didn't have an impact.

Telos 07-26-2012 02:16 PM

It's a pretty weak explanation. Especially since I've now noticed it in a vast number of games, across the league, and a wide range of teams. There are pauses in the clock during the final minutes of just a good number of games. I witnessed it quite a few times during games in the eastern conference last year. Just doesn't make sense. Like Hammond said, there is a switch there for the clock, and a loud audible noise is made every time it is activated to stop the clock. It is not like someone is flickering with it. This explanation is highly inadequate.

WantonAbandon 07-26-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 52991587)
Pretty weak sauce from the NHL. Human error? That's their only explanation?

I suppose it's human error every time we saw it occur in multiple buildings around the NHL then, right?

Looks to me like just another piss poor investigation.

Better than saying cheating

Perro 07-26-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcard (Post 52991663)
It happened several times this season even after the Columbus game, just didn't have an impact.

I think TSN showed it happening in a basketball game as well so it seems to me to be the clock re-setting thing lombardi mentioned.

kingsfan 07-26-2012 02:21 PM

I'd be pissed if I was the timekeeper and didn't do anything.

Did this Hurzeler guy come and work with the clock at Staples? Has anyone ran the clock for 20 minutes to see if it is a full 20 minutes or if it's ever done those adjustments again? Does anyone have an explaination for the countless other times this has happen that were shown in a post on these boards (and can be found on Youtube)?

It doesn't even say in the article if Hurlezer was part of the investigation or just commenting on the situation.

Poor article and poor explaination by the league.

Buddy The Elf 07-26-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantonAbandon (Post 52992177)
Better than saying cheating

Yeah.. or magic bullet

Tadite 07-26-2012 03:07 PM

I saw it happen in the playoffs. I think it was against the Blues in St. Louis...

Human error indeed.

Vamos Rafa 07-26-2012 05:19 PM

Did Jeff Carter play in this game? I don't remember. Wonder what he thinks of this decision (besides "well, who gives a ****? I have a ring now"). :)

KINGS17 07-26-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantonAbandon (Post 52992177)
Better than saying cheating

The guy that runs the clock doesn't work for the Kings.

etherialone 07-26-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 52992403)
I'd be pissed if I was the timekeeper and didn't do anything.

Did this Hurzeler guy come and work with the clock at Staples? Has anyone ran the clock for 20 minutes to see if it is a full 20 minutes or if it's ever done those adjustments again? Does anyone have an explaination for the countless other times this has happen that were shown in a post on these boards (and can be found on Youtube)?

It doesn't even say in the article if Hurlezer was part of the investigation or just commenting on the situation.

Poor article and poor explaination by the league.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Another terrible job by the league but I have come to expect it over the past few years.

kingsfan28 07-26-2012 07:43 PM



It could never be a software issue could it?

Quote:

Sean Fitz-Gerald of the National Post confirmed it was human error via NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly. He also spoke with Peter Hurzeler, the man in charge of all timing at the London Olympics, who explained that the pausing of the clock at 1.8 seconds was manual, citing that clocks do not know how to stop on their own.

The Olympics use equipment capable of detecting movement within millimetres in the pool, as well as on the track. So the question, then: If clocks do not know how or when to stop on their own, how could you explain the delay in Los Angeles?

It’s possible that somebody stopped it,” Hurzeler said.
This guy basically saying any clock issues during the Olympics will be human error.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.