HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Speculation: Instead of Bobby Ryan... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1237221)

Reaper1097 07-26-2012 02:20 PM

Instead of Bobby Ryan...

All the focus seems to be on Bobby Ryan (and rightfully so with his rift with Ducks mangament) but my question is what would it take to trade for Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf both of whom are UFA after next season. In most cases a player on the verge of UFA is viewed as a rental and his value diminishes a little.

Personally, I would prefer Perry over Getzlaf as he would play RW on Giroux's line. In fact, I think he would be a perfect fit.

We seem to have a solid trading partnership with Anaheim in the past (not counting the current Bobby Ryan talks)

So does Perry cost more or less for Ryan?

Thoughts?

Jtown 07-26-2012 02:21 PM

Id wait till Perry is a UFA. Chances are he is going to get a 7 mill plus contract and makes no sense in giving up assets to get him. Id rather have corey perry than parise any day of the week and see him aging better as well.

Spongolium* 07-26-2012 02:22 PM

Why are people so envisioned with gutting this teams depth? Serious question.

Reaper1097 07-26-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtown (Post 52992425)
Id wait till Perry is a UFA. Chances are he is going to get a 7 mill plus contract and makes no sense in giving up assets to get him. Id rather have corey perry than parise any day of the week and see him aging better as well.

Thats a good point. I failed to mention that resigning him would have to be a must for a trade. I wouldnt part with assests, just to see him walk anyway at the end of the year...

Is there any chance that anaheim resigns him? I do not their cap or financial status...

Reaper1097 07-26-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 52992525)

Its more of seeing what it would take to get him, I wouldnt gut the franchise for any player in the league. I love the depth but if we are able to get him, since he will be an UFA without giving up Couturier or Schenn, i think you have to consider it, dont you?

If he were signed long term there is no way he is traded for any package that doesnt include either couturier or schenn.

jweiner 07-26-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Complete agreement with this. Perry had one unreal season with a 17.2% shooting %. They are good UFA targets, not worth to trade for.

Our only "expendable" assets are Simmonds, Read and Meszaros, but due to our lack of organizational depth, they are more valuable to us than they are to another organization. This should be the team heading into the season.

Jack de la Hoya 07-26-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper1097 (Post 52992307)
All the focus seems to be on Bobby Ryan (and rightfully so with his rift with Ducks mangament) but my question is what would it take to trade for Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf both of whom are UFA after next season. In most cases a player on the verge of UFA is viewed as a rental and his value diminishes a little.

Personally, I would prefer Perry over Getzlaf as he would play RW on Giroux's line. In fact, I think he would be a perfect fit.

We seem to have a solid trading partnership with Anaheim in the past (not counting the current Bobby Ryan talks)

So does Perry cost more or less for Ryan?

Thoughts?

At the moment, I believe Perry remains clearly positioned in the "untouchable" category. If the Ducks can't get him signed by the trade deadline, that could change--but he'd be tricky to acquire then, given the assets it would take, and his cap hit. Even if they wanted to, I'm not sure that they could trade him right now--it would be tricky to get to the salary cap floor.

To answer your question, though, it would take a package of assets from our "untouchables" list--Schenn, Couturier, etc.

Spongolium* 07-26-2012 02:39 PM

There has just been a piece on the flyers board stating that the flyers are not going to be giving up any young talent to aquire vets.

That will remain the case. The flyers have given up aquiring overpriced vets. It doesn't work. It only took them 20 years to figure it out

CS 07-26-2012 02:44 PM

Perry and Enstrom are our likely targets next year.

For now, we just continue to develop our young roster.

jd2210 07-26-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Good question. I don't get it either.

orange is better 07-26-2012 02:51 PM

i'd love corey perry. i wouldn't be surprised if we took a huge shot at him next summer.

Prongo 07-26-2012 03:31 PM

Why does CG not like Perry! I want to know!

Also I agree with the post above, he would be a great top line winger for Giroux. Giroux would have to forgive him though for that elbow to the head that gave him that concussion.

CanadianFlyer88 07-26-2012 03:38 PM

^

The easy answer is that she doesn't like the way he plays...

... but the real reason is that he played for CG's hated rival in the OHL (London Knights; she's a Kitchener Rangers supporter). She tends to have a clear bias against former Knights, whether she admits it or not. To CG: :P

Spongolium* 07-26-2012 03:58 PM

Correy Perry is a *********. But he's a damn good hockey player.

JayB 07-26-2012 04:42 PM

Instead Ryan i would go after these players:

Evander Kane (RFA)
Chris Stewart
Milan Lucic
Dustin Brown
Tuomo Ruutu (NTC)
Shane Doan (UFA)
Jarome Iginla
Jamie Benn (RFA)
Max Pacioretty

And cause we didnīt get Weber i would go after:

PK Subban (RFA)
Dmitry Kulikov (RFA)
Keith Yandle
Zach Bogosian

What the rfa status do player value in trade?

Does it put it low or just nothing?

I was just thinkinng cause we did offer sheet Weber ( 4 frst rounders) , would Nashville accept trade with 4 first rounders + player (Like Mezza or Voracek or something)?

And how possible is get like two flys with one shot? I mean trade like winger+defender? Bogo+Kane, Subban+Pacioretty, Iginla+Bouwmeester, Stewart+Pietrangelo? Just thinking not seriously offering..

But if its possible , if we try to get Weber with 4 picks, i would start the trade for Kane+Bogo like 4 first round pick, Mezzarov, Read and maybe Voracek if we get Doan from UFA... Or is it more easier trade defender and winger for us from different teams ?

bp spec 07-26-2012 05:27 PM

I wouldn't mind Perry at all. Hate him but I guess that would change if he played for us. Those sort of feelings tend to change when they're actually playing for your team.

Prongo 07-26-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 53000549)

Evander Kane (RFA)- Price tag would be outrageous.. we will never get him.
Chris Stewart-Don't want, constant character issues
Milan Lucic-Not available
Dustin Brown-Not available
Tuomo Ruutu (NTC)-Hell no, over paid
Shane Doan (UFA)-Yes please
Jarome Iginla-Old, but does play the Flyers way just would cost too much
Jamie Benn (RFA)-Not available
Max Pacioretty-Not available

And cause we didnīt get Weber i would go after:

PK Subban (RFA)-Not a Subban fan, but would be nice to get him. Still has issues though
Dmitry Kulikov (RFA)-Would love, but price would be outrageous again
Keith Yandle-Willing to trade Schenn or Couts(nope) then we will not get him
Zach Bogosian-No clue if he would be able to get in a trade, but would be a nice addition to our defense

What the rfa status do player value in trade?

Does it put it low or just nothing? usually RFA's have a lot of value simply because they are under club control for more then 1 year or so.

I was just thinkinng cause we did offer sheet Weber ( 4 frst rounders) , would Nashville accept trade with 4 first rounders + player (Like Mezza or Voracek or something)? Can't trade him for a year, also I still don't think the Flyers offer that much for Weber.

And how possible is get like two flys with one shot? I mean trade like winger+defender? Bogo+Kane, Subban+Pacioretty, Iginla+Bouwmeester, Stewart+Pietrangelo? Just thinking not seriously offering.. Pietrangelo is one player I would give a boat load up for, but he is most definitely not available. Those packages would cost a ton also

But if its possible , if we try to get Weber with 4 picks, i would start the trade for Kane+Bogo like 4 first round pick, Mezzarov, Read and maybe Voracek if we get Doan from UFA... Or is it more easier trade defender and winger for us from different teams ? I would say we are set at forward, if we get Doan we will have one forward that maybe could be trade bait. This team really lacks a big time stud d prospect, and Gudbranson would be my player I target. Love the way that kid plays. And yes we would most likely get the Forward and a Defenseman in two different trades.

Bold answers are how I feel.

LetsGoFlyers1825 07-26-2012 06:22 PM

It would be a dream come true if we managed to sign PK to an offer sheet and have Montreal not match it.

I see us possibly signing Doan, and letting MAB, Gus, and Manning fight for the #6 on D.

Schenn Bros Pizza* 07-26-2012 06:40 PM

I dont care who we go after as long as we keep; G, Couter, Schenn Bros, Simmer, Voracek, Coburn, Grossman, Hartnell, Talbot. YUP, I love this team we have, want to see these guys together for years to come. But Id prolly trade Couter for OEL/Gudbranson/Pietro.

sobrien 07-26-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 52997503)
^

The easy answer is that she doesn't like the way he plays...

... but the real reason is that he played for CG's hated rival in the OHL (London Knights; she's a Kitchener Rangers supporter). She tends to have a clear bias against former Knights, whether she admits it or not. To CG: :P

Does that mean we can't draft Max Domi or Bo Horvat? :help:

CharlieGirl 07-26-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobrien (Post 53005267)
Does that mean we can't draft Max Domi or Bo Horvat? :help:

Nope. I wanted the Flyers to draft Maatta this year. Domi is uber-skilled and would be phenomenal beside Roo. Horvat is also very good.

I detest the way Perry plays, the way he's a badass when he's standing behind a linesman and a ***** everywhere else, the way he falls down and then immediately looks to the ref for a call, and his face. :D

laundryman 07-27-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 53000549)

Evander Kane (RFA)
Chris Stewart
Milan Lucic
Dustin Brown
Tuomo Ruutu (NTC)
Shane Doan (UFA)
Jarome Iginla
Jamie Benn (RFA)
Max Pacioretty

I would throw up in my mouth a little bit if we acquired Lucic

GoneFullHextall 07-27-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 53017005)

Lucic would be a fan favorite if he was a Flyer.

sobrien 07-27-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 53017769)
Lucic would be a fan favorite if he was a Flyer.

Bingo. Would love Lucic

RespectTheCouts 07-27-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 53017005)

At first we probably all would, but the guy is a beast and would be a fan favorite here no doubt