HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Proposal: Jay-Bo Proposals. What would you like to see? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1237597)

Northern Heat 07-27-2012 04:17 AM

Jay-Bo Proposals. What would you like to see?
 
Just for fun but keep them realistic. As much as we'd all like to think Philly should throw us Couts for Boumeester just because they didn't land Weber, it ain't happening.

personally I would like to see a run for Rattie.

Maybe either a Jay-bo for Rattie and a 1st

or jay-bo for Rattie and Cole (not sure if the Blues would go for it though)

Fire away.

drewskiv 07-27-2012 04:50 AM

How about jbo for anything than a might be good in the nhl prospects.

Personaly i wouldnt mind a nhl vet comming back like

Bozak - Gagne - Willson
Wiess - Zajac - Johansson
I know the last 3 are long shots but would love to have them

jtommyt 07-27-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Heat (Post 53019697)
Just for fun but keep them realistic. As much as we'd all like to think Philly should throw us Couts for Boumeester just because they didn't land Weber, it ain't happening.

personally I would like to see a run for Rattie.

Maybe either a Jay-bo for Rattie and a 1st

or jay-bo for Rattie and Cole (not sure if the Blues would go for it though)

Fire away.

I'd be happy with Rattie and Cole.

If Philly's interested but won't part with Schenn or Couts, then I'd look at a package of Simmonds and Read.

I'd also talk to Ottawa about either Mark Stone or Mika Zibanejad and a 2nd.

From Anaheim I'd ask for Emerson Etem (although I'm not sure they'd take that).

From the Islanders I want Ryan Strome.

tfong 07-27-2012 01:57 PM

I think Ryan Strome is going to bust.

Other than that I'd be ok with a Rattie trade. don't know much about Cole.

jtommyt 07-27-2012 02:17 PM

Cole's an NHL ready defenseman... Think Brodie with a little more size.

The Hendog 07-27-2012 02:23 PM

Top 4 Dman to replace JBo and a young forward prospect or current young NHL player

I think something around Read & Mezaros for JBo + would be sweet!

Johnny Hoxville 07-27-2012 03:51 PM

Dammit, I've been meaning to start this thread for the last 3 days but I've been to busy.

IMO, most likely destinations are: STL, Philly, Detroit, and Nashville.

Needs: If the Flames trade Bouwmeester, a must as part of the package would be a young, inexpensive dman that is top 4 ready now and has upside upon that.

Players that fit this mold: Cole, Gustafsson, Smith and Blum/Ellis/Jossi. So with any of teams listed, I would start there and then add draft picks/prospects.

STL: Cole and a 2nd, or Cole and Rattie
Philly: Gustafsson and a 1st
Detroit: Smith and a 2nd or Smith and Nyquist
Nash: Blum/Ellis and a 2nd

These are all trade scenarios that I would consider if I were Feaster, anything short of this and I keep Jbo.

jtommyt 07-27-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 53037317)
Dammit, I've been meaning to start this thread for the last 3 days but I've been to busy.

IMO, most likely destinations are: STL, Philly, Detroit, and Nashville.

Needs: If the Flames trade Bouwmeester, a must as part of the package would be a young, inexpensive dman that is top 4 ready now and has upside upon that.

Players that fit this mold: Cole, Gustafsson, Smith and Blum/Ellis/Jossi. So with any of teams listed, I would start there and then add draft picks/prospects.

STL: Cole and a 2nd, or Cole and Rattie
Philly: Gustafsson and a 1st
Detroit: Smith and a 2nd or Smith and Nyquist
Nash: Blum/Ellis and a 2nd

These are all trade scenarios that I would consider if I were Feaster, anything short of this and I keep Jbo.

I think Ottawa, the Islanders, and the Ducks could also reasonably be interested.

Mark Stone, Ryan Strome, and Emerson Etem are the players I'd target first, although I'm not sure they'd be available for Jaybo alone.

TherapyforGlencross 07-27-2012 04:41 PM

Don't you think that you are asking too much? I'm a big Boumeester fan, but asking for Zibanejad and a 2nd is a bit much IMO. Zibanejad is projected to be a top #1 or 2 center. I am 99% sure that Ottawa doesn't bite.

jtommyt 07-27-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesrule (Post 53039335)
Don't you think that you are asking too much? I'm a big Boumeester fan, but asking for Zibanejad and a 2nd is a bit much IMO. Zibanejad is projected to be a top #1 or 2 center. I am 99% sure that Ottawa doesn't bite.

This is my first ask. Not my expectation... now that being said, Mika didn't do as well last year as everyone hoped he would. His value is likely down a bit from where it was at the draft last year.

nogger 07-27-2012 04:51 PM

I'd rather see JayBo under a new coach and system before I start making proposals. I'd be ecstatic if he returned to his old form and we can for surely get a huge payout next summer.

Johnny Hoxville 07-27-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtommyt (Post 53037967)
I think Ottawa, the Islanders, and the Ducks could also reasonably be interested.

Mark Stone, Ryan Strome, and Emerson Etem are the players I'd target first, although I'm not sure they'd be available for Jaybo alone.

I agree, but does Bouwmeester waive to go to the Ducks or Isles? I'm not so sure, but yes they have probably put in calls.

And I'd be totally down with Strome, however we would need to get a dman from them.

Dustin16182 07-27-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 53037317)
Dammit, I've been meaning to start this thread for the last 3 days but I've been to busy.

IMO, most likely destinations are: STL, Philly, Detroit, and Nashville.

Needs: If the Flames trade Bouwmeester, a must as part of the package would be a young, inexpensive dman that is top 4 ready now and has upside upon that.

Players that fit this mold: Cole, Gustafsson, Smith and Blum/Ellis/Jossi. So with any of teams listed, I would start there and then add draft picks/prospects.

STL: Cole and a 2nd, or Cole and Rattie
Philly: Gustafsson and a 1st
Detroit: Smith and a 2nd or Smith and Nyquist
Nash: Blum/Ellis and a 2nd

These are all trade scenarios that I would consider if I were Feaster, anything short of this and I keep Jbo.

Sorry but smith and nyquist will stay in Detroit. If we were to trade for jbo it'd be something like White + Tatar (projected top 6 winger) + depth player like mursak/emmerton + 1st

To be honest though, I don't see how Detroit is going to upgrade anything through trade until well after cba problems are solved, and the season is nearing the trade deadline

MarkGio 07-27-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin16182 (Post 53046327)
Sorry but smith and nyquist will stay in Detroit. If we were to trade for jbo

Then you won't.... Sorry.

DoubleJ96 07-27-2012 10:03 PM

Ideally, I'd like to see a top 4 defenseman plus a nice prospect or a 1st.

InfinityIggy 07-27-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin16182 (Post 53046327)
Sorry but smith and nyquist will stay in Detroit. If we were to trade for jbo it'd be something like White + Tatar (projected top 6 winger) + depth player like mursak/emmerton + 1st

To be honest though, I don't see how Detroit is going to upgrade anything through trade until well after cba problems are solved, and the season is nearing the trade deadline

White, Tatar, Emmerton, 1st is actually a pretty solid offer IMO.

Northern Heat 07-28-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nogger (Post 53039715)
I'd rather see JayBo under a new coach and system before I start making proposals...

Fair statement. Hard to argue that

Flamesarmstrong22 07-28-2012 02:42 AM

I would definitely consider that Detroit offer but I dont see Detroit doing it. They need to add a top 4 Defencman which they will in bouwmeester but lose in white which creates another hole. I think if Detroit acquired bouwmeester they wouldn't want to give up a D in the trade which is why I don't think their good trading partners.

Flamesarmstrong22 07-28-2012 02:46 AM

The most likely partners in my opinion are Philly and st.louis. From st.louis like everyone else I'd want cole+rattie. From Philly probably read+mezaros+3rd for bouwmeester+stempniak.

Read takes stempniak's spot in the line up and mezaros takes bouwmeester's spot. We get a little weaker on D but we shed cap and add a real solid prospect in read.

Flamesarmstrong22 07-28-2012 02:49 AM

Everyone on the main board keep going on about how bouwmeester ain't worth nothing and that teams won't offer anything significant. I don't think thats true but if it is I have no problem with keeping bouwmeester. He eats a bunch of minutes. And under a new coach and system he may return to his old self. I myself actually hope that featser does NOT trade bouwmeester because it creates a huge hole on our D.

Northern Heat 07-28-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 (Post 53054519)
Everyone on the main board keep going on about how bouwmeester ain't worth nothing and that teams won't offer anything significant.

I don't bother reading threads on the main board with Boumeester in the title. It's the same content each time. A bunch of posters that don't actually watch him play and only look up stats from the previous couple years, then bash him.

It's just too infuriating now so I just don't bother reading them anymore.

HighLifeMan 07-28-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Heat (Post 53054735)
I don't bother reading threads on the main board with Boumeester in the title. It's the same content each time. A bunch of posters that don't actually watch him play and only look up stats from the previous couple years, then bash him.

It's just too infuriating now so I just don't bother reading them anymore.

It's not just Bouwmeester either. I honestly believe that 85% of the threads I read through on the main forum have some form of negativity thrown towards this team.

Of the five years I have spent reading (and eventually posting) on this site, I have never seen so much unsubstantiated hate heaped upon a certain team.

I seriously hope we perform this upcoming season for no other reason but to prove all of the pessimists wrong.

As you said, it is truly infuriating at times to read through the same drivel on a day to day basis.

I say keep Bouwmeester! **** the haters Jay!. ;)

RA9 07-28-2012 06:45 AM

I did an offer that was Gustaffson+mezaros for bouwmeestrr and a 2nd round pick, but this was before we traded it away. Kt got yes and no's from both sides.

Krishna 07-28-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 53037317)
Dammit, I've been meaning to start this thread for the last 3 days but I've been to busy.

IMO, most likely destinations are: STL, Philly, Detroit, and Nashville.

Needs: If the Flames trade Bouwmeester, a must as part of the package would be a young, inexpensive dman that is top 4 ready now and has upside upon that.

Players that fit this mold: Cole, Gustafsson, Smith and Blum/Ellis/Jossi. So with any of teams listed, I would start there and then add draft picks/prospects.

STL: Cole and a 2nd, or Cole and Rattie
Philly: Gustafsson and a 1st
Detroit: Smith and a 2nd or Smith and Nyquist
Nash: Blum/Ellis and a 2nd

These are all trade scenarios that I would consider if I were Feaster, anything short of this and I keep Jbo.

Only Gustafsson and a 1st for him? Done.

TheHudlinator 07-28-2012 11:09 AM

From Detroit I would like Quincey + Tatar + 1st.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.