HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Prospect Info: [#8] Voting -- HFStars 2012 Top-20 Prospects -- [#9] Discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1237639)

BigG44 07-27-2012 07:56 AM

[#8] Voting -- HFStars 2012 Top-20 Prospects -- [#9] Discussion

‏‏‏‏ 
pos.
country
acquired
round
change
% of vote
 ‏‏‏‏Jack Campbell
G
1st
 ‏‏‏‏Jamie Oleksiak
D
1st
 ‏‏‏‏Alex Chiasson
RW
2nd
 ‏‏‏‏Radek Faksa
C
1st
new
 ‏‏‏‏Brenden Dillon
D
FA
 ‏‏‏‏Patrik Nemeth
D
2nd
 ‏‏‏‏Cody Eakin
C
TR
new

BigG44 07-27-2012 07:59 AM

My guess is Reilly Smith wins. I still stuck with the Glennie vote though, and my next one would have been Reilly.

MetalGodAOD* 07-27-2012 08:25 AM

Accidently voted Winther, meant to vote Fraser.

English stars fan 07-27-2012 08:43 AM

Went for Fraser...guy just has the eye for goal. Glennie then R Smith next...Glennie's year in the pros got going eventually and I still think he's more likely to make it as a top6 guy than Reilly is

Cin 07-27-2012 08:47 AM

Fraser.

Frozen Failure 07-27-2012 09:44 AM

Voted for Guptill because I'm a rebel.

Fly Like a C5 07-27-2012 09:44 AM

8. Fraser
9. R. Smith - Smith seems to be very well rounded and the organization thought highly enough of him to have him finish the season in Dallas. He would have been my #8 but you can't ignore Fraser's 37 goals in the AHL last season.

Ampersand 07-27-2012 10:15 AM

Went for Glennie...... again

Hull Fan 07-27-2012 10:51 AM

Fraser, Guptill, Stransky/Reilly, Reilly/Stranksy

Not sure about the order of the last two there but Fraser's proximity puts him over Guptill's potential right now.

Ambassador Of Fun 07-27-2012 10:53 AM

I think Glennie, R. Smith, Fraser, Bystrom, and Guptill all have merit at this point and I really have no clue who has the most potential because I have seen so little of anyone but Smith and Fraser. I guess I'll go with Fraser because I like his game more than Smith's from what I've seen.

Chaos 07-27-2012 10:57 AM

Went with Fraser here. Just cant ignore 37 goals in your 1st professional season. Reilly Smith is at #9 for me. Sure, he wasnt ready for the NHL at the end of last season, but we shouldnt hold that too much against him. Give him a full AHL season and I think we'll get back to being pretty excited about him.

Ogi1Kenobi 07-27-2012 05:04 PM

Going with Glennie. He didn't outshine Fraser (in the goal scoring department), but I think he still has more upside than both Smith and Fraser.

Glennie
Fraser
R. Smith

LatvianTwist 07-27-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 53024481)
Voted for Guptill because I'm a rebel.

I was tempted to put him up here as well.

There are 5 forwards up for the next 5 spots IMO. Don't see any of the defensemen breaking into this pack, this seems like a pretty solid group of wingers here.

R. Smith
Fraser
Ritchie
Guptill
Glennie

How I'd rank them, personally.

I've got Bystrom just after this group as well, too.

Karitimes 07-27-2012 07:53 PM

Stransky seems to be quite a gem. I expect he will climb the most when this list a prospects is voted on again next summer

txomisc 07-27-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karitimes (Post 53046149)
Stransky seems to be quite a gem. I expect he will climb the most when this list a prospects is voted on again next summer

The awesome thing is even though we know he is looking like a gem he is still unlikely a top 10 prospect at this point. One more piece of evidence that the Stars system has come a long way in a very short period of time.

txomisc 07-27-2012 09:01 PM

hoping Reilly wins this so i can finally stop voting for him.
My next choice is glennie. He seems to be maturing as he learns what it takes to be a good player. My expectations are for him to have a very productive season for a very good team in Texas.

MetalGodAOD* 07-27-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txomisc (Post 53047917)
The awesome thing is even though we know he is looking like a gem he is still unlikely a top 10 prospect at this point. One more piece of evidence that the Stars system has come a long way in a very short period of time.

Yep, I've been tempted to vote for Stransky based on his great potential, but there's just no way he's ahead of guys with similar top 6 potential like R. Smith and Fraser, who are closer to the NHL. I'm really excited about Stransky but he's not ahead of the rest of the forwards yet; and as txomisc said, that's a great thing.

My current list is Fraser > R. Smith > Guptil > Glennie > Stransky > Ritchie/Bystrom. Not going to lie, I completely forgot about Ritchie until seeing LT's list. Pretty amazing how deep at Wing we are right now. Our #12-13 prospect could easily be James Neal 2.0.

BigG44 07-27-2012 09:57 PM

I'm honestly really excited about Ritchie. I know we're use to bottom line pluggers as Dallas Stars draft picks so it's almost a dirty word to compliment a guys defense, but Ritchie's defense truly was strong in the playoffs where he took on a 3rd line checking role. Before the playoffs, he was also a PPG player getting Top 6 minutes so he excelled in whatever role Niagara was using him. The reports of having the best shot at the development camp only add fuel to the fire.

He's going to be further down my list, but I pretty much have the same level of excitement for the guys between 12 and 20. Dallas' depth is a wonderful thing, and you can see that in two or three years Dallas could have the firepower to go after those "last" pieces to put the team over the top.

BigG44 07-27-2012 10:10 PM

As of 38 total votes, the official count seems to be:

Fraser @ 10 (added UnholyPrince)

Glennie @ 10 (subtracted Ana Crusis, bnots13)

R. Smith @ 13

I'd like to see the vote total get to at least 45 before we consider moving on. Hopefully, it'll get in the 50's.

Nullus Reverentia 07-27-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 53049447)
I'm honestly really excited about Ritchie. I know we're use to bottom line pluggers as Dallas Stars draft picks so it's almost a dirty word to compliment a guys defense, but Ritchie's defense truly was strong in the playoffs where he took on a 3rd line checking role. Before the playoffs, he was also a PPG player getting Top 6 minutes so he excelled in whatever role Niagara was using him. The reports of having the best shot at the development camp only add fuel to the fire.

He's going to be further down my list, but I pretty much have the same level of excitement for the guys between 12 and 20. Dallas' depth is a wonderful thing, and you can see that in two or three years Dallas could have the firepower to go after those "last" pieces to put the team over the top.

He never really impressed me that much when I saw him last year, I used to be really high on him.

Phil Connors* 07-27-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 53049813)
As of 38 total votes, the official count seems to be:

Fraser @ 10 (added UnholyPrince)

Glennie @ 10 (subtracted Ana Crusis, bnots13)

R. Smith @ 13

I'd like to see the vote total get to at least 45 before we consider moving on. Hopefully, it'll get in the 50's.

I'm hesitant to continue voting. My knowledge after the top 6 is pretty limited. I voted Fraser last time. Seeing his AHL totals(compared to Eakin) just made me feel it has to translate over to the NHL in some respect (and the negatives that I heard were something I think can be improved on). But the clear consensus was Eakin which kind of surprised me.

Anyway I'll continue if you want to hit a certain number of votes, but I almost feel it's kind of a wasted vote with my lack of knowledge.

Cin 07-28-2012 11:03 AM

This is Glennie's final year to prove he's not just a piece in our next trade. That alone has me wondering why so many of you have him higher than all of these players who have actually proven themselves.

Glennie has a higher ceiling than Fraser who just kicked his ass in the AHL? Sorry, but no.

Glennie was a GREAT player in juniors, and yeah he's improving. Just because he was overvalued by our organization, doesn't mean his potential is higher than a player in the 5th round. I KNOW I don't have to explain this to Stars fans.

Scott Glennie plays when he feels like, and he doesn't show heart until the second half. (if he even chooses to then)

Matt Fraser just scored 37 goals in his FIRST professional season. That's not a player with a higher upside? Honestly? Don't tell me line mates made a difference either. Texas was a pathetic excuse for a team last season.

TrillMike 07-28-2012 12:39 PM

I can't vote from my phone. Put me down for Fraser. Glennie has dropped down my personal list.

So, 8. Fraser ( then I'd prob go 9. A. Smith, / 10. R. Smith).

Arpi3080 07-28-2012 02:48 PM

I voted for Fraser he is a pure goal scorer of course he has to improve other areas but not many players have such a scoring touch.

My next votes will be Ritchie and R. Smith.

LatvianTwist 07-28-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillmike (Post 53061983)
I can't vote from my phone. Put me down for Fraser. Glennie has dropped down my personal list.

So, 8. Fraser ( then I'd prob go 9. A. Smith, / 10. R. Smith).

what