HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Proposal: Lidstrom's Kids (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1238209)

Capsized 07-28-2012 12:31 PM

Lidstrom's Kids
 
I know Nicks kids play hockey and they are getting old enough to be drafted. Does anyone here know anything about them as hockey players?

Frozen Fiend 07-28-2012 01:39 PM

Hmmmm... I know Lidstrom has 4 sons, and Yzerman has 3 daughters. The children should espouse, then we draft the male offspring. Of course this plan probably has a completion date somewhere around 2045.

Nontheless, these would be the best two way players the world has ever seen.

Capsized 07-28-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Fiend (Post 53063657)
Hmmmm... I know Lidstrom has 4 sons, and Yzerman has 3 daughters. The children should espouse, then we draft the male offspring. Of course this plan probably has a completion date somewhere around 2045.

Nontheless, these would be the best two way players the world has ever seen.

Our future is bright!
In all seriousness though (I labeled the thread "proposal" for fun:naughty:) I just wondered if anyone knows anything about the status of Nick's kids as players.

RomersWorld* 07-28-2012 01:48 PM

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=73566
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=57339

Kevin Lidstrom was undrafted, he was eligible for this years draft. Adam Lidstrom will be eligible in 2014 I think...not sure if he has any potential to be drafted or not.

Capsized 07-28-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomersWorld (Post 53063897)
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=73566
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=57339

Kevin Lidstrom was undrafted, he was eligible for this years draft. Adam Lidstrom will be eligible in 2014 I think...not sure if he has any potential to be drafted or not.

Ok that is the last straw! Holland should be fired immediately! :rant:

Thanks man for satisfying my curiosity.:)

RomersWorld* 07-28-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schminksbro (Post 53064009)
Ok that is the last straw! Holland should be fired immediately! :rant:

Thanks man for satisfying my curiosity.:)

No problem if you just google the name and "eliteprospects"...that site lists each player's relative that also has a page.

For instance
http://eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=44

You can see Mike Babcock's son's page, Michael Babcock, right above the statistics.

Or google "Brendan Smith eliteprospects" and you can see his brother's pages:
"Brother: Reilly Smith
Brother: Rory Smith (Professional Lacrosse Player)"

and you can just click on them.

Capsized 07-28-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomersWorld (Post 53064263)
No problem if you just google the name and "eliteprospects"...that site lists each player's relative that also has a page.

For instance
http://eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=44

You can see Mike Babcock's son's page, Michael Babcock, right above the statistics.

Or google "Brendan Smith eliteprospects" and you can see his brother's pages:
"Brother: Reilly Smith
Brother: Rory Smith (Professional Lacrosse Player)"

and you can just click on them.

Thanks for the info!

SirKillalot 07-28-2012 06:44 PM

Surprised that his kid went un-drafted. Anyone know if he can make it?

jaster 07-28-2012 09:40 PM

Not sure how Adam has developed the last several years, but I used to see him play a lot when he was a squirt/peewee. My little cousin was on the same team and I used to go to some games in Novi (would see Nick in the lockerroom all the time, talked to him a few times, which was pretty cool). Adam was maybe the best player on the team, but he wasn't blowing people away, and they weren't even in the highest league. Think it was mostly AA/A. Again, maybe he's blown up since then, but if not, I doubt he gets drafted either.

Ched Brosky 07-28-2012 10:18 PM

surprised Holland didn't throw Nick's kid a bone and take him in the 7th rounder as a gesture of gratitude for all Nick has done for that franchise. I think it was Gillis but may have been Nonis, did it for our then goaltending coach, drafting his son Morgan Clark in the 7th round

Bench 07-29-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 53075961)
Think it was mostly AA/A. Again, maybe he's blown up since then, but if not, I doubt he gets drafted either.

If you're not impressing at that level, that's all there is to it. I've seen kids dominate AA and barely make a dent in division 1 college hockey later on.

Yemack 07-29-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Fiend (Post 53063657)
Hmmmm... I know Lidstrom has 4 sons, and Yzerman has 3 daughters. The children should espouse, then we draft the male offspring. Of course this plan probably has a completion date somewhere around 2045.

Nontheless, these would be the best two way players the world has ever seen.

you are a genius

BeersHockey 07-29-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback91 (Post 53076795)
surprised Holland didn't throw Nick's kid a bone and take him in the 7th rounder as a gesture of gratitude for all Nick has done for that franchise. I think it was Gillis but may have been Nonis, did it for our then goaltending coach, drafting his son Morgan Clark in the 7th round

Yeah, Kenny H doesn't waste picks like that, especially when Hakan A comes calling in the 7th round with some 6.6 Sweedish (sp) monitor no one else had ever heard of.

Jimbo7200 07-29-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schminksbro (Post 53061731)
I know Nicks kids play hockey and they are getting old enough to be drafted. Does anyone here know anything about them as hockey players?

I played against one of Nick's kids in high school--the one who went to Catholic Central. He was nothing special.

octopi 07-29-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Fiend (Post 53063657)
Hmmmm... I know Lidstrom has 4 sons, and Yzerman has 3 daughters. The children should espouse, then we draft the male offspring. Of course this plan probably has a completion date somewhere around 2045.

Nontheless, these would be the best two way players the world has ever seen.

I suggested this about 8 years ago first.

And to split the results between the Red Wings and Swedish women's team.

GentlemanMasher* 07-30-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback91 (Post 53076795)
surprised Holland didn't throw Nick's kid a bone and take him in the 7th rounder as a gesture of gratitude for all Nick has done for that franchise. I think it was Gillis but may have been Nonis, did it for our then goaltending coach, drafting his son Morgan Clark in the 7th round

Yeah but after the charity move, what do you do with him?

joe89 08-01-2012 03:29 AM

Kevin is looking to play for Vasteras' J20 team(top division) and Adam for the J18 team(also top division). The other kids will also play for youth teams in the organization.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.