HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rumor: Boston pundit covets Thornton for NYR (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1238585)

LadyStanley 07-29-2012 09:16 AM

Boston pundit covets Thornton for NYR
 
http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/0...UaM/story.html

Given that the Sharks are unlike to want to trade him and Thornton does not want to move, kinda thinks its moot.

Much less that NYR would be willing to give up the assets to acquire him.

Pinkfloyd 07-29-2012 09:31 AM

If they want to base a deal around Kreider, I'd listen but I can't see the Rangers looking to add Thornton when they have Gaborik and Richards and Nash as big money talents.

210 07-29-2012 10:19 AM

If by "covet" you mean "suggests it's possible", then yes, KPD "covets Thornton for NYR"...

Nighthock 07-29-2012 10:22 AM

... okay

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...03swo1_500.gif

MadmanSJ 07-29-2012 10:37 AM

And I want a toilet seat made out of solid gold but it's just not in the cards now is it?

CommanderShepard15 07-29-2012 11:07 AM

uh. just basically saying that they played together, and NYR might want them to do it again

not really news...

Oppa 07-29-2012 11:09 AM

That's like saying Adam Burish would come to the Sharks just because he played with Pavels....


OMG

SpinTheBlackCircle 07-29-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadmanSJ (Post 53085133)
And I want a toilet seat made out of solid gold

****** idea

Graveland 07-29-2012 12:04 PM

Like we'd want anyone from the softest team in the league.















:sarcasm:

SJeasy 07-29-2012 12:26 PM

Amazing that KPD is not continuing to harp on what a loser Thornton is. He practically ran a one man campaign against him while he was with Boston.

sharski 07-29-2012 01:01 PM

must be really easy reporting on things that have 0% chance of happening

Arkansas Shark 07-29-2012 02:02 PM

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...ight_thumb.jpg

TheJuxtaposer 07-29-2012 03:04 PM

:biglaugh: Well that was entertaining.

Kershaw 07-29-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 53084169)
If they want to base a deal around Kreider, I'd listen but I can't see the Rangers looking to add Thornton when they have Gaborik and Richards and Nash as big money talents.

That's it? :amazed:

wtfisthis 07-29-2012 03:12 PM

This is a waste of time, its never gonna happen.

TheJuxtaposer 07-29-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 53091963)
That's it? :amazed:

Not for me.

WantonAbandon 07-29-2012 03:15 PM

There is absolutely nothing the Rangers could offer that would make the Sharks better in the short term. The Sharks aren't looking for a rebuild and the whole they were best buds thing is getting old really fast

I think the idea of Thornton still being a franchise player bugs the **** out Dupont. He probably wants to see the Sharks give up on him. Or the idea of Thornton demanding a trade would make him gleeful

WantonAbandon 07-29-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 53091963)
That's it? :amazed:

No...

Kershaw 07-29-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantonAbandon (Post 53092231)
There is absolutely nothing the Rangers could offer that would make the Sharks better in the short term. The Sharks aren't looking for a rebuild and the whole they were best buds thing is getting old really fast

I think the idea of Thornton still being a franchise player bugs the **** out Dupont. He probably wants to see the Sharks give up on him

Yeah, and Thornton-Nash weren't on the same line in the Olympics.

Pinkfloyd 07-29-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 53091963)
That's it? :amazed:

It would require more but that's the start I would go with.

zombiekopitor 07-29-2012 04:15 PM

Would only do a captain for captain trade.
Calahan and Stepan for Jumbo and Demers
Still would rather keep our Captain

TheJuxtaposer 07-29-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88eight (Post 53093861)
Would only do a captain for captain trade.
Calahan and Stepan for Jumbo and Demers
Still would rather keep our Captain

Yeah no way I do that.

Pinkfloyd 07-29-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88eight (Post 53093861)
Would only do a captain for captain trade.
Calahan and Stepan for Jumbo and Demers
Still would rather keep our Captain

Why would that be the premise for a deal? If the Sharks were to get a package like Kreider, Hagelin, and Del Zotto for Thornton, that'd be a good start.

Fistfullofbeer 07-29-2012 04:23 PM

That trade would not even make sense. Both are contending teams. Why would we give up our top point scorer? Not for prospects or picks anyway.

And what we would want from the Rangers, they would not want to give us.

zombiekopitor 07-29-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 53093961)
Why would that be the premise for a deal? If the Sharks were to get a package like Kreider, Hagelin, and Del Zotto for Thornton, that'd be a good start.

Would never happen, way too much for Jumbo.
Stepan and Calahan are both more proven for one thing, and we'd need to take some salary and should get a center back as well.
I think adding Del Zotto to my proposal would make it more even(with SJ adding a mid pick), they need a RH PMD and we need a LH, but still Ranger's fans are gonna come in and say my OP is too much.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.