HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Is there any way to add length to a stick? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1238789)

Islanderfan17 07-29-2012 06:40 PM

Is there any way to add length to a stick?

I just recently got a CCM U+ ultra light and I'm loving it, but I overshot the amount I had to trim down the stick based on my last stick (which was a tad bit too high) and I feel like it has completely messed up my shot. My stick handling has been great with the stick but what is the point if I've lost my shot? Anyways, I feel the extra trimming off has thrown off my shot because I have to hunch into it more and it just doesn't feel as natural compared to my last stick.

Is there any way you could add length onto the stick after it's been trimmed? or am I completely ****ed? Thanks for any feedback.

Wilch 07-29-2012 06:49 PM

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ar-hocke...-butt-end.html

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...-end-plug.html

As far as I know, this is the only option.

thedonger 07-29-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 (Post 53095889)
I just recently got a CCM U+ ultra light and I'm loving it, but I overshot the amount I had to trim down the stick based on my last stick (which was a tad bit too high) and I feel like it has completely messed up my shot. My stick handling has been great with the stick but what is the point if I've lost my shot? Anyways, I feel the extra trimming off has thrown off my shot because I have to hunch into it more and it just doesn't feel as natural compared to my last stick.

Is there any way you could add length onto the stuck after it's been trimmed? or am I completely ****ed? Thanks for any feedback.

a wood extension is likely your best bet. bauer makes composite extensions for their vapor and supreme lines, but they cost a lot more and won't match the shaft profile of the ccm. at least with wood, you can sand them down to match your current shaft profile.

AIREAYE 07-29-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedonger (Post 53096153)
a wood extension is likely your best bet. bauer makes composite extensions for their vapor and supreme lines, but they cost a lot more and won't match the shaft profile of the ccm. at least with wood, you can sand them down to match your current shaft profile.

Yes they can. Use a Supreme end plug for boxier shafts and Vapor ones for rounder, more concave ones.

Canadiens1958 07-29-2012 06:58 PM

Pro Shop

Talk to the local pro shop(s) that specialize in service as opposed to sales. One will find the best and most economical solution for your situation.

Islanderfan17 07-29-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedonger (Post 53096153)

That is what I'm thinking as well, luckily my dad is a cabinet maker so sanding it down to fit shouldn't be much of a problem.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to do anything to make sure this stick doesn't turn out to be a waste because it is reallyyy nice.

AIREAYE 07-29-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 (Post 53096271)
Talk to the local pro shop(s) that specialize in service as opposed to sales. One will find the best and most economical solution for your situation.

?

There are only 2 conventional solutions (if you don't include things like Oggie grip and angled extensions) with a big difference in price. It's not in the best interest of a business to give you something you don't need...

A shop 'specializing' in sales should give you the same options.

Canadiens1958 07-29-2012 09:19 PM

I See.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 53096337)
?

There are only 2 conventional solutions (if you don't include things like Oggie grip and angled extensions) with a big difference in price. It's not in the best interest of a business to give you something you don't need...

A shop 'specializing' in sales should give you the same options.

Fairly brand new stick. Some of the pro shops, especially those owned and run by an association, will do a trade-in or arrange a swap with another player.

NORY 07-29-2012 10:45 PM

If you havent owned it for 30 days break it and send it back. all sticks, to my knowledge, have 30 day warranties. only problem is it may take a week or so for them to send it out to you.

mhkehoe 07-29-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORY (Post 53101817)
If you havent owned it for 30 days break it and send it back. all sticks, to my knowledge, have 30 day warranties. only problem is it may take a week or so for them to send it out to you.

Terrible idea. Assuming they honor the warranty, they are not required to give you the same stick, flex, or curve.

NORY 07-29-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhkehoe (Post 53102455)
Terrible idea. Assuming they honor the warranty, they are not required to give you the same stick, flex, or curve.

never heard that before, ive always been told you get equivalent or better. but anyway it was just a suggestion, because all the end plugs change the weight and flex as well. plus im assumimg if he is going to put a plug in only to keep an 1/2" to 1" of it seems a little odd, and i would perfer to have a new stick if possible.

AIREAYE 07-29-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORY (Post 53101817)

Break it? That's fraud and you're encouraging him to scam the company.

The warranty is for manufacturer's defects only and they can tell if you smacked the thing against the crossbar.

Classless.

Jarick 07-30-2012 01:19 AM

Reddawg 07-30-2012 04:48 AM

Between adding stick length and butt-end plugs I don't even know where to start making obvious jokes.

howeaboutthat 07-30-2012 08:45 AM

The 'break it and send it back' idea has to be the most laughable and outright ridiculous idea I've seen posted on this board.

As has been stated, a thirty day manufacturing warranty doesn't cover 'cut too short so snap it and send it back'. Having once worked in a cycle shop where a similar level of 'scamming' was often tried by folk who claim their bike failed when they were "just riding along" I can assure you, manufacturers of sporting equipment are well versed at spotting the difference between a failure on their part and someone trying it on.

AIREAYE 07-30-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howeaboutthat (Post 53108633)
The 'break it and send it back' idea has to be the most laughable and outright ridiculous idea I've seen posted on this board.

As has been stated, a thirty day manufacturing warranty doesn't cover 'cut too short so snap it and send it back'. Having once worked in a cycle shop where a similar level of 'scamming' was often tried by folk who claim their bike failed when they were "just riding along" I can assure you, manufacturers of sporting equipment are well versed at spotting the difference between a failure on their part and someone trying it on.

Exactly, it's like eating half of your dish at a restaurant and wanting to send it back for another one because the portion was 'too small'.

Islanderfan17 08-02-2012 12:39 PM

I would never consider sending it back, instead just bought the wooden plugs (2 of them) and plan on doing it that way. Thanks for the help everyone.

Islanderfan17 08-03-2012 06:39 PM

The wooden butt ends came in today, and it happened to fit right into my CCM U+ Light without any sanding or anything necessary! Then I just blow dried it for about 10 minutes and let it sit, totally stuck in there now :yo: Just got to trim it and I'll be golden, thanks everyone once again for the help/suggestions.