HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Linus Omark in a one-for-one deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1239189)

belair 07-30-2012 04:15 PM

Linus Omark in a one-for-one deal
 
Basically a 'Dog Days of Summer' thread.

I'm going to point out that this isn't an "Omark sucks" or "Oilers garbage" thread. It is very apparent from all perspectives that he isn't good enough to supplant any of Edmonton's top six wingers and that he isn't defensively sound enough to make any sense on their bottom six.

The question is whether there are players on other teams in this league who possess obvious skill, but have become dispensable either due to their club's depth or have been chastised by their coaching staff or fan-base due to being unable to put it altogether.

I'd imagine Omark is going to want the opportunity to make an NHL squad this fall and if he is unable to do so, he is no longer waiver exempt. Candidates for a potential return would likely be in the same position.

Fire away.

Harvey Specter 07-30-2012 04:19 PM

1-for-1, he'd return one of the worst players in the NHL. end of really.

Vikke 07-30-2012 04:24 PM

Jody Shelley + 3rd.

Mahleezer 07-30-2012 04:24 PM

Linus Omark for Aaron Palushaj or Alexander Avtsin or someone along those lines.

Nacho 07-30-2012 04:27 PM

the only one thinking omark isnt good enough for the top 6, is tom renney, and he got fired...;)

TorstenFrings 07-30-2012 04:27 PM

Rostislav Olesz

FanHabtic 07-30-2012 04:28 PM

Gomez straight up!

Hugh Madbrough 07-30-2012 04:29 PM

Craig Adams

Joey Moss 07-30-2012 04:29 PM

If it's one for one, we'd want a mid round pick.

KingCanadain1976 07-30-2012 04:30 PM

davis drewiskie

dan1el 07-30-2012 04:30 PM

Ottawa will give you a 4th round pick. If you want a player, I'll offer Eric Condra.

zeus3007* 07-30-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho (Post 53123527)
the only one thinking omark isnt good enough for the top 6, is tom renney, and he got fired...;)

I think you're the only one thinking he's good enough for the top six Nacho, ha ha. Where would Omark fit in the top six? He would never be ahead of:

RNH
Gagner
Hall
Eberle
Yakupov
Hemsky
Smyth

And he hasn't shown that he can play bottom six. I think he is done in North America, let him go light it up in the KHL. He's better suited to that game.

NTP 3 07-30-2012 04:33 PM

Brian strait

Halpysback 07-30-2012 04:36 PM

Jeff Schultz.

A Schultz on every pairing. You know you want to.

Perro 07-30-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 53123643)
davis drewiskie

I'm not a big Drewiskie fan but I think this maybe fiar value, but I think I would rather have drewiskie though.

Winroba 07-30-2012 04:40 PM

Guillame Desbiens

eskies4life 07-30-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 53123695)
I think you're the only one thinking he's good enough for the top six Nacho, ha ha. Where would Omark fit in the top six? He would never be ahead of:

RNH
Gagner
Hall
Eberle
Yakupov
Hemsky
Smyth

And he hasn't shown that he can play bottom six. I think he is done in North America, let him go light it up in the KHL. He's better suited to that game.

He should be ahead of
Smyth.. In fact Smyth should not of been resigned..

KingCanadain1976 07-30-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 53123953)
I'm not a big Drewiskie fan but I think this maybe fiar value, but I think I would rather have drewiskie though.

The way i look at it is hickey or muzzin can move up to nhl Omark goes to manchester to learn defence competes next year with pearson king and clifford for 2 and 3rd lw spots Hes got talent for the shootouts that can help in years to come if he can learn defense

sg58 07-30-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 53124199)
The way i look at it is hickey or muzzin can move up to nhl Omark goes to manchester to learn defence competes next year with pearson king and clifford for 2 and 3rd lw spots Hes got talent for the shootouts that can help in years to come if he can learn defense

He won't do another full year of AHL hockey, though.

Jepprey 07-30-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 53123847)
Jeff Schultz.

A Schultz on every pairing. You know you want to.

actually. i do want to. lol.

jokerboysmith 07-30-2012 05:10 PM

Trent Whitfield

KingCanadain1976 07-30-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steffeG (Post 53124287)
He won't do another full year of AHL hockey, though.

ok the you say to him he will be the frist call up when a forward gets hurt if your defense has improved enuff to play in the nhl. With penner gagne and williams playing for the kings its only a matter of time till one get hurt.

dave babych returns 07-30-2012 05:14 PM

Rob Schremp.

Turrican* 07-30-2012 05:14 PM

I would do it for Schultz.
We would have the monopoly.

Turrican* 07-30-2012 05:16 PM

Wait... We need Ian from the Habs too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.