HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Detroit makes an offer for Jay. Bo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1239199)

flamer4life 07-30-2012 04:25 PM

Detroit makes an offer for Jay. Bo

Here's the link.

http://nhlfanchat.com/articles/red-w...bouwmeester--2

what are your thoughts.

Seems like a great offers from the Flames standpoint.

InfinityIggy 07-30-2012 04:27 PM

Already posted in the other J-Bow thread. no need to have a bunch of threads floating around.

flamer4life 07-30-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 53123523)
Already posted in the other J-Bow thread. no need to have a bunch of threads floating around.

my apologies for this

InfinityIggy 07-30-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamer4life (Post 53123751)
my apologies for this

No apology needed, just trying to help keep the form clean. :)

nogger 07-30-2012 04:39 PM

Filpulla would be great to have, but really have no need for Ericcson

And i'm pretty sure I messed both their names up.

I Hate Chris Butler 07-30-2012 04:42 PM

I think this offer is as good as it's going to get for Bouwmeester. Ericsson would be a decent stop gap; he's definitely a downgrade but he's not horrid, albeit overpaid.

I would be hesitant about Flip leaving when his contract expired though. He's definitely going to get a raise, and Detroit isn't keen on giving it to him since they're rumoured to be offering him to Phoenix for Yandle.

TherapyforGlencross 07-30-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nogger (Post 53123947)
Filpulla would be great to have, but really have no need for Ericcson

And i'm pretty sure I messed both their names up.

Well, we would need a defender who wouldn't fill in Jay's spot per se, but just to fill in a spot as one would be gone.

The Gnome 07-30-2012 05:08 PM

I would be all over this move if I was Feaster, as long as Filppula is looking to re-up. I love Filppula's game. This guy would be a huge center upgrade, and we get a decent rugged dman back as well!

This is a great trade if it happens.

tfong 07-30-2012 05:08 PM

Works for me.

This is pretty close value to what I previously suggested too I think.

The Gnome 07-30-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfong (Post 53125009)
Works for me.

This is pretty close value to what I previously suggested too I think.

I think this move really makes the flames better if it happens. Jaybo will probably be huge in Detroit

I Hate Chris Butler 07-30-2012 05:12 PM

Maybe I don't watch Ericsson enough, but I always thought of him as a taller Pardy with a bigger shot. Anyone agree/disagree?

tfong 07-30-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster (Post 53125115)
Maybe I don't watch Ericsson enough, but I always thought of him as a taller Pardy with a bigger shot. Anyone agree/disagree?

More mobile overall and still some offense in him but he never really gets prime pp time. where pardy is a 5/6 dman, JE is a 3/4. Still prone to mistakes here and there though.

ZetterBurger 07-30-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfong (Post 53125307)
More mobile overall and still some offense in him but he never really gets prime pp time. where pardy is a 5/6 dman, JE is a 3/4. Still prone to mistakes here and there though.

Fair assessment. I projected Ericsson to be a good/servicable #4 or a great #5. He can provide offense and will jump in the rush. His main weakness is pinching. Sometimes he pinches at bad times but he showed how he has the potential to be a great shutdown guy in this league. Good contract for what he can become.

I like this trade as a Wings fan.

Sean Monahan 07-30-2012 05:33 PM

didnt know Filps is pushing 27

doesnt fit under the Sutter gap, pass :sarcasm:

I Hate Chris Butler 07-30-2012 05:36 PM

27 is entering the prime of his career. He could hit 75~ points with elevated ice time and getting 1 or 2 of Iggy/Squid/Tangs.

tyflames 07-30-2012 05:40 PM

Please oh please do this deal, if true that is. I would jump for joy with this, not only do we get out from under Jay Bo's contract, we get a good looking young Centerman. Our defence would take a big hit though. But it still wouldn't look all bad.
Gio-Butler
Wideman-Ericsson
Sarich-Brodie
Babchuk
It isn't great and would need improvement, but if this rumor is true I'd take it

I Hate Chris Butler 07-30-2012 05:44 PM

The defense would need to be addressed immediately. With Bouw gone, the Flames have no one who could eat those minutes. I don't know if Gio could handle 25+ a game.

tyflames 07-30-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster (Post 53126055)
The defense would need to be addressed immediately. With Bouw gone, the Flames have no one who could eat those minutes. I don't know if Gio could handle 25+ a game.

Who needs defense when you got kipper, as long as the team puts the goals up, he'll do the rest :sarcasm:

InfinityIggy 07-30-2012 05:52 PM

Gio-Wideman
Butler-Ericsson
Brodie-Sarich

Not amazing...not terrible either.

MVW 07-30-2012 05:54 PM

The value of this ok, but I'd be really confused by it.

Tangs Cammy Iggy
Cervenka Filppula Hudler
Baertschi Backlund Glencross
Stempniak Stajan Comeau

I guess that leaves Jones and Jackman on the outside looking in (who just recently signed), and I don't view Stempniak or Stajan as good 4th line players.

Maybe the Wings would take Stajan and make the draft pick a 3rd?

Anyone know how reliable the source is? I have never heard of him.

InfinityIggy 07-30-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 53126361)
The value of this ok, but I'd be really confused by it.

Tangs Cammy Iggy
Cervenka Filppula Hudler
Stempniak Stajan Comeau

I guess that leaves Jones and Jackman on the outside looking in (who just recently signed), and I don't view Stempniak or Stajan as good 4th line players.

Maybe the Wings would take Stajan and make the draft pick a 3rd?

Anyone know how reliable the source is? I have never heard of him.

If this happens, no doubt that Filppula is the 1st line center.

Cammy Filppula Iggy
Tangs Cervenka Hudler
Stempniak Stajan Comeau

Is more likely I think.

tyflames 07-30-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 53126415)
If this happens, no doubt that Filppula is the 1st line center.

Cammy Filppula Iggy
Tangs Cervenka Hudler
Stempniak Stajan Comeau

Is more likely I think.

I like the look of that lineup, save maybe Stajan, almost as if there is no room for him if the trade happens. It's to bad he would hold no value to any other team, other that if we were to take a defenceman with an equally not so good contract.

InfinityIggy 07-30-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyflames (Post 53126445)
I like the look of that lineup, save maybe Stajan, almost as if there is no room for him if the trade happens. It's to bad he would hold no value to any other team, other that if we were to take a defenceman with an equally not so good contract.

Might be worth it considering we will be hurting on D if Bouwmeester leaves.

tyflames 07-30-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 53126513)
Might be worth it considering we will be hurting on D if Bouwmeester leaves.

You think if we traded something like Stajan (possibly add more) for Kaberle?
Both not great contracts but we could use the help on D

Trae 07-30-2012 06:04 PM

If this deal were to happen, Feaster would be keen on sending contracts back since we're so close to the max.

On another note, how reliable is this source? I've never heard of Randy Workman before...