HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   suspenders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1239959)

fish7 07-31-2012 11:02 PM

suspenders

I could never get used to the belt, it always felt like my pants were falling down. I had to modify my last ice pants and my inline shells to hook suspenders to them and now i never have to worry about them falling. I tell my team mates that it makes me 7% faster

Wildturkey12 07-31-2012 11:51 PM

I like suspenders but I have never been able to find a pair that doesnt start slipping on me after a couple of games. Not only do they keep your pants up but they keep your jersey from tucking into the back of your pants.

WhoozYerrDaddy 08-01-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 (Post 53172447)
I like suspenders but I have never been able to find a pair that doesnt start slipping on me after a couple of games. Not only do they keep your pants up but they keep your jersey from tucking into the back of your pants.

Put your suspenders on like an 'x'.

Right side strap over your head onto your left shoulder, then the left side strap over your head onto your right shoulder.

Your head keeps the suspenders from sliding down. Just dont put them on too tight, otherwise you'll get a chafed neck

bozak911 08-01-2012 11:57 AM

the first set of suspenders i picked up had a metal adjustment buckle. the second set, plastic and a heckuvalot wider.

metal buckle cut through the under armor and into my skin. plastic buckle, no complaints.

i have long legs, smaller waist. the length of the pants i need are larges, the waist size I would need to forgo suspenders are mediums, which don't cover a good 4" of thigh above the knee.

I tried looping the suspenders around my head in an X after watching an overweight player do the same, but it felt like i was being strangled, no matter how loose i got them.

Wildturkey12 08-01-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoozYerrDaddy (Post 53178353)
Put your suspenders on like an 'x'.

Right side strap over your head onto your left shoulder, then the left side strap over your head onto your right shoulder.

Your head keeps the suspenders from sliding down. Just dont put them on too tight, otherwise you'll get a chafed neck

I did this a few months ago and I felt like I was being choked out. I had to take them off on the bench and toss them.

fish7 08-01-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozak911 (Post 53182133)
the first set of suspenders i picked up had a metal adjustment buckle. the second set, plastic and a heckuvalot wider.

metal buckle cut through the under armor and into my skin. plastic buckle, no complaints.

i have long legs, smaller waist. the length of the pants i need are larges, the waist size I would need to forgo suspenders are mediums, which don't cover a good 4" of thigh above the knee.

I tried looping the suspenders around my head in an X after watching an overweight player do the same, but it felt like i was being strangled, no matter how loose i got them.

In the 80s they made a strap you could attach across the front of your suspenders. There is a pic of Gretzky holding the cup without his jersey on where you can really see it.

theFinn 08-02-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish7 (Post 53171375)
I could never get used to the belt, it always felt like my pants were falling down. I had to modify my last ice pants and my inline shells to hook suspenders to them and now i never have to worry about them falling. I tell my team mates that it makes me 7% faster

Do you play without shoulder pads? That's the only time I've had mine slip. If you put them on over your shoulder pads they both hold down your shoulders and don't slip off.

fish7 08-02-2012 10:50 AM

i just play inline now so i do not wear shoulder pads but when i did wear them i always put my suspenders under

Rink Bum 08-02-2012 01:40 PM

When I first started playing as an adult, never got properly fitted with equipment. My pants were too big so they slip a bit and always had to pull them up during games.

One time trying a slow backward skate I ended up landing on my tail bone. Of course the pants were not on properly and the tail bone protector wasn't there to protect me. God the pain.

Finally got better fitting pants and also suspenders to make sure it never happens again. I've fallen twice around the tail bone area but have not been hurt. Suspenders work great for me.