HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Other: BOS/EDM... Lucic for Eberle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1240019)

tsnTpoint 08-01-2012 06:15 AM

BOS/EDM... Lucic for Eberle

Who wins this trade, who adds to this trade, and who makes this trade?

IMO it is close with Boston still needing to add a piece.

Vankiller Whale 08-01-2012 06:16 AM

None of the 4 will be traded any time soon.

Fair value would be Lucic, 1st, Knight, imo.

GoBs 08-01-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 53175273)

Eberle + is more like it. Lucic does it all on a team that actually plays defense.

Bruins are a worse team with a top line of eberle-Krecji-Horton over Lucic-Krecji-Horton. Oilers improve and add some toughness and size with a minimal dropping in points.

StuckOutHere 08-01-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 53175273)

While I agree that BOS adds, that is a little steep. Lucic, Caron, 2nd seems more suitable. Adds a truckload of size, skill, and toughness to EDM's line up.

Lucic RNH Yakupov
Hall Gagner Hemsky
MPS Horcoff Caron
Smyth Belanger Jones
Hordichuk/Eager

Pretty damn good.

Vankiller Whale 08-01-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuckOutHere (Post 53175327)
While I agree that BOS adds, that is a little steep. Lucic, Caron, 2nd seems more suitable. Adds a truckload of size, skill, and toughness to EDM's line up.

Lucic RNH Yakupov
Hall Gagner Hemsky
MPS Horcoff Caron
Smyth Belanger Jones
Hordichuk/Eager

Pretty damn good.

I'm factoring in youth and the overpayment neccessary.

And Hall would be 2nd line centre over Gagner.

StuckOutHere 08-01-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 53175337)

Lucic is still an RFA and Caron still has plenty years of control. So while yeah, Eberle is younger, you aren't trading for rentals by any means.

I know some Oilers fans want Hall to convert eventually. Has this already happened in stretches?

GerbeSonOfGloin 08-01-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBs (Post 53175307)
Eberle + is more like it. Lucic does it all on a team that actually plays defense.

Ha. Then Edmonton will selflessly sacrifice themselves for the sake of the Bruins by not poaching the obviously superior player in Lucic with lowly Eberle. :shakehead

Eberle, Hall, or RNH are not going to Boston without Seguin or Hamilton coming back. No Krejci, Lucic, etc.

almostawake 08-01-2012 07:01 AM

Can that response and feel free to bust it out when a Bruins fan actually asks for one of those players.

Darnell Nurse 08-01-2012 07:02 AM

This city will simply not accept Eberle being moved unless we get the you no whos

VeddarRants 08-01-2012 07:10 AM

No from Boston's point of view. Lucic is too important to the Bruins and brings the level of toughness the team and city loves as well as being a 1st line winger. Best power forward in the league and only 24 years old...voted by his peers as the toughest player in the NHL and second toughest forward to play against behind only Datsyuk and ahead of skilled forwards like Oveckkin, Malkin, etc etc.

StuckOutHere 08-01-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeddarRants (Post 53175687)
No from Boston's point of view. Lucic is too important to the Bruins and brings the level of toughness the team and city loves as well as being a 1st line winger. Best power forward in the league and only 24 years old.

Whoa whoa whoa. David Backes, Dustin Brown, and Ryan Getzlaf have something to say about that.

VeddarRants 08-01-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuckOutHere (Post 53175707)
Whoa whoa whoa. David Backes, Dustin Brown, and Ryan Getzlaf have something to say about that.

They did have something to say about it and most likely voted him as the toughest player in the league.

Kaoz 08-01-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 53175337)

Lucic is 24, Eberle is 22.

Where are the amendments for experience, and not being a bad ass mother ****er?

As a Bruin fan I wouldn't do this deal straight up. Not even close to enticing.

StuckOutHere 08-01-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeddarRants (Post 53175759)
They did have something to say about it and most likely voted him as the toughest player in the league.

Being the toughest player in the league does not equate to being the best power forward. Didn't say he wasn't in the conversation, but using this to justify it isn't very convincing in my opinion.

thadd 08-01-2012 07:25 AM

This is the kind of deal you say yes and no to at the same time.

Eberle is a hockey god.

Killer B 08-01-2012 07:26 AM

Not sure how some can claim Eberle is the superior player as this is an apples - oranges trade...

Looking at the last 2 years (with Lucic and Eberle each playing on top lines with Ebs getting
better PP time)....

Lucic 2010/2011 - 30G 32A 62pts in 16.35 atoi
Eberle 2010/2011 - 18G 25A 43pts in 17.41 atoi

Lucic 2011/2012 - 26G 35A 61pts in 17.02 atoi
Eberle 2011/2012 - 34G 42A 76pts in 17.36 atoi

Lets look at intangibles...

Lucic - 1 of the top power forwards in the game. Does it all above average (score, fight, hit,
intimidate). He was voted as "Toughest Player in NHL" in a 2012 NHL player poll. Every team
would kill to have a "Lucic" type player.

Eberle - 1 of the brightest young stars in the game. Excellent in every situation (5v5, PK & PP).
Has an uncanny knack for scoring big goals. Every team would kill to have an "Eberle" type player.

Stats wise, pretty even. I don't think anyone would argue that Ebs is the superior points man
(goals and assists) or that Looch is the superior physical presence. Two very good but very
different players.

VeddarRants 08-01-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuckOutHere (Post 53175821)
Being the toughest player in the league does not equate to being the best power forward. Didn't say he wasn't in the conversation, but using this to justify it isn't very convincing in my opinion.

Toughness is a big part in being a power forward.

I don't have to convince you of anything. Lucic is the best power forward in the league, hands down regardless if you believe it or not. Nobody combines his level of toughness with skill and production to go along with the respect he gets from his peers. The next closest to the brand of old school power forward play would be Ryane Clowe.

Oates2Neely 08-01-2012 07:39 AM

Wow. No from (both) teams.

Eberle & Lucic mean too much to their respective teams, fans, merchandising, etc. This proposal is s-i-l-l-y.

The Saurus 08-01-2012 07:50 AM

Eberle is the better player. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that he's the much better player and holds much more value than Lucic.

Edmonton doesn't do this deal straight up.

Jack Donaghy 08-01-2012 07:57 AM

If they were traded, wouldn't Boston fans buy Eberle jerseys and Edmonton fans buy Lucic jerseys? Hell it might help from a fan/merchandising standpoint cause they would all buy new ones.

As far as the age difference, how can 2 years matter in this case?

redsox7327 08-01-2012 07:58 AM

Oh dear, I hope I didn't start the seed for multiple threads dealing Edmonton's top players. I made the original thread obviously not because I thought it would actually happen, but because I've always been intrigued when Eberle's name has been brought up in Trade Krejci threads so I wanted to get some Edmonton big 4 dialogue going.

I apologize in advance to Edmonton fans if I have caused them to now have to deal with any of this. lol.

Johnny Bravo 08-01-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBs (Post 53175307)

:shakehead Eberle was on our PK, rookie season. In no way does Lucic equal Eberle+ nice try though.

I'm gonna pull a Visqui here and say that..... The price for Eberle is Seguin.

Eennad142 08-01-2012 08:11 AM

Eberle certainly one of the great players of all time, and a hockey god. You say he's had one good year? Didn't know that.

Frankie Spankie 08-01-2012 08:17 AM

I would personally do it but mainly because Lucic has looked incredibly lazy to me over the past 2 seasons. Numbers aside, he's changed his game and isn't nearly as mean as he used to be. I'd rather he score 10 goals and 20-30 points fewer a season and keep dominating a game physically but apparently I'm one of the very few who wants to see that. The best I've still seen from him was the 2009 playoffs, if I see that Lucic again, I wouldn't do this deal.

VeddarRants 08-01-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 53176307)
:shakehead Eberle was on our PK, rookie season. In no way does Lucic equal Eberle+ nice try though.

I'm gonna pull a Visqui here and say that..... The price for Eberle is Seguin.

Yeah, I'm sure those 40 seconds he averaged on the PK his rookie season and 10 seconds he averaged last season were monumental. On a contending team, Eberle's ass sits on the bench for the PK.