HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Canada Russia challenge who will be watching (Hudon representing Canada) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1240137)

29dryden29 08-01-2012 11:43 AM

Canada Russia challenge who will be watching (Hudon representing Canada)
 
Aug 9th 11AM EST is game one of this searies who else will be watching? This series holds more importance to me than the Olys and apparently to TSN also as they are broadcasting the hockey games over Olympic coverage.

CrAzYNiNe 08-01-2012 11:56 AM

8 game series, 4 here, 4 there?

29dryden29 08-01-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe (Post 53182101)
8 game series, 4 here, 4 there?

Yes it is I will be watching Boone Jenner he is the nephew of some close family friends.

29dryden29 08-01-2012 12:33 PM

Sorry it is 4 games 2 there 2 here.

shamrun 08-01-2012 12:36 PM

I was curious about the lines thought id leave some links:


Canada: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php.../ss_id/190000/


Russia: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php.../ss_id/190000/

JHabs61 08-01-2012 12:49 PM

I will be! I believe Charles Hudon is playing as well.

Mrb1p 08-01-2012 01:17 PM

I wish we would've picked up Slepyshev... Will be nice to see Hudon...

Russia seem's pretty shallow ?

Jerky 08-01-2012 02:58 PM

Canada's defense is stacked!!!

Dougie Hamilton - Ryan Murray
Ryan Murphy - Griffin Reinhart
Morgan Reilly - Matthew Dumba
Cody Ceci

stubbadub 08-01-2012 08:26 PM

Got tickets. 4th row section 24. Watching us shoot twice a game. Too pricey though for the Metro Centre. I actually have two spares for the second day if anyone wants to be that close.

29dryden29 08-01-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubbadub (Post 53203391)
Got tickets. 4th row section 24. Watching us shoot twice a game. Too pricey though for the Metro Centre. I actually have two spares for the second day if anyone wants to be that close.

Wish I lived closer would love to see GR and Boone live.

Crimson Skorpion 08-01-2012 09:34 PM

I hope Slepyshev destroys in that tournament, just to give the big FU to every NHL organization for not picking him.

CapeBretonHab 08-01-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubbadub (Post 53203391)
Got tickets. 4th row section 24. Watching us shoot twice a game. Too pricey though for the Metro Centre. I actually have two spares for the second day if anyone wants to be that close.

How much for the tickets?

le_sean 08-01-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 53205371)
I hope Slepyshev destroys in that tournament, just to give the big FU to every NHL organization for not picking him.

...and goes on to stay in the KHL...

He wasn't passed over because of talent.

Mrb1p 08-01-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 53206101)
...and goes on to stay in the KHL...

He wasn't passed over because of talent.

Slepyshev has top-end talent. Sure he has big risk.. But the kid could turn out to be a 1st liner in the NHL with hardwork ethic and more strenght... Taking a flyer on that is not a waste.

Crimson Skorpion 08-01-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 53206101)
...and goes on to stay in the KHL...

He wasn't passed over because of talent.

I realize that, but 7th round picks are usually reserved as "flyer picks." It was a shame that he wasn't given a chance. Imagine there was a glimmer of possibility that he would be open to join the NHL and then he tears the league up.

We would hear, non-stop, about how X team had the steal of the draft.

Toro 08-02-2012 03:58 AM

a lot of 2013 draft eligable players on that russian squad.

Shouldn't be too hard for Canada to romp them.:)

Mr Writer 08-02-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro (Post 53211309)
a lot of 2013 draft eligable players on that russian squad.

Shouldn't be too hard for Canada to romp them.:)

That statement makes absolutely no sense what so ever. The Russian team is comprised mostly of all 1993 born players with only a few 1994 born players and 1 1995. Just because you see draft eligible next to their names means absolutely nothing. Canada is on average a younger team bringing 9 players born in 1994. Russia is missing a few good players due to injury, but other than that they have a full squad ready and determined not to repeat the disaster that was 2007. And don't forget the reason for this tournament is in part the 40th anniversary of 72 and is in Yaroslavl were the tragic accident occurred last year to Lokomotiv, so if you think they won't be highly motivated, you'd better think again.

Toro 08-02-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Writer (Post 53211361)
That statement makes absolutely no sense what so ever. The Russian team is comprised mostly of all 1993 born players with only a few 1994 born players and 1 1995. Just because you see draft eligible next to their names means absolutely nothing. Canada is on average a younger team bringing 9 players born in 1994. Russia is missing a few good players due to injury, but other than that they have a full squad ready and determined not to repeat the disaster that was 2007. And don't forget the reason for this tournament is in part the 40th anniversary of 72 and is in Yaroslavl were the tragic accident occurred last year to Lokomotiv, so if you think they won't be highly motivated, you'd better think again.

oh really... no sense at all eh?


birthday means less than years of development.

the canada team is further along in development period.

So get off your high horse fella, geez.

Mr Writer 08-02-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro (Post 53211427)
oh really... no sense at all eh?


birthday means less than years of development.

the canada team is further along in development period.

So get off your high horse fella, geez.

Who says they have less years of development? They are 1993 born players and if you see draft eligible 2013 next to their names, it means simply they were not drafted as 18 year olds. You made your statement that wow what a young team, not even draft eligible yet. That was your point, I was just pointing out the fact, that no... in fact Canada is a younger team on average.

WeThreeKings 08-02-2012 06:51 AM

I'll be there both nights.

PunkinDrublic* 08-02-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 53205371)
I hope Slepyshev destroys in that tournament, just to give the big FU to every NHL organization for not picking him.

Can you seriously blame teams in the NHL for not picking players that will probably never come over to play in NA ? I think a few teams have learned their lesson.

Fozz 08-02-2012 09:52 AM

I'll definitely PVR the games.

stubbadub 08-02-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapeBretonHab (Post 53205957)
How much for the tickets?

Pm'd!

Alexdaman 08-05-2012 01:06 AM

Well... Kevin Roy will be there. Who would of thought Patrick's legacy would actually be reality.

Playoff Beard 08-05-2012 08:45 AM

they are not related if I remember correctly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.