HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   TSN: Habs offer Subban two-year deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1240197)

WJG 08-01-2012 01:39 PM

Habs offer Subban two-year deal
 
Quote:

The Montreal Canadiens and restricted free agent defenceman P.K. Subban are still in negotiations over a new contract, as RDS reports that the team has offered him a two-year deal worth about $5.5 million.

RDS adds that both sides are still far apart as Subban's camp is looking for a longer term.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402069

Gold Pads* 08-01-2012 01:40 PM

wow only 2.75 per year

fail

Eskimo44 08-01-2012 01:41 PM

Lowball offer. I wonder if he gets traded...

33 08-01-2012 01:42 PM

No way he signs for that little.

Kloparren 08-01-2012 01:43 PM

Even an RFA dman needs to get a bigger cap hit than 2.75 M if he's a no1 lol.

Confound 08-01-2012 01:44 PM

Way way way under-payment.

I would be pissed/embarrassed if I was Subban, he is the Habs best/most consistent d-man and has a bright future, what a low-ball offer.

hlaverty06 08-01-2012 01:44 PM

This is hilar

Jack Bourdain 08-01-2012 01:44 PM

Negotiations stalling, now into August? Doesn't sound too good.

habs03 08-01-2012 01:45 PM

They meet this week for the first time, so I'm guess its the first offer, it settles at 2 years for 3.5M is my guess.

One thing you can bet on tho, Habs will not go for more than a 2 year deal.

Habs sign all there players to 2 year deals after their ELC

Price, Patches, Desharnais, Eller, Daiz, Emelin, Weber, all got 2 year deals.

I'm guessin Subban would want a 4 year deal, to eat up all his RFA years, but Habs would be dump to do that.

Confound 08-01-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs03 (Post 53186577)
They meet this week for the first time, so I'm guess its the first offer, it settles at 2 years for 3.5M is my guess.

One thing you can bet on tho, Habs will not go for more than a 2 year deal.

Habs sign all there players to 2 year deals after their ELC

Price, Patches, Desharnais, Eller, Daiz, Emelin, Weber, all got 2 year deals.

I'm guessin Subban would want a 4 year deal, to eat up all his RFA years, but Habs would be dump to do that.

How is it so dumb to sign your future #1 d-man long term?

ChuckyToGally 08-01-2012 01:47 PM

Same offer than Price got after this ELC. Low? Yes. Lowball? Absolutely not.

Jack Bourdain 08-01-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confound (Post 53186657)
How is it so dumb to sign your future #1 d-man long term?

4 years takes him to UFA, and Subban, as much as he is a fan favorite, is going to cash in.

Vipers31 08-01-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confound (Post 53186657)
How is it so dumb to sign your future #1 d-man long term?

It's always less than ideal to sign a guy you want to keep around to a deal that sends him straight to his first possible summer of unrestricted free agency. Either make it really long-term (which PK probably has little interest in given what the Habs are probably willing to pay based on what he's been able to prove to this point), or make it a deal that takes him to restricted free agency still, leaving you with more leverage to strike a long-term deal then.

croAVSfan* 08-01-2012 01:53 PM

That offer is underestimation of Subban... grrr...

habs03 08-01-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipers31 (Post 53186799)
It's always less than ideal to sign a guy you want to keep around to a deal that sends him straight to his first possible summer of unrestricted free agency. Either make it really long-term (which PK probably has little interest in given what the Habs are probably willing to pay based on what he's been able to prove to this point), or make it a deal that takes him to restricted free agency still, leaving you with more leverage to strike a long-term deal then.

This

RangerBoy 08-01-2012 01:55 PM

Its a bridge contract. Erik Johnson got $5.2M over 2 years as a bridge contract in 2010. The $5.5M over 2 years is a good offer for Subban.

Habsawce 08-01-2012 01:55 PM

He's coming off his ELC, 2 years is right but I expect it to be about 7.5 million.

Kloparren 08-01-2012 01:56 PM

Actually I'm curious as to why PK would be pursuing a long-term deal rather than 2 yrs (obviously at a bigger cap hit). Let's say he gets a 2 yr at 3.5 then after that he can cash in and get paid like an actual no1 like Myers or Doughty or Karlsson.

NugentHopkinsfan 08-01-2012 01:56 PM

Wow what a slap in the face, I thought Montreal management was going to change for the better.

KISSland 08-01-2012 01:56 PM

Hoping for something around 5MM for 4 years. Think this gives us one year of rfa services.

PredaDORES 08-01-2012 01:57 PM

Classless offer. :sarcasm:

habs03 08-01-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 53187031)
Actually I'm curious as to why PK would be pursuing a long-term deal rather than 2 yrs (obviously at a bigger cap hit). Let's say he gets a 2 yr at 3.5 then after that he can cash in and get paid like an actual no1 like Myers or Doughty or Karlsson.

I think he wants a long term deal in the sense of a 4 year deal, not the new type of long term deals that are 8+ years.

If he gets a 4 year contract, he would be able to be a UFA at that point, and even if he plans to re-sign with the Habs at that point, they need to pretty much overpay to keep him if it gets to that point.

Sureves 08-01-2012 01:59 PM

Don't care what any of you are saying, this is an extremely low offer.

intylerwetrust 08-01-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confound (Post 53186657)
How is it so dumb to sign your future #1 d-man long term?

cus then he can go UFA in just 4 years, and sign for more, let alone with ANY team he wants

theboss 08-01-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan (Post 53187033)
Wow what a slap in the face, I thought Montreal management was going to change for the better.

wtf?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.