HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Who are the #1 centres that the Leafs could make a pitch for? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1240487)

kihei 08-01-2012 10:33 PM

Who are the #1 centres that the Leafs could make a pitch for?
 
Most of us agree that the Leafs need a #1 centre, and I believe Burke has mentioned on more than one occasion that such an upgrade is a priority. But #1 centres don't exactly grow on trees. For that matter it doesn't seem likely that many teams would want to trade their #1 centre anyway. So who are the possible candidates? Who are the #1 centres out there that the Leafs might pry away in a trade? And what would you give up to get one?

glasses91 08-01-2012 10:39 PM

im feeling the pavelski clowe proposals...
leaf fans can dream right?

smoke meat pete* 08-01-2012 10:46 PM

The greatest challenge this thread will have is the definition of a 1st line center. These always get caught on that.

Personally, I'm on the Pavelski train.

Pavelski and Niemi to Toronto

Luongo and Bozak, MacA to San Jose

Connolly and Franson to Vancouver

Leafs87 08-01-2012 10:47 PM

Ideally I would look at a team that has multiple 1c's. The problem even then they are at the advantage when dealing them, because they are arguably the most valuable members of the team.

Tyler Biggs* 08-01-2012 10:52 PM

Getzlaf
Krejci
Stastny
Gagner
Antropov
Pavelski
Marleau
Stepan

Those are some centers that could be moved. Not all of them are true #1 C in this league though.

glasses91 08-01-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke meat pete (Post 53207311)
The greatest challenge this thread will have is the definition of a 1st line center. These always get caught on that.

Personally, I'm on the Pavelski train.

Pavelski and Niemi to Toronto

Luongo and Bozak, MacA to San Jose

Connolly and Franson to Vancouver

sweet.

MeowLeafs 08-01-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs87 (Post 53207339)
Ideally I would look at a team that has multiple 1c's. The problem even then they are at the advantage when dealing them, because they are arguably the most valuable members of the team.

So Crosby or Malkin :naughty:

7even 08-01-2012 10:59 PM

I feel like Krejci is exactly the guy we need. Defensively responsible with legit playmaking skills and still capable of throwing up 70 points. Too bad he's a pipe dream.

smoke meat pete* 08-01-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7even (Post 53207631)
I feel like Krejci is exactly the guy we need. Defensively responsible with legit playmaking skills and still capable of throwing up 70 points. Too bad he's a pipe dream.

I think of Pavelski the same way. Defensively responsible with a chance to score 65-70 points.

AvroArrow 08-01-2012 11:02 PM

Paul Stastny
Joe Pavelski


realistically those are the only 2 i can see us trading for, without having to give away too much.

glasses91 08-01-2012 11:05 PM

I would never want to trade with Boston again.

Unless its' Seguin for 2 first rounds...

Leafs87 08-01-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DionPhaneuf3 (Post 53207709)
Paul Stastny
Joe Pavelski


realistically those are the only 2 i can see us trading for, without having to give away too much.

I don't think colorado has any interest in trading Stastny. Duchene had a terrible year, and he isn't really a playmaker. I think they keep him for good, but they definitely keep him till they see what Duchene will turn out to be. Because if they trade Stastny and Duchene busts, who's going to play first liner center?

MeowLeafs 08-01-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasses91 (Post 53207755)
I would never want to trade with Boston again.

Unless its' Seguin for 2 first rounds...

Those 2 first rounders end up being #1 overall picks, which then turn into Gretzky and Lemieux.

glasses91 08-01-2012 11:13 PM

he puts up great one numbers when playin at the ACC for some reason.

Sundinisagod 08-01-2012 11:24 PM

Burke got us Bozak and Connolly, Fletcher got us Sundin and Gilmour...

Has it really been impossible for Burke to land a #1 center in the time he's been here now? Considering the assets he was willing to give for Kessel?

Grant 08-01-2012 11:31 PM

At this point in time there are no #1 centers or even top 6 centers rumours to being shopped. Any trade of a center would come as a surprise. We can speculate who MAY be available, but the truth is we don't know what GMs are thinking or even the influence owners are having on GMs of whether or not they trade a player. For every center we speculate may be available, there will be fans of the team giving just as good of reasons why he isn't available. Personally my guess would one of Colorado's, Philly may have one available, same with Boston, Washington and San Jose. Although Getzlaf may become available during the season, at this point in time I don't think so. I think in order to get Selanne to come back for another season they had to convince him they were trying to compete which would mean not trading Getzlaf or Perry yet.

JeffMangum 08-01-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 (Post 53207465)
Getzlaf
Krejci
Stastny
Gagner
Antropov
Pavelski
Marleau
Stepan

Those are some centers that could be moved. Not all of them are true #1 C in this league though.

Where would you get the indication that Stepan could be moved? Boyle isn't a 2c.

p.l.f. 08-01-2012 11:39 PM

i would give loads for Getzlaf

he would be perfect

glasses91 08-01-2012 11:47 PM

gross.

Grant 08-01-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 53208399)
Where would you get the indication that Stepan could be moved? Boyle isn't a 2c.

I'm going to try and think like Minto (scary, I know) to try and answer you.

I assume Minto said it because his package for Stepan would include Bozak going to NYR. My guess is Minto would offer Bozak + Franson saying Bozak can replace Stepan and Franson would help shore up your defense (Minto was wanting to trade you Franson the other day on that thread about NYR wanting a 2nd/3rd pairing right hand D).

JeffMangum 08-01-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant (Post 53208773)
I'm going to try and think like Minto (scary, I know) to try and answer you.

I assume Minto said it because his package for Stepan would include Bozak going to NYR. My guess is Minto would offer Bozak + Franson saying Bozak can replace Stepan and Franson would help shore up your defense (Minto was wanting to trade you Franson the other day on that thread about NYR wanting a 2nd/3rd pairing right hand D).

Well, I can guarantee that Bozak won't be replacing what Stepan brings. For reference, Stepan was completely untouchable in the Nash talks.

So, Bozak and Franson is a no go, MintoMadDogsKiller18.

jmart21 08-02-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 53208841)
Well, I can guarantee that Bozak won't be replacing what Stepan brings. For reference, Stepan was completely untouchable in the Nash talks.

So, Bozak and Franson is a no go, MintoMadDogsKiller18.

Budt izz Bozaks

Durkin67 08-02-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundinisagod (Post 53208175)
Burke got us Bozak and Connolly, Fletcher got us Sundin and Gilmour...

Has it really been impossible for Burke to land a #1 center in the time he's been here now? Considering the assets he was willing to give for Kessel?

chalk and cheese...what Fletch did pre-lockout as opposed to what can be done now are two different things.

p.l.f. 08-02-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasses91 (Post 53208693)
gross.

i meant loads in terms of players/picks :p:

BigWilly 08-02-2012 12:09 AM

We can get Mackinnon or Monahan for free :sarcasm:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.