HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Swap your all time favorite FLYER for who? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1240509)

deftones1986 08-01-2012 11:07 PM

Swap your all time favorite FLYER for who?

This is in honor of my "Lifer" thread being a laughing stock!

It still sparked an idea for a NEW question.

Okay so it's a simple question, but first:

- Think of your most favorite, dear to your heart, #1, the apple of your eye, Philadelphia Flyer player of all time, EVER.

- What great all time superstar, or fan favorite, or born leader, or Hall of Fame hockey LEGEND.....would you be willing to trade your favorite FLYER for?

***BUT HERE IS THE TRICKY PART!!***

Whoever you decide out of the all-time greats that you would put in a Flyers jersey, with all the potential Cup wins, the dynasties that may emerge......well that player will come with the ultimate price on your favorite Flyer players behalf:

- You have to give up your all time favorite Flyer player COMPLETELY.
- He never existed.
- You will have no memories of this player.
- No memories of the hours you spent watching him, waiting for him to make that save, or do that move.
- Nothing.

WHO would you be willing to put in place of your favorite Flyer, if anybody at all?

Edit:

Don't turn this into a contradiction please.

Obviously you can say that if you won't have memories of your favorite Flyer, than how could you miss him if he never existed.

Let's not get all philosophical here, it's not about that.....it's about the act of giving them up BEFORE you lose the memories of him. Lol i really don't believe I'm dwelling into this, but some people just seem to think way too much into it.

Please don't forget to say who you're giving up your favorite flyer FOR, or else this just turns into a "who is your favorite Flyer" thread....which is played out.

Giroux 4 MVP 08-01-2012 11:20 PM

Desjardins for Pat Roy so we won't ever be made fun of our goalie situations ever again

Beef Invictus 08-01-2012 11:22 PM

OK, this is a tough thing to think about. I'd switch one of Recchi or Desjardins...

No, I can't do it. :laugh:

deftones1986 08-01-2012 11:26 PM

Well I can't argue with anybodies answer but are you sure Desjardins was your favorite Flyer and you'd be willing to give up all the great memories you have of him, for Roy?

deftones1986 08-01-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Invictus (Post 53208133)
OK, this is a tough thing to think about. I'd switch one of Recchi or Desjardins...

No, I can't do it. :laugh:

HAHA it's supposed to be tuff, giving up your most personally beloved Flyer for what could be great years of championship parades, bragging rights of the city, dynasties etc....But who knows if you would really feel that deep down connection with the team(s) since you won't have your favorite Flyer (you know that guy you make sure you watch every shift, and say his name hundreds of times a game, and stand up from your chair when you see him do the things that made you like him in the first place), there to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

BrindamoursNose 08-01-2012 11:30 PM

Of course. If I can't remember Rod Brind'amour, then i'd easily make the swap for Hasek or Gretzky

Beef Invictus 08-01-2012 11:37 PM

I think I'd have to swap Desjardins for Roy or prime-Hasek. I don't think I can touch anybody from the Legion of Doom or Leclair-Lindros-Recchi. Either of those goalies can make up for the loss on defense.

Roo Mad Bro 08-01-2012 11:38 PM

Probably Simon Gagne.

Replace him with Dominik Hasek.

Hello dynasty.

MRxBLACK 08-01-2012 11:39 PM

I would swap my beloved Jody Shelley for Shea Weber.

deftones1986 08-01-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRxBLACK (Post 53208499)

Nah, I just couldn't let go of Shelly for that, too many great memories of him.

Don't you remember that time he................?

Or what about when he went and was like......................?

And I KNOW you remember when he fought that one guy and was bleeding and all, but his next shift out there he was all like...............and did that move all like ...............with his foot? I was like DAMN, and then even after all THAT, he made the one play when he went all out Pavel Bure and was like...............?

Remember all that? And you'd still wanna give him up, are you crazy?

deftones1986 08-01-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro (Post 53208493)
Probably Simon Gagne.

Replace him with Dominik Hasek.

Hello dynasty.

Now that's the idea!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffl97 08-02-2012 12:02 AM

Well this turned into marginal player that you would replace for an all-time great pretty quick.

deftones1986 08-02-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffl97 (Post 53209015)
Well this turned into marginal player that you would replace for an all-time great pretty quick.

Yeah I know, but I think it just goes to show that deep down, people would not be wiling to ever give up their real favorite Flyer.

Not even for a Hall of Famer, or multiple championships.......goes to show how much more we enjoy just the tuff task of finding a player that we can get attached to, and never wanting to let him go.

On the contrary, I do believe the people throwing Gagne out there, because he WAS one of my favorites at one point but I would give him up for sure.

LEIFey 08-02-2012 05:35 AM

Recchi for Scott Niedermayer? Always liked Niedermayer and wanted him on the Flyers.

dingbathero 08-02-2012 05:38 AM

Clarke for Lafleur...

THE Flyer with the Flower..... That would have been interesting.

YuioIklo 08-02-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRxBLACK (Post 53208499)

Are you crazy? Best sniper in the league.

Giroux 4 MVP 08-02-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YuioIklo (Post 53212375)
Are you crazy? Best sniper in the league.

Nope refuse to believe this, u clearly edited it

cheesesteak 08-02-2012 10:55 AM

Eric Lindros for Mario Lemieux :naughty:

Broad Street Elite 08-02-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesesteak (Post 53216253)
Eric Lindros for Mario Lemieux :naughty:

Was thinking the same thing.

Flyerfan4life 08-02-2012 12:10 PM

HA !!!

this is easy..

give up retired Hextall

for

fresh young HEXTALL..

done and done..

Flyerfan52 08-02-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 53211707)
Clarke for Lafleur...

THE Flyer with the Flower..... That would have been interesting.

That would be interesting.

The part that messes me up is that #16 is the reason I'm a Flyers fan. Without him I have no idea who would be my team.

Sawdalite 08-02-2012 01:09 PM

If we a are talking Day One to Retirement... No question... Clarke (or any Flyers player for that matter) for Wayne Gretzky... in a NY second... No second guessing on my part either.

deftones1986 08-02-2012 02:37 PM

Would you guys swap any of these players for Giroux?

Beef Invictus 08-02-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdalite (Post 53220483)
If we a are talking Day One to Retirement... No question... Clarke (or any Flyers player for that matter) for Wayne Gretzky... in a NY second... No second guessing on my part either.

Our owner isn't bad with money either, so we wouldn't have to trade him like Edmonton did.

dingbathero 08-02-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 (Post 53220221)
That would be interesting.

The part that messes me up is that #16 is the reason I'm a Flyers fan. Without him I have no idea who would be my team.

Same here.

But I think with the 'brand' that Snider wanted/produced you would have found the orange and black ;)