HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Van-NYI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1240607)

Vankiller Whale 08-02-2012 08:56 AM

Van-NYI

This isn't meant to be a realistic proposal, more of a hypothetical, is this enough value to do it kind of thing.

To NYI:
Kesler
Schneider
Van 1st
Ballard

To Van:
Tavares
DiPietro

To Vancouver fans, I think this makes us a better team(as hopefully Lack will have a similar development to Schneider, and Tavares is younger and better than Kesler, and Ballard isn't needed)

To NYI you receive a Selke winning centre, the goalie that outplayed Luongo, a top 4 defenseman, and a late 1st, as well as dropping one of the worst contracts in the league.

Again, unrealistic, but is this enough overpayment to make you consider?

Avs44 08-02-2012 09:01 AM

I think this would be an easy no from the NYI.

19NYSports91 08-02-2012 09:06 AM

Kesler is one of my favorite players, but I would NEVER trade Tavares.

Dan-o16 08-02-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 53213445)

To consider committing harakiri, yeah.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Vankiller Whale 08-02-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 53213657)
Kesler is one of my favorite players, but I would NEVER trade Tavares.

I know he wouldn't be traded, but from a cold-hearted calculating point of view, is this enough value to do it?

Ellerfan 08-02-2012 09:09 AM

Luongo and Dipietro the goalers of Vancouver... Two Looooong contractS

isles31 08-02-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

This isn't meant to be a realistic proposal, more of a hypothetical, is this enough value to do it kind of thing.

To NYI:
Kesler
Schneider
Van 1st
Ballard

To Van:
Tavares
DiPietro

To Vancouver fans, I think this makes us a better team(as hopefully Lack will have a similar development to Schneider, and Tavares is younger and better than Kesler, and Ballard isn't needed)

To NYI you receive a Selke winning centre, the goalie that outplayed Luongo, a top 4 defenseman, and a late 1st, as well as dropping one of the worst contracts in the league.

No, it isnt. Kesler is a Selke winner, but he isnt nearly as good as JT. Schneider is unproven, and not worth trading JT for when we have Nilsson and Poulin developing very well. Ballard had a pretty bad concussion, so trading a 21yr old stud like JT for a guy who could have issues like that, isnt smart. DP can be buried in the AHL, much like teams do with bad contracts lately.
imo, theres are maybe 2 players in the world i center a deal around for JT, and Kesler isnt one.

SLAPSHOT723 08-02-2012 09:22 AM

Absolutely not. Tavares is not being traded.

Luck 6 08-02-2012 09:22 AM

In order to pry JT out of the Isle, we'd need to be offering up something fierce. A 1st round pick is nice but pointless, and Ballard wouldn't be the defenseman they'd want back.

TO NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider

TO VAN
Tavares

You want the kid? Prepare to over pay. Even still, he's the face of their franchise, they likely wouldn't do it.

OrangeZebra 08-02-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck 6 (Post 53213969)
In order to pry JT out of the Isle, we'd need to be offering up something fierce. A 1st round pick is nice but pointless, and Ballard wouldn't be the defenseman they'd want back.

TO NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider

TO VAN
Tavares

You want the kid? Prepare to over pay. Even still, he's the face of their franchise, they likely wouldn't do it.

Still no. I wouldn't trade Tavares for anything

SLAPSHOT723 08-02-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

TO NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider

TO VAN
Tavares

Three great players but not good enough for JT.

Riddick 08-02-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 53213703)
I know he wouldn't be traded, but from a cold-hearted calculating point of view, is this enough value to do it?

Simply put, no. And not even 'heart and soul of the franchise' wise. I don't know enough about Vancouver to out in a counter but honestly, I'm not sure they would have enough to get tavares..

KrisBeKreame 08-02-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

TO NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider

TO VAN
Tavares

The Problem is the value is small for us when talking about players like Edler or Schneider. Edler is a UFA in a season and most likely would not sign here. Schneider holds almost no value to us for the reasons combined with the fact the Islanders feel they have two guys (Poulin & Nilsson) that will be just as good and are under our control for several more years.

KrisBeKreame 08-02-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddick (Post 53214141)
Simply put, no. And not even 'heart and soul of the franchise' wise. I don't know enough about Vancouver to out in a counter but honestly, I'm not sure they would have enough to get tavares..

It's not that they don't have enough because the are a cream of the league team but they would have to sacrifice alot of that to convince us to part with our heart and soul of the team player in Tavares. I think it wouls cost Kesler, a Sedin and maybe a another asset.

Riddick 08-02-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame (Post 53214259)
It's not that they don't have enough because the are a cream of the league team but they would have to sacrifice alot of that to convince us to part with our heart and soul of the team player in Tavares. I think it wouls cost Kesler, a Sedin and maybe a another asset.

I was saying if you took the heart out of the equation, it still wouldn't be enough. They wouldn't give you one sedin only because they wouldn't break them up. Vancouver wouldn't really be a good fit purely value-wise for a trade for tavares. Sickingly enough, Philly could work, as could LA, Boston and maybe one it two others. Young, sick pieces or elite players under contact for awhile more.

Scottrockztheworld* 08-02-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeZebra (Post 53214081)
Still no. I wouldn't trade Tavares for anything

Even if the Pens offered Malkin, Letang & a few prospects?

No homer :laugh:

KrisBeKreame 08-02-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagine17 (Post 53218519)
Even if the Pens offered Malkin, Letang & a few prospects?

No homer :laugh:

Well there is a horrible memory invoked that will make Islander fans think twice about deals like that. First is that Tavares WANTS to be here and play the same can not be siad or those he's traded for. The momory this type of trade invokes is from 1994 when Then GM Maloney traded Captain/Fan Favorite/Highly Talented Pierre Turgeon and Vlad Malahkov to Montreal for Kirk Muller and Matthew Schnieder. Muller refused to report, then refused to play and then when he actualy was on the ice refused to participate. Not may fan bases have that type of memory but it is one of many that define the fanbase.

Scurr 08-02-2012 12:39 PM

What does the Isles depth at centre in the NHL look like?

SLAPSHOT723 08-02-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scurr (Post 53219439)

Right now? Not very good. If nobody is signed...

Tavares
Nielsen
Cizikas
Reasoner

The team needs a 2nd line center to have secondary scoring. Eventually, Ryan Strome and Brock Nelson will be in the center line up, and they could provide some scoring, but neither are NHL ready.

Captain Smurf 08-02-2012 02:02 PM

Tavares is a franchise player. He wont get moved unless a better player is coming back or he says he wants out. Neither is likely ATM.

CREW99AW 08-02-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

To NYI:
Kesler
Schneider
Van 1st
Ballard

To Van:
Tavares
DiPietro

No.
47 games in the last 4 yrs, has me thinking RD will either end up retiring or bought out.

I'd rather wait for DiPietro to come to the painful truth that his body can not hold up, for him to be forced into retirement and for insurance to pay the bulk of his remanining contract.

Even a $1.5mr buyout, is better then trading 21 yr old Tavares.

CREW99AW 08-02-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scurr (Post 53219439)

Imo Snow is looking for a short term upgrade, at the 2nd line center spot. Someone who will put up more then Fran Nelson's 45-47 pts.

Isles have used recent 1st rounders on 19 yr old Strome and 20 yr old Brock Nelson.

I'm hoping Strome gets another yr in juniors,while Nelson get a full season in the AHL.

EXTRAS 08-02-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

The Canucks have won back to back presidents trophies. They have done this because they have skilled players, who over a large sample size, prove themselves to be the best group in the NHL. Kesler and Edler are two of those core players, and Schnieder is so good he has replaced Luongo as the teams starter. Luongo is still a top 10 goalie in the NHL.

Kesler is signed to an amazing contract, and if Schnied's lives up to his hype, he will also be on a great contract. Edler is looking to be a 50 point d-man who is fairly solid defensively. The only thing that would devalue edler in this trade would be his impending free agency.

To think that Tavares is worth Kesler, a Sedin, and another asset, is fairly ridiculous. Either Sedin is in the top 5 players in the league. By sending a Sedin and Kesler ++ to the islanders, NYI would essentially become a top 10 team in the league at least, especially if the sedin was henrik because he is a centerman. NYI would be lucky to get 1 Sedin for Tavares even if Vancouver were willing to break up the Sedins.

Lastly, has Tavares even proven he is capable of making a team he is the leader of into a winner in the NHL?

CREW99AW 08-02-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

TO NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider

TO VAN
Tavares

I believe Edler is a ufa in 2013 and Schneider a ufa in either 2013/2014.
For the budget tight Isles, those contracts could be a problem.

Tavares is starting the first yr of a 6 yr extension.His $5.5m salary is very reasonable.

EXTRAS 08-02-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

The Canucks have won back to back presidents trophies. They have done this because they have skilled players, who over a large sample size, prove themselves to be the best group in the NHL. Kesler and Edler are two of those core players, and Schnieder is so good he has replaced Luongo as the teams starter. Luongo is still a top 10 goalie in the NHL.

Kesler is signed to an amazing contract, and if Schnied's lives up to his hype, he will also be on a great contract. Edler is looking to be a 50 point d-man who is fairly solid defensively. The only thing that would devalue edler in this trade would be his impending free agency.

To think that Tavares is worth Kesler, a Sedin, and another asset, is fairly ridiculous. Either Sedin is in the top 5 players in the league. By sending a Sedin and Kesler ++ to the islanders, NYI would essentially become a top 10 team in the league at least, especially if the sedin was henrik because he is a centerman. NYI would be lucky to get 1 Sedin for Tavares even if Vancouver were willing to break up the Sedins.

Lastly, has Tavares even proven he is capable of making a team he is the leader of into a winner in the NHL?