HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   OT: Fantasy Hockey League: Whos Team Do you Like? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1240993)

tfong 08-02-2012 11:43 PM

Fantasy Hockey League: Whos Team Do you Like?

Anyone can join in, kinda bored and want to see what other people's perspective other teams are.

Obviously you can't talk about your own team but lets play a little of a game of which other team you think could be one of the top teams and why.

I'll start.

I like Spacecorn's team (even though some of it was autopicked)

Very strong down the middle and with Malkin you can't go wrong. Halak should have another strong year. The only weakness currently I see is the lack of a good 2nd goalie and that the team may not win many hit/block categories. But definitely high scoring with utility like +/- and faceoffs. Very point heavy and I do favour those.

InfinityIggy 08-02-2012 11:46 PM

I really like Jarome Iginla's team.

A little older than most, but lots of players in their prime and I don't see any real weakness in the lineup.

nogger 08-03-2012 12:51 AM

You can tell it's an extremely slow offseason haha.

Anyways, I like Jarome Iginlas and Infinityiggy's teams. And of course my own. ;)

TherapyforGlencross 08-03-2012 06:49 AM

Obviously I like my team, but I really think MarkGio's team could do some damage. He has Couture and Kane, who are jus heading into their prime. Also has some good grit. An all-around good team.

Ynnek 08-03-2012 07:23 AM

Its hard to say this early as mostly everyone looks decent. I'll take Spacecorn if he had a second goalie.

MarkGio 08-03-2012 08:41 AM

So far everyone is doing a good job and it makes picking that much more difficult. So far Ynnek and Flamesrule are my favorites.

Turboed 08-03-2012 09:27 AM

I think autograph's team could do some damage. Especially with richards playing with carter all year. Obviously not having a goalie yet could be a problem.

Infinity Iggy has a pretty stellar team too, especially if fowler bounces back after last year.

Lastly Drewskiv could be very interesting going all offense. I kinda like it.

Im interested to see how the whole season plays out.

TheHudlinator 08-03-2012 09:30 AM

I really like Infinity Iggy's team but none will match FPP :laugh:

Ynnek 08-03-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 53246011)
I really like Infinity Iggy's team but none will match FFF :laugh:

Fixed that for ya.;)

SmellOfVictory 08-03-2012 10:25 AM

I think drewskiv's team is probably a favourite. Basically three full first lines of productive forwards, little in the way of injury risks. If that thread is up-to-date, he's lacking dmen obviously, but there tends to be a large middle class of dmen who are within a few points of each other once the elite offensive producers are gone.

InfinityIggy 08-03-2012 10:33 AM

Haha thanks guys. Only thing I don't like about my team is that right wing is a big question mark right now with Tarasenko on the top line.

TherapyforGlencross 08-08-2012 06:34 PM

Gotta say I am really starting to like InfinityIggy's team. If Tarensenko doesn't perform to standards, he has Williams as a back-up who will put up another 50-60 points.