HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ott to montreal deal proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=124141)

Pax Macioretty 01-16-2005 10:38 AM

Ott to montreal deal proposal

Hey i just wanted to know what would it take to montreal to get Steve ott in their team, he's playing real good with Ward in Hamilton so i was just wondering if Bulis and a 2nd was good enough, or you can make me a proposal of your own too

thanks in advance

Ajacied 01-16-2005 10:39 AM

Stars need youth badly, and you can't go wrong with a character forward like Ott. I doubt he's going anywhere. Deal is fair, if not overpaying, but the Stars will pass.

RoyIsALegend* 01-16-2005 11:32 AM

I doubt Montreal would make that trade.

Ajacied 01-16-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I doubt Montreal would make that trade.

Doesn't really make sense from either side, I agree, but at least the Habs adress an issue with it, namely grit and character, the Stars only get older and take on a heavier contract.

However, Ott, while unlikely to be traded, is not untouchable. Yes management is extremely high on him, but if the Habs offer up a promesing youngster for Ott and the certain player fits the criteria our organisation needs, I don't see any reason as of why the Stars wouldn't consider it. I'm talking about a stand out offensive prospect, such as Kostitsyin or Peregozhin. Not necessarely saying straight up either..

TwineSniper 01-16-2005 01:45 PM

Ott is a nice prospect for sure. But we have an adequate similar player laready in Steve Begin. As for the original deal, No. The way Bulis is lighting it up in Europe, I assume the Canadiens management are excited to see what happens when he returns.

Carbonneau 01-16-2005 01:55 PM

Bulis is overpayment, let alone a 2nd as well. :shakehead

Psycho Papa Joe 01-16-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Doesn't really make sense from either side, I agree, but at least the Habs adress an issue with it, namely grit and character, the Stars only get older and take on a heavier contract.

However, Ott, while unlikely to be traded, is not untouchable. Yes management is extremely high on him, but if the Habs offer up a promesing youngster for Ott and the certain player fits the criteria our organisation needs, I don't see any reason as of why the Stars wouldn't consider it. I'm talking about a stand out offensive prospect, such as Kostitsyin or Peregozhin. Not necessarely saying straight up either..

Geez, why would the Stars do this trade? They only get the two best assets in the deal:shakehead

Chaos 01-16-2005 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Geez, why would the Stars do this trade? They only get the two best assets in the deal:shakehead

2 best assets? Hardly. You can argue Bulis, but Ott certainly has more value than a mid 2nd round pick.

Psycho Papa Joe 01-16-2005 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos
2 best assets? Hardly. You can argue Bulis, but Ott certainly has more value than a mid 2nd round pick.

No team in the NHL would give up a better than a mid 2nd rounder for Ott. Not saying the Stars would make the deal for a mid 2nd either, but I can't see any team offering up something that valuable for him.

Ajacied 01-16-2005 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
No team in the NHL would give up a better than a mid 2nd rounder for Ott. Not saying the Stars would make the deal for a mid 2nd either, but I can't see any team offering up something that valuable for him.

Ott was a first round pick in a pretty strong draft year, heck, he went lower than expected. He has done nothing to lower his value. He has become a regular member of the Dallas Stars at the age of 20/21. His value is more than a mere 2nd round pick.

It Kills Me 01-16-2005 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos

Its the Habs pick, expect 31st overall. :)

Ott = Late first rounder/ early 2nd, probably more.

El Wama 01-16-2005 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonneau
Bulis is overpayment, let alone a 2nd as well. :shakehead

Agree... Bulis will contend to the Lady Bing award hif he plays like he does in Czech Rep

didjuicythat 01-16-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKiZO[X]
Agree... Bulis will contend to the Lady Bing award hif he plays like he does in Czech Rep

Why? Because he takes so few penalties? :D I think you mean the Selke trophy, awarded to the best two-way forward in the league.

salty justice 01-16-2005 05:44 PM

Stars would love that trade, Habs fans would hate it. It would never happen.

Pax Macioretty 01-16-2005 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theBob

I proposed Bulis cause i know the stars would ask youth in return and the habs would still have a great third line with Higgins-Bonk-Sundstrom/Hossa/Perezhogin and no i dont think habs fans would hate it, we love energy players here in montreal, well at least i do :)

Ozy_Flame 01-16-2005 06:46 PM

Whoever said Ott could only be traded if Kastitsyn or Perezhogin are involved, you need to check your head. Ott has played over 100 NHL games already, and has only registered 19 points. He was drafted five years ago, and is looking more and more like he's going to top out as a very good third-liner someday. To get the two aforementioned Habs would take far more than Ott at this point.

Ott=Snott: Ott is worth more than a mere second round pick? So you must be suggesting that he could command not just a first-rounder, but a mid-to-high first round pick. IMO a 2nd rounder is more than enough for this guy, and if it's not, then throw in an aging vet with little value to balance the trade. Ott will be turning 23 this year, and he's done nothing to command that kind of return (a first rounder). Hell, Oleg Saprykin is only 23, drafted a year before Ott, and he's a more accomplished NHL'er than Ott is, yet is nowhere NEAR worth a 1st round pick.

Ajacied 01-17-2005 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theBob

Stars would hate that trade more than Hab fans would. Ott already provides some qualities this organisation lacks/is starting to lack. Namely youth, grit, dedication, character, consistency and hard work. Bulis is a fine player but the Stars have big plans for Ott in the future as he excels in all of those attributes. The 2nd doesn't make any difference to me.

Evil Sather 01-17-2005 12:13 PM

What we have here is a huge difference of values. Ott=Snott is talking about the relative value Ott has to the Stars organization in terms of their players, and everyone else seems to be arguing the value of the trade on a pure player standpoint. 40ish point, good defensive wingers are technically worth more than 20-30 point agitators, but only if looked at without context to organizational needs.

I'm going to side with O=S on that one. Eep.

All-Star 01-17-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
I proposed Bulis cause i know the stars would ask youth in return and the habs would still have a great third line with Higgins-Bonk-Sundstrom/Hossa/Perezhogin and no i dont think habs fans would hate it, we love energy players here in montreal, well at least i do :)

If you could figure out a way to keep Bulis and dump Sundstrom in your proposal, I'd be satisfied. As it stands, I'd happily keep Bulis and the second...

Habsfan 32 01-17-2005 01:11 PM

I would keep Bulis he will be a better player when he comes back after the lock out.

MontrealSF 01-17-2005 01:19 PM

Begin's enough for us. No need of Ott and his stupid penalties.

Psycho Papa Joe 01-17-2005 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Stars would hate that trade more than Hab fans would. Ott already provides some qualities this organisation lacks/is starting to lack. Namely youth, grit, dedication, character, consistency and hard work. Bulis is a fine player but the Stars have big plans for Ott in the future as he excels in all of those attributes. The 2nd doesn't make any difference to me.

Fine and fair enough. You love Ott and so does Stars management and you don't want him dealt. Having seen him play in Hamilton a few times this year, I wasn't overly impressed. From a Habs POV, we'd want a hell of alot more if Bulis and a 2nd were made available.

UKHabsFan 01-19-2005 12:42 PM

Quote:

Hey i just wanted to know what would it take to montreal to get Steve ott in their team, he's playing real good with Ward in Hamilton so i was just wondering if Bulis and a 2nd was good enough, or you can make me a proposal of your own too

thanks in advance

Habs won't trade Bulis but it would make an interesting trade, especially to see Ward and Ott together could be a good line in the making if it happened

Habs Icing 01-21-2005 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKHabsFan
Habs won't trade Bulis but it would make an interesting trade, especially to see Ward and Ott together could be a good line in the making if it happened

Why would it be the making of a good line in the NHL when it's floundering in the AHL?

Jakomyte 01-22-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

....ummmm... I would hate it...