HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: La - nj (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1241681)

rajuabju 08-04-2012 07:59 PM

La - nj

I know, I know... LA - NJ unlikely... but just putting that aside for a moment...

To NJ:

Holloway
Moller

To LA:

2013 2nd
2014 2nd

Why they do this: Holloway and Moller are both unlikely to ever see a Kings uniform after moving to Europe recently. But both still have top 6 potential, and could be lured back by another team with some room to utilize them properly. NJ might be a good fit for them, either as 2nd/3rd liners, or injury calls up from the AHL, to get an opportunity to establish themselves.

NJ's 2nd rounders in both years will likely be mid to late 2nds. LA gets two decent but not amazing picks for players that they are not focusing on. NJ gets 2 forward prospects with very decent upside without giving up any roster players or 1st rounders.

Mrb1p 08-04-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajuabju (Post 53284789)
I know, I know... LA - NJ unlikely... but just putting that aside for a moment...

To NJ:

Holloway
Moller

To LA:

2013 2nd
2014 2nd

Why they do this: Holloway and Moller are both unlikely to ever see a Kings uniform after moving to Europe recently. But both still have top 6 potential, and could be lured back by another team with some room to utilize them properly. NJ might be a good fit for them, either as 2nd/3rd liners, or injury calls up from the AHL, to get an opportunity to establish themselves.

NJ's 2nd rounders in both years will likely be mid to late 2nds. LA gets two decent but not amazing picks for players that they are not focusing on. NJ gets 2 forward prospects with very decent upside without giving up any roster players or 1st rounders.

NJD get hosed.

Chazz Reinhold 08-04-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrb1p (Post 53284811)
NJD get hosed.

Do you even know anything about Holloway and Moller?

rajuabju 08-04-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 53284933)

That was my reaction too...

Parise is gone. And Sykora, Zubrus, Elias wont be around forever. Looking at NJ's lineup this year and beyond, they have to get some help offensively. Moller + Holloway could be a way to do so without having to give up much at all.

Muzzinga 08-04-2012 08:20 PM

lol at 'hosed'

I think 2 2nd's is an overpayment however, just because i don't think Moller is worth as high as a 2nd. 2nd+3rd is more likely

Marshal Rochambeau 08-04-2012 08:29 PM

Both of these players are in Europe aren't they? Reason?

Mrb1p 08-04-2012 08:30 PM

LAK FANS ON RAMPAGE..

Yes, I know what they are capable of, I was a huge fan of Moller not long ago.

Do they make the NJD better NOW and in the future ? I doubt. Do they even make it in the top 9?

I'd do Holloway for a 3rd in a heartbeat. But I wouldnt give 2 2nd in one trade. But ya I agree, My comment was a bit exagerated..

FrozenKing18 08-04-2012 08:33 PM

Overpayment not hosed

Spitsfan67* 08-04-2012 08:34 PM

La wouldnt hesitate...do it before Njd change there mind

jjp24Devils 08-04-2012 08:34 PM

With the Devils being forced to forfeit their first round pick one of the next two years, I highly doubt they would be willing to give up their next two seconds.

I don't know much about either Kings player though.

jax00 08-04-2012 08:38 PM

Wasn't Moller like the 5th best prospect according to HF at one point?

Mrb1p 08-04-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jax00 (Post 53285663)

Long time ago.

The Big Giant Head 08-04-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jax00 (Post 53285663)

As a kings fan and moller I still like the kid. His main problem when he played up with us was his size, he's just a little guy and he gets knocked off the puck way to easy. If he's corrected that part of his game since heading to Europe then he would be a great pickup for almost any team.

Mrb1p 08-04-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head (Post 53286123)
As a kings fan and moller I still like the kid. His main problem when he played up with us was his size, he's just a little guy and he gets knocked off the puck way to easy. If he's corrected that part of his game since heading to Europe then he would be a great pickup for almost any team.

Yet, this doesnt translate to a 2nd pick.

etherialone 08-04-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrb1p (Post 53286141)
Yet, this doesnt translate to a 2nd pick.

But Holloway was leading scorer in his league this past year and was highly touted since his draft year. Holloway is a clutch scorer who likes to hit and can hang onto the pick with almost the best of them.

He is worth a second and even a little more.

Moller is still worth a 3rd.

To me a more fair deal would have been Moller and Holloway for a 2nd and a 3rd. Moller has proven that he can score and play positionally well at the NHL level but he had yet to learn where to be in order to limit his exposure to violent checks.

Hate to see BH no longer with the Kings, he is going to be a good one.

Ziggy Stardust 08-04-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 53284933)

I think Kings fans are overrating them. Teams could draft prospects who are just as good as Holloway or Moller. They're still not proven NHL talent. A 3rd for Holloway would be great (which is what they got when they dealt Boyle to the Rangers).

Moller I prefer the Kings hang onto as I think he still has pretty good upside, but if they could get a 2nd for him, I'd consider it a good move for the Kings. Still, Moller could possibly join the Kings in a year or so.

KingCanadain1976 08-04-2012 09:57 PM

i agree with Ziggy i think were overrating them. Holloway and Moller aren't going to make the kings. I think if the kings were offered a 2nd for both they would take it and run. Especially if the 2nd is in next years deep draft.

etherialone 08-04-2012 10:00 PM

I don't think we are over rating them at all. A second and a third for Moller and Holloway is more than fair. If both were here in NA one of them would very likely be on the Kings by now.

And Ziggy, it seems that it is a matter of preference in the way that you responded. Moller a second and Holloway a 3rd? Doesn't change the value just the opinion of the players involved. Its good with me.

KingCanadain1976 08-04-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 53287397)
I don't think we are over rating them at all. A second and a third for Moller and Holloway is more than fair. If both were here in NA one of them would very likely be on the Kings by now.

And Ziggy, it seems that it is a matter of preference in the way that you responded. Moller a second and Holloway a 3rd? Doesn't change the value just the opinion of the players involved. Its good with me.

I always aprecaite ur opinons tg this time i dont see it. Who on the kings does moller or holloway beat out?

kingsboy11 08-04-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 53287485)
I always aprecaite ur opinons tg this time i dont see it. Who on the kings does moller or holloway beat out?

no one

Rhodes 81 08-04-2012 10:25 PM

due to the fact that we have to give up our first in one of the next two years, i really don't think we can afford to trade any picks for a while, at least not for two aging prospects playing in europe.

IHaveNoCreativity 08-04-2012 10:31 PM

It's not bad, a 2nd and 3rd for both would be most likely... I would like to see Moller in the NHL again.

TheUnseenHand 08-04-2012 10:45 PM

No thanks.

Scottyk9 08-04-2012 10:47 PM

No thanks and for the record Lou and Dean have a very good relationship.

Lou fathered Dean when he got his first GM job, flew him to New Jersey showed him some tricks of the trade and gave Dean a book of Vince Lombardi quotes that Lou himself refers to for inspiration and guidance

Kershaw 08-04-2012 10:49 PM

I'd give a 2nd for Holloway. If he is as good as advertised, maybe he can become a NHL regular like Boyle became.