HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Prospect Info: Flame Prospects at WJC (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1241733)

CalgaryFlames1240 08-04-2012 10:01 PM

Flame Prospects at WJC

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=639118

Looks like we have a prospect fighting for a spot at every position for the USA team.

Johnny Gaudreau (F)
PatrickSieloff (D)
Jon Gillies (G)

Not sure if Granlund is going to make team Finland as he wasn't listed. Bartschi is a lock for the Swiss.

Use this thread for WJC discussion

tyflames 08-04-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryFlames1240 (Post 53287421)
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=639118

Looks like we have a prospect fighting for a spot at every position for the USA team.

Johnny Gaudreau (F)
PatrickSieloff (D)
Jon Gillies (G)

Not sure if Granlund is going to make team Finland as he wasn't listed. Bartschi is a lock for the Swiss.

Use this thread for WJC discussion

Bartshi could very well be apart of the Calgary flames not the Swiss team at that time of year.

ALI 08-05-2012 12:10 AM

Brossoit might make Canada

Devilspuppet666 08-05-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyflames (Post 53289099)
Bartshi could very well be apart of the Calgary flames not the Swiss team at that time of year.

maybe they let him go anyway? some teams do that, cant think of any examples apart from moller off the top of my head

Calculon 08-05-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 (Post 53290087)
maybe they let him go anyway? some teams do that, cant think of any examples apart from moller off the top of my head

It'll only happen if Baertschi's in the AHL or struggling to get ice-time in the NHL.

L.A. Kings let Schenn go to the WJC a couple of years ago since he was playing 4th line minutes.

King Of The North 08-05-2012 01:20 AM

This year Connolly and Smith Pelly IIRC

Padlock 08-05-2012 01:29 AM

Gaudreau was playing on the first line on one of the teams in the scrimmage today and Corey Pronman (awesome prospect writer) said he was creating the most offence out there. He just keeps impressing everywhere he goes

FlamingTelepath 08-05-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryFlames1240 (Post 53287421)

Granlund is a lock for the WJC team unless he really, really stinks it up during the fall in HIFK. He's in the military right now unless I'm mistaken.

Volica 08-05-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padlock (Post 53290565)
Gaudreau was playing on the first line on one of the teams in the scrimmage today and Corey Pronman (awesome prospect writer) said he was creating the most offence out there. He just keeps impressing everywhere he goes

Feaster admits that GMs ask him about Gaudreau whenever he's in another arena. He was the steal of the draft, so far.

Sean Monahan 08-05-2012 09:18 AM

big season for Gaudreau coming up

If he even just repeats what he did last year we have a Cam Atkinson on our hands

GetThePuckOut 08-05-2012 10:23 AM

By the halfway mark of the World Juniors, HFBoards will be saying that we have TWO prospects! (actually, just one again since Bartschi will be graduated)

Soon though, they will have no choice but to give Calgary it's props.

The Gnome 08-05-2012 12:53 PM

I cannot wait to watch this kid compete. Gaudreau is really starting to impress.

tyflames 08-05-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gnome (Post 53297321)
I cannot wait to watch this kid compete. Gaudreau is really starting to impress.

Way too early to tell but he could potentially be the steal of the 2011 draft. But won't know for sure for at least 3 years probably.

Ashasx 08-05-2012 07:12 PM

Baertschi is too old for these WJCs, but I doubt he'd be going even if he could.

Gaudreau and Sieloff should be locks for USA. Gillies might have a chance if he really impresses at camp.

Granlund is the best eligible Finish player for these WJCs. If he's snubbed for whatever reason, it's a huge mistake.

Janks 08-05-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 53305971)
Baertschi is too old for these WJCs, but I doubt he'd be going even if he could.

Gaudreau and Sieloff should be locks for USA. Gillies might have a chance if he really impresses at camp.

Granlund is the best eligible Finish player for these WJCs. If he's snubbed for whatever reason, it's a huge mistake.

I thought he was doing military related stuff?

Ashasx 08-05-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund (Post 53307203)
I thought he was doing military related stuff?

I know he's not at the Finnish camp, but we don't know the reason why.

It could be due to his military service, or an injury, but either way, he should still be on the team come December.

Janks 08-05-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 53307513)
I know he's not at the Finnish camp, but we don't know the reason why.

It could be due to his military service, or an injury, but either way, he should still be on the team come December.

I'd hope so. I'd hate for him to miss an opportunity to showcase his skills for us. I'm really excited with all of our prospects coming through the system.

SmellOfVictory 08-06-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 (Post 53290087)

If Baertschi's nearly as good as we think he is, he's going to be on the Flames full time.

edit: Yeah, and forgot he turns 20 this season.

tmurfin 08-06-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund (Post 53307697)
I'd hope so. I'd hate for him to miss an opportunity to showcase his skills for us. I'm really excited with all of our prospects coming through the system.

There should be absolutely no way he doesn't make the team, barring injury. He was one of the better players on their team last tourny, and they are gonna have to rely on him offensively this time around

tyflames 08-07-2012 11:36 AM

They all made final roster for team USA.
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=639318

"All three suited up for USA Blue's exhibition tilt against Finland yesterday. USA Blue pulled off a 5-4 victory with Gaudreau and Sieloff both picking up points.

Sieloff assisted on Mario Lucia's first period goal after he wired a hard shot on net, setting up the rebound opportunity. Gaudreau earned the primary assist on Alex Galchenyuk's third period marker after a great tic-tac-toe passing play.

Gillies played the second half of the game, spelling off John Gibson. He allowed three goals and faced nine shots."

InfinityIggy 08-07-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyflames (Post 53352099)
They all made final roster for team USA.
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=639318

"All three suited up for USA Blue's exhibition tilt against Finland yesterday. USA Blue pulled off a 5-4 victory with Gaudreau and Sieloff both picking up points.

Sieloff assisted on Mario Lucia's first period goal after he wired a hard shot on net, setting up the rebound opportunity. Gaudreau earned the primary assist on Alex Galchenyuk's third period marker after a great tic-tac-toe passing play.

Gillies played the second half of the game, spelling off John Gibson. He allowed three goals and faced nine shots."

Man how our drafting has improved.

All three of these guys keep looking better and better.