HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position #9 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1241907)

Inferno 08-05-2012 12:36 PM

Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position #9

Playoff Standings:
*1)
*2)
*3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
-----------------------------------------------------------
9)
10)Buffalo Sabres (42.86%)
11)Florida Panthers (28.47%)
12)Winnipeg Jets (38.54%)
13)Montreal Canadiens (66.04%)
14)Toronto Maple Leafs (41.18%)
15)New York Islanders (63.39%)

*denotes division winner

Division Standings:
NorthEast:
1)TBD
2)TBD
3)Buffalo Sabres
4)Montreal Canadiens
5)Toronto Maple Leafs

NorthEast:
1)TBD
2)TBD
3)TBD
4)TBD
5)New York Islanders

SouthEast:
1)TBD
2)TBD
3)TBD
4)Florida Panthers
5)Winnipeg Jets

Conference Standings:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)Buffalo Sabres (42.86%)
11)Florida Panthers (28.47%)
12)Winnipeg Jets (38.54%)
13)Montreal Canadiens (66.04%)
14)Toronto Maple Leafs (41.18%)
15)New York Islanders (63.39%)

MacTruck 08-05-2012 12:39 PM

Was between Caps and Devils for me. Went with the Devils

Giacomin 08-05-2012 12:47 PM

I will go with the Capitals.

useref15 08-05-2012 01:05 PM

Went with the Devils

Barbara Underhill 08-05-2012 01:16 PM

Devils here, this is where it get's kind of tricky. Three teams could land here WSH, NJD, and TBL.

LeetchisGod 08-05-2012 01:21 PM

Lightning. Their defense and goaltending aren't good enough to be a playoff team.

mrjimmyg89 08-05-2012 01:21 PM

Tampa for me. Out of the teams that I see around this spot (Carolina, Tampa, and New Jersey) Tampa has the worst and least proven goaltending.

I personally think the next two teams I select will not be in the playoffs because I would have picked Florida to finish in a playoff spot again.

Bird Law 08-05-2012 01:25 PM

Voting for the Debbies out of spite.

Barbara Underhill 08-05-2012 01:25 PM

The Lightning defense and goaltending shouldn't have gotten them to the playoffs two years ago. With Stamkos, St. Louis, and Vinny up front they have a chance either way. That and Lindback although unproven isn't chopped liver. He alone should give them 5 more wins over Roloson.

LeetchisGod 08-05-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Nashty (Post 53298011)
The Lightning defense and goaltending shouldn't have gotten them to the playoffs two years ago. With Stamkos, St. Louis, and Vinny up front they have a chance either way. That and Lindback although unproven isn't chopped liver. He alone should give them 5 more wins over Roloson.

Lindback doesn't have Suter and Weber in front of him anymore.

NYRFAN218 08-05-2012 01:33 PM

Going with Tampa. Lindback will help them in goal but I'm not sold on him as a number one for an entire year and their D still doesn't impress me. I hate Matt Carle. He'll put up numbers and move the puck well but I think he's absolutely terrible defensively.

Barbara Underhill 08-05-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeetchisGod (Post 53298199)
Lindback doesn't have Suter and Weber in front of him anymore.

So what? That's a weak argument he was 5-8 last season. Doesn't seem like they did him a world of good now does it?

He's better than Roloson, and Roloson took them to the ECF. I'm not saying they'll have a miracle run, but to write them off with the offense they have is silly. I'm saying they can probably finish 8th, not giving them the cup.

KingWantsCup 08-05-2012 01:47 PM

Caps. I don't like the Devils as much as else here, but how many times do they have to prove us wrong? They're making the playoffs, probably 8th seed, but they're gonna make it. Been burned by them too many times to expect less. They always find a way in.

eco's bones 08-05-2012 01:48 PM

Devils. Too old. Not enough development. Lost Parise--picked up nothing to replace him.

Net Front Presence 08-05-2012 01:54 PM

Devils. Not making the playoffs.

mrjimmyg89 08-05-2012 02:13 PM

There are a lot of bitter as **** people in here. Really? The Devils are going to miss the playoffs because Parise isn't there? They might not get 100 points this season, but they surely are good enough to get into the dance. A lot of teams in the East got weaker, including them, so why are they not making it?

Don't even base it off of when Parise was injured the year prior. They had a record setting pace they were on for the first half. That won't happen again. I can see them missing the playoffs when Elias and Brodeur call it quits.

Cresto 08-05-2012 02:20 PM

TBL I believe in with Lindback and Garon + their fowards and average D. Caps I think will do fine in goal with Neuvirth as the back up and hopefully a solid Holtby, I like him. They still have backstrom ovechkin and co. so they'll still be able to out compete some teams.

It's between NJD and OTT for me (Caps is after). I want to say NJD just to see them fail but kinda want to go with OTT but I can't see all 4 NE teams out of the playoffs especially with a weaker Bruins team so I'll say NJD

OTT is in consideration because I don't think they'll be able to achieve their balance and because Craig Anderson (whom I've watched go from team to team and play in COL which I follow) always finds a way to take a step backward.

Bob Richards 08-05-2012 02:40 PM

Lightning easily. Their overall D is just putrid.

SouthJerseyRanger 08-05-2012 02:56 PM

Gentlemen... I despise the Devils. I hate the Devils. I wish only horrible, terrible hockey related misfortune upon them and their stupid fans.

The Devils are not a worse team than the Lightning.

*besides, don't you want the Devils to grab the 8th seed and promptly get swept right out of the playoffs by your New York Rangers? ;)

GregSirico 08-05-2012 03:18 PM

Going with Tampa Bay.

Mint Berry Crunch 08-05-2012 03:31 PM

Devils.

Cynical TyranT 08-05-2012 03:44 PM

Lightning... they're gonna lose every game like 5-4

eco's bones 08-05-2012 04:09 PM

I don't think it's bitterness at all. This has nothing to do with last year's playoffs against them. They deserved to win. They were the better team.

Losing Parise hurts them more than some might think. It puts the whole onus of carrying the offense on one player--Kovalchuk. Elias is still a very good player but he's also on the wrong side of 35. Zubrus will be 35. Brodeur is 40. Hedberg 39. Salvador who just signed a 3 year $3 + mil per is 36 and I wouldn't be expecting the kind of offense he displayed in the playoffs. He's basically a low scoring stay at home d-man.

There's not a lot of youth there. Henrique-very good player. Josefson--is a question. Tedenby had a disaster of a season and size and strength make you wonder if he's going to bust. And there's Larsson and that's about it.

I really don't understand their off season to boot. It's like they set out to re-sign as much of their roster as possible. Failed on Parise and Ponikarovsky. Brought back Greene, Salvador, Brodeur, Hedberg, Janssen, Carter, Bernier, Harrold and Gionta. The only new guy is Krys Barch. Even if they had signed Parise that's not how you improve a team. A lot of what they kept is just one year older and a good part of that is well past it's prime.

Another factor is the potential of being taken over by the league. As if LL needed another excuse for being cheap. Losing Parise means 'shut down Kovalchuk and you stop the Devils' strategies. It means they are going to have to grind out more 2-1, 3-2 games. Means De Boer is probably going to have to coach more like Lemaire. Means there is going to be more pressure on their D and on their goal.

eco's bones 08-05-2012 04:13 PM

Ottawa has a young d-man who is getting better and can carry his team. He's the best offensive d in the league right now and he's going to improve some more. A little weak on offense. I still think they're a playoff team.

Affinity 08-05-2012 05:58 PM

Well, looks like I wouldn't have gone wrong with either of my choices... Devils or Lightning. Picked Devils just because I hate them more than the Lightning :P Won't be surprised to see them finish higher though.