HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trading for picks and Prospects only? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1242313)

AmeriHab 08-06-2012 01:14 PM

Trading for picks and Prospects only?

If we were to trade vets for draft picks and prospects only during this year, who would be the first everyone would want to trade and for what round or how many picks could we get. Not trading for anyone established- Hoping to leave Bobby Ryan talks out of this thread as well as Gomer not in the discussion what so ever

Le Tricolore 08-06-2012 01:19 PM

Anyone but Michael Blunden.

Teufelsdreck 08-06-2012 01:44 PM

That's too rigid and is simply a restatement of what the tankards want. I wouldn't put a yoke and blinders on Bergevin. I'd let him do what he thinks is best for the Habs.

MaxLacoste 08-06-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck (Post 53322237)
That's too rigid and is simply a restatement of what the tankards want. I wouldn't put a yoke and blinders on Bergevin. I'd let him do what he thinks is best for the Habs.

Me too. I'm totally confident in our management. Bergevin did pretty good this summer and he will do the same this season. IF the team struggle at the deadline maybe he will go for picks and prospects. No one can be sure until the season start. But something I'm sure, is that the time when we patched the team for short term gain is in the past.

AmeriHab 08-06-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxLacoste (Post 53322577)
Me too. I'm totally confident in our management. Bergevin did pretty good this summer and he will do the same this season. IF the team struggle at the deadline maybe he will go for picks and prospects. No one can be sure until the season start. But something I'm sure, is that the time when we patched the team for short term gain is in the past.

I'm not for tanking, I'm just wondering what we could get for someone like Bourque or Kaberle. But your right, this was a terrible way to ask question

DAChampion 08-06-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmeriHab (Post 53325845)
I'm not for tanking, I'm just wondering what we could get for someone like Bourque or Kaberle. But your right, this was a terrible way to ask question

Historically, puck moving defenseman like Kaberle fetch a good return.

This year, Zidlicky, who is inferior to Kaberle, fetched a 2nd and 3rd.

In 2011, Kaberle himself fetched a 1st, a 2nd and a B-prospect two seasons ago, but he was better then. Francois Beauchemin (better player) fetched Jake Gardiner (former 1st rounder developing properly) and Joffrey Lupul (top-6 power forward). Chris Campoli fetched a 2nd and an AHLer. Wideman fetched a 3rd rounder. Bryan McCabe fetched a 3rd rounder. Ian White fetched a 2nd rounder.

In 2010, Lubomir Visnovsky was traded for Ryan Whitney and a 6th rounder. Joe Corvo was traded for a 2nd and some scraps. Jordan Leopold was traded for a 2nd.

As for Bourque, Bergevin will really need to work the phones to unload that kind of garbage.