HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prospect Info: The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1242687)

RampageNate 08-07-2012 09:06 AM

The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Just over 2 months away...tons of questions yet to be answered.

Discuss and have fun...

Coolburn 08-07-2012 12:43 PM

Thanks, based on the expected players so far, whats the lineup going to look like?

RampageNate 08-07-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 53354541)
Thanks, based on the expected players so far, whats the lineup going to look like?

I think it all depends on whether Wellman and/or Howden make the Panthers out of camp. (Lockout withstanding)

Could be:

Howden/Wellman/Rallo
Jacques/Deveaux/Rheault
Shore/Timmins/Wright
Selleck/Luciani/Hazen
Vaive

Caruso/Yonkman
Petrovic/Robak
DeSantis/McFadden

DGM/Markstrom

Desperately need another D and another scorer.

Coolburn 08-07-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Nickel (Post 53355633)
I think it all depends on whether Wellman and/or Howden make the Panthers out of camp. (Lockout withstanding)

Could be:

Howden/Wellman/Rallo
Jacques/Deveaux/Rheault
Shore/Timmins/Wright
Selleck/Luciani/Hazen
Vaive

Caruso/Yonkman
Petrovic/Robak
DeSantis/McFadden

DGM/Markstrom

Desperately need another D and another scorer.

Interesting. I thought Deveaux was a RW though? I would probably swap him and Rallo right now. And it seems that you dont think either of Pacan or G. Wilson are expected there huh? Your 4th line seems really small to me and I dont think they would be very effective (plus didnt think Luciani was a center). I'd consider putting either Shore or Wright at center on that 4th line (more likely Shore since he's the rookie).

One thing to keep in mind, the Panthers have 8 d-men signed to 1 way deals next yr...I wouldnt be surprised though to possibly see Strachan sent back temporarily to San Antonio so that solves your need for another D. And who knows what they do with Santorelli also, even though he's on the last yr of his 1-way deal for $1.6M. Maybe they send him down and there's your other scorer. If not, maybe a trade happens to get another scorer for the Rampage with Santorelli going out. So I guess there is some patience needed all around.

RampageNate 08-07-2012 02:11 PM

Yes, my fourth line is a mess. Id hate to waste Shore on that line but thats the logical move. Deveaux is listed as a center and Rallo played almost exclusively on the wing last year, so thats where that logic came from.

I expect injuries and attrition for both the Rampage and Panthers which is why i feel another D and scorer are so important. None of the ECHL kiss really impressed me last year.

jol 08-07-2012 05:24 PM

So Panthers and Rampage have a deal for next season? Lockout looming, where to send all youngsters, Gudbranson, Markstrom etc.

JOL

RampageNate 08-07-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jol (Post 53363907)
So Panthers and Rampage have a deal for next season? Lockout looming, where to send all youngsters, Gudbranson, Markstrom etc.

JOL

Yes, they have a deal.

From what I understand, Gudbranson is the only panther that would be eligible to play in the AHL in the event there is a lockout.

I expect Markstrom to be here all season, barring injury, and .play about 65% of the games

Coolburn 08-07-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Nickel (Post 53364267)
Yes, they have a deal.

From what I understand, Gudbranson is the only panther that would be eligible to play in the AHL in the event there is a lockout.

I expect Markstrom to be here all season, barring injury, and .play about 65% of the games

Well that may not necessarily be true. Apparently the deal between the NHL and CHL has expired also so that means "technically" a 19 yr old prospect like Huberdeau "could" be in the AHL. I highly doubt the 2 leagues dont agree to a new deal but just saying, that agreement could be changed to allow some players that would've been in the NHL this season to play in the AHL. I dont know but its worth mentioning anyway that there could be changes to the agreement and that would impact the Rampage potentially.

Jessica 08-10-2012 01:43 AM

We had Weiss during the last lockout, although I do not know what would happen this time around. I do like the lines DN came up with.

All we can do if keep our fingers crossed and hope that there will be no lockout.

Acadmus 08-10-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica (Post 53443493)
We had Weiss during the last lockout, although I do not know what would happen this time around. I do like the lines DN came up with.

All we can do if keep our fingers crossed and hope that there will be no lockout.

You also had Bouwmeester, and we all should have taken heed at the warning that provided us, since he played like crap because he didn't want to be there.

Coolburn 08-10-2012 07:54 AM

Oh someone I kinda forgot but I still think the org is high on McFarland so I would expect him to get playing time in the AHL. With his speed, I could see him getting ice time with San Antonio. He may never develop into an NHL player but I'm pretty sure that he will be a solid AHLer.

JP Mick 08-10-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 53446031)
Oh someone I kinda forgot but I still think the org is high on McFarland so I would expect him to get playing time in the AHL. With his speed, I could see him getting ice time with San Antonio. He may never develop into an NHL player but I'm pretty sure that he will be a solid AHLer.

Yeah, McFarland should make the Rampage roster this season as he is 20 now and has 4 seasons of OHL under his belt. He will add some scoring at RW.

jol 08-10-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acadmus (Post 53445631)
You also had Bouwmeester, and we all should have taken heed at the warning that provided us, since he played like crap because he didn't want to be there.

He, Weiss and maybe somebody else were loaned to Chicago later on during the season, I believe.

JOL

Jessica 08-11-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jol (Post 53467707)
He, Weiss and maybe somebody else were loaned to Chicago later on during the season, I believe.

JOL

Just those two were "loaned" to the Chicago Wolves. Horton was also here during that lockout.

Chicago Wolves article from then

Theahl.com article from 2005 on the "loan"

Acadmus 08-12-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jol (Post 53467707)

JOL

They were, to gain playoff experience. Which they couldn't get in San Antonio because Keenan had sabotaged the team to sever the affiliation agreement and destroy the Panthers' development system, such that it was.

Krishna 08-12-2012 11:47 PM

Can youi guys give me any info on Rasmus Bengtsson?

RampageNate 08-13-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 53524029)
Can youi guys give me any info on Rasmus Bengtsson?

Might want to ask in the prospects thread. Us Rampage fans have no idea and might not for quite a while, if ever.

TurboBrick 08-20-2012 03:27 PM

Well the schedule is out.... WTH is that Tuesday, 10:30 AM game in November about? Spurs playing that night and they just couldn't cram it in anywhere else?

RampageNate 08-20-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboBrick (Post 53728741)
Well the schedule is out.... WTH is that Tuesday, 10:30 AM game in November about? Spurs playing that night and they just couldn't cram it in anywhere else?

School kids game. A lot of AHL teams do them and the rampage saw how successful they are so they followed suot either last season or the season before. I hate them personally.

Kate 08-21-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Nickel (Post 53731793)
School kids game. A lot of AHL teams do them and the rampage saw how successful they are so they followed suot either last season or the season before. I hate them personally.

Do you really? Maybe i remember you saying that in the past. i really enjoy those games. it's a great way to introduce the sport in an unconventional market. little kids turn into big hockey fans. :)

RampageNate 08-22-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate (Post 53757185)
Do you really? Maybe i remember you saying that in the past. i really enjoy those games. it's a great way to introduce the sport in an unconventional market. little kids turn into big hockey fans. :)

If the 9000 unsupervised kids actually cared about the game, I might agree. But to them, its a day off from school. Nothing more. And the teachers sole mission, it seems, is to do as much socializing and as little supervising possible.

Now get off my lawn. :-)

Jessica 08-22-2012 05:51 PM

Have to remind myself to bring my headphones to that game, to listen to my music during the game. Need some way to drown out the high pitched screams of the kids. :laugh:

Blad Meaning Gud 08-22-2012 06:23 PM

SO, if theres a lockout who can play with San Antonio? Gudbranson? Kulikov? Matthias?

RampageNate 08-22-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez (Post 53785837)
SO, if theres a lockout who can play with San Antonio? Gudbranson? Kulikov? Matthias?

Using various sources around the net and chatting with Rampage PBP guy, Dan Weiss, and assuming they follow the same ROE as 2004, waivers won't exist so any player that would require waivers cannot be sent down. Also, the CHL age limit is expected to be honored, though thats ties to the CBA, so im not sure how that would work.

Guds, yes.
Kulikov would have to sign and not head to the KHL.
Not sure on Matthias. Is he waiver exempt?

OKC will be absolutely stacked.

jol 08-23-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Nickel (Post 53789099)
Using various sources around the net and chatting with Rampage PBP guy, Dan Weiss, and assuming they follow the same ROE as 2004, waivers won't exist so any player that would require waivers cannot be sent down. Also, the CHL age limit is expected to be honored, though thats ties to the CBA, so im not sure how that would work.

Guds, yes.
Kulikov would have to sign and not head to the KHL.
Not sure on Matthias. Is he waiver exempt?

OKC will be absolutely stacked.

So Huberdeau goes back to juniors and if lockout is short, he's stuck there till next season or is there some kind of emergency call up?

JOL