HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2012/2013 Depth Chart (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1243279)

sully61 08-08-2012 12:28 PM

2012/2013 Depth Chart
 
I'm just wondering what your current depth chart is looking like with your current roster? I don't get to watch the Rangers enough as I don't have NHL live or anything and am from Michigan.

Rangers Fail 08-08-2012 12:33 PM

Centers: Richards-Stepan-Boyle-Halpern
LW: Nash-Kreider-Hagelin-Asham/Rupp
RW: Gaborik-Callahan-Pyatt-Asham/Rupp
LD:McDonagh-Staal-Del Zotto
RD: Girardi-Stralman-Bickel
G: Lundqvist-Biron

I think Nash will be tried on both wings. We are very weak on RD. Hopefully, Sauer recovers and can play again, because I'm not very excited to see Bickel every day. If not, I think Sather maybe does a low key trade to address the need.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-08-2012 12:34 PM

Assuming no rookies (other than Kreider )and no other moves this my idea of the depth chart NOT what the lines will be:

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

McDonaugh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
Stralman-Bickel

Lundqvist
Biron

BBKers 08-08-2012 12:57 PM

Centers
Richards
Stepan
Boyle
Halpern
Miller?
Newbury
Kolarik
Yogan

LW
Nash
Kreider
Hagelin
Rupp
Haley
Hrivik
Bourque
Grant

RW
Gaborik
Callahan
Pyatt
Asham
Thomas
Segal

LD
McDonagh
Staal
Del Zotto
(Redden) - cannot be recalled due to cap purposes
Vernace

RD
Girardi
(Sauer)
Stralman
Bickel
McIllrath
Collins
Parlett
Delisle
Pyett

Goldie
Lundqvist
Biron
Talbot
Missiaen
...

We have 46 players on contracts as of now (including Miller - whose contract will slide if he remains in jr:s). 4 left up to the 50 man limit. Expect 2-3 more signings before the season starts, leaving one spot open...

KreiMeARiver* 08-08-2012 12:59 PM

We WILL NOT win the Cup with Bickel on the back end.

That HAS to be addressed before the playoffs.

SixGoalieSystem 08-08-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hightide85 (Post 53384187)
We WILL NOT win the Cup with Bickel on the back end.

That HAS to be addressed before the playoffs.

Bickel is fine as 6/7th d-man. They probably expect Sauer to return sometime this year, and that's why they haven't made a move.

McD - Girardi
Staal - Straman
MDZ - Sauer (Bickel).

Our D is not what's going to cost us a Stanley Cup. It is very possible we could win the cup with Bickel as our #6 d-man.

Blueshirt Believer 08-08-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 53385317)
Bickel is fine as 6/7th d-man. They probably expect Sauer to return sometime this year, and that's why they haven't made a move.

McD - Girardi
Staal - Straman
MDZ - Sauer (Bickel).

Our D is not what's going to cost us a Stanley Cup. It is very possible we could win the cup with Bickel as our #6 d-man.

I don't think they will make another significant move, until they have a better idea what the new CBA entails. But I will say, they are going to add another Dman. I REALLY doubt Bickel will be anything more than a 7th Dman this year.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-08-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 53385317)
Bickel is fine as 6/7th d-man. They probably expect Sauer to return sometime this year, and that's why they haven't made a move.

McD - Girardi
Staal - Straman
MDZ - Sauer (Bickel).

Our D is not what's going to cost us a Stanley Cup. It is very possible we could win the cup with Bickel as our #6 d-man.

Expecting anything from Sauer is a mistake. If he gives the team anything, it's a bonus.

SixGoalieSystem 08-08-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer (Post 53385367)
I don't think they will make another significant move, until they have a better idea what the new CBA entails. But I will say, they are going to add another Dman. I REALLY doubt Bickel will be anything more than a 7th Dman this year.

They probably will, and it's a good idea, in particular if Sauer isn't good to go. I'm just saying a #6 d-man isn't what will cost us the cup.

Rangers Fail 08-08-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 53385505)
They probably will, and it's a good idea, in particular if Sauer isn't good to go. I'm just saying a #6 d-man isn't what will cost us the cup.

If we have a 6D who the coach trusts with more than 3:46 ice time in a 3OT game, it makes McD, Staal, and Girardi play less minutes, and therefore, they will be fresher throughout the season.

SixGoalieSystem 08-08-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat (Post 53387379)
If we have a 6D who the coach trusts with more than 3:46 ice time in a 3OT game, it makes McD, Staal, and Girardi play less minutes, and therefore, they will be fresher throughout the season.

That's true, but that's also a pretty extreme example. Bickel averaged 10:26 for 51 regular season games last year, was a plus player in the +/- column and was trusted with 2nd/3rd pairing minutes for most part of the season.

Torts' confidence with him fell in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean he can't be a solid player for us this season. If he is our #6 man on defense, we'll still be fine.

Rangers Fail 08-08-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 53387861)
That's true, but that's also a pretty extreme example. Bickel averaged 10:26 for 51 regular season games last year, was a plus player in the +/- column and was trusted with 2nd/3rd pairing minutes for most part of the season.

Torts' confidence with him fell in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean he can't be a solid player for us this season. If he is our #6 man on defense, we'll still be fine.

I care more about what happens in the playoffs, and his ice time dropped to 5:09 in the playoffs. His shifts per game went from 13.5 a game to 6.6. It's great that Torts trusts Stu when we're playing against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it was clear that Sad Stu was not helping much at any point in the playoffs.

SixGoalieSystem 08-08-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat (Post 53388523)
I care more about what happens in the playoffs, and his ice time dropped to 5:09 in the playoffs. His shifts per game went from 13.5 a game to 6.6. It's great that Torts trusts Stu when we're playing against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it was clear that Sad Stu was not helping much at any point in the playoffs.

I care more about the playoffs too, don't get me wrong. But do you really thinks that if Stu Bickel has a season like 11/12 where he outplayed other 6/7th d-men Eminger and Woywitka, Torts will still give him five minute playoff games?

I'm not arguing that Bickel should be our 6D for 82 regular season games plus playoffs, I'm arguing he's serviceable and it won't really hurt us if he is.

If they get someone better, I'm all for it.

frankthefrowner 08-08-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 53385449)
Expecting anything from Sauer is a mistake. If he gives the team anything, it's a bonus.

You have a good half a season to assess Sauer's progress before you really have to make a move.

Rangers Fail 08-08-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 53390079)
I care more about the playoffs too, don't get me wrong. But do you really thinks that if Stu Bickel has a season like 11/12 where he outplayed other 6/7th d-men Eminger and Woywitka, Torts will still give him five minute playoff games?

I'm not arguing that Bickel should be our 6D for 82 regular season games plus playoffs, I'm arguing he's serviceable and it won't really hurt us if he is.

If they get someone better, I'm all for it.

I'm in the group that thinks its necessary he is upgraded before the playoffs. He can play on opening night, but I at least would expect Glen would make a deadline trade to upgrade Sad Stu.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-08-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthefrowner (Post 53390525)
You have a good half a season to assess Sauer's progress before you really have to make a move.

Not sure what you mean. How do you have a half season when you have no idea when Sauer is coming back?

Bleed Ranger Blue 08-08-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat (Post 53388523)
I care more about what happens in the playoffs, and his ice time dropped to 5:09 in the playoffs. His shifts per game went from 13.5 a game to 6.6. It's great that Torts trusts Stu when we're playing against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it was clear that Sad Stu was not helping much at any point in the playoffs.

For all the uproar about Brian Boyle being the 3C, I've heard very little about heading into the season with Stu Bickel entrenched as the #6 D-man. That is a far weaker link.

Vitto79 08-08-2012 04:48 PM

C- Richards, Stepan, Boyle, Halpern
LW-Nash, Kreider, Hagelin, Rupp
RW- Gaborik, Callahan, Pyatt, Asham
G- Lundqvist, Biron
LD- Staal, McDonaugh, Del Zotto
RD- Girardi, Sauer, Stralman
Spares- Bickel, battle for 2 spots with the below AHL bodies. Maybe sign a cheap vet D incase Sauer is not ready. one of the F below is a spare, likely Haley at this point.

AHL call ups:
F- Miller, Thomas, Hrvik, Newbury, Haley, Segal, Kolarik, Bourque, Yogan
D- Vernance, Pyett, Collins, Parlett
G- Talbot

Bleed Ranger Blue 08-08-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 53390851)
Not sure what you mean. How do you have a half season when you have no idea when Sauer is coming back?

I have to think the Rangers organization is operating under the assumption that Sauer isnt coming back.

If he does, great.

frankthefrowner 08-08-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 53390851)
Not sure what you mean. How do you have a half season when you have no idea when Sauer is coming back?

You have the trade deadline imo to see if Sauer comes back or not. You can easily add a dman at that point. We can survive with Disco Stu in the regular season.

donpaulo 08-10-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 53385449)
Expecting anything from Sauer is a mistake. If he gives the team anything, it's a bonus.

This is probably the safest and best assumption a Rangers fan can make at this point in Sauer's career.

If the guy comes back and can be in shape (like Staal did) by the 2nd season its going to be a huge bonus for NYR in the playoffs

but he is a non factor at this point

eco's bones 08-10-2012 06:53 AM

On Sauer--It would be nice if he could come back and play the way he is capable but I agree we shouldn't bank on it.

As for Bickel--there's an assumption here that he is what he is and is incapable of getting better. I think he has relatively limited upside but that doesn't mean he won't improve off of last season at all. He's still a relatively young guy and I'd expect some improvement. How much improvement? is more the question because it may or may not be enough. Right now the 6th D spot is a bit of a weak link but comparatively to at least most of the rest of the league if that's all you're worrying about you're in pretty good shape. If Bickel doesn't improve enough we can always look to bring someone else in.

pld459666 08-10-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully61 (Post 53383221)
I'm just wondering what your current depth chart is looking like with your current roster? I don't get to watch the Rangers enough as I don't have NHL live or anything and am from Michigan.

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt
Rupp - Halpern - Asham
Xtra Forward - Newbury, Haley

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - Sauer
Xtra Defence - Bickel

Lundqvist
Biron

jskramer83 08-10-2012 09:36 AM

I thought Taylor Pyatt only played Left Wing, seems like everyone has him on the right side is he able to switch sides effectively?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.