HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1243383)

Leafs For Life* 08-08-2012 02:45 PM

RNH+Jones for Myers+Enroth?

I know neither team wants to trade their young stars away, but basing it off of Eklund, albeit 99% not a true rumor, still opens some discussion. What do you think?

Notice: This is a Value of, not a Proposal so it is not being made as a realistic scenario, as each team would be filling a big hole but opening another.

Mr V 08-08-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 53389805)
I know neither team wants to trade their young stars away, but basing it off of Eklund, albeit 99% not a true rumor, still opens some discussion. What do you think?

Notice: This is a Value of, not a Proposal so it is not being made as a realistic scenario, as each team would be filling a big hole but opening another.

There is no way Edmonton is trading their #1 center. The value of RNH to the Oil is way above the proposed trade.

VegasSabreFan 08-08-2012 02:49 PM

Doesn't make sense for Buffalo. If they make the trade the only experienced defensemen they have signed beyond this year are Ehrhoff and Sekera. And while they don't have anyone as skilled as RNH in the system, they are well stocked with young top 6 centers in Hodgson, Ennis, Grigorenko and Girgensons. They need a veteran stopgap center, and to keep Myers, not RNH.

TyKace 08-08-2012 02:50 PM

Something is going to happen between these two in the next few days ... But I see it being ...

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

(Either combo would work I think)

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi

VegasSabreFan 08-08-2012 02:53 PM

After reading the Eklund article, I don't know why you even considered the rumor to me RNH and Myers.

My first thought was Gagner and Magnus for Sekera and Enroth.

Not that you could trust anything Eklund writes anyway.

HiddenInLight 08-08-2012 02:53 PM

This is based off of the Eklol report saying that Buffalo and Edmonton are in serious trade talks.....

Says that Buffalo is getting "young star top 6 center and a third line young player who many feel has top six potential." for " a "significant" defenseman going to Edmonton along with a solid prospect (or possibly even Enroth)"

HiddenInLight 08-08-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan (Post 53390093)
After reading the Eklund article, I don't know why you even considered the rumor to me RNH and Myers.

My first thought was Gagner and Magnus for Sekera and Enroth.

Not that you could trust anything Eklund writes anyway.

I'm not sure that Gagner is a young star top six center as described in that article.....By that description it would be RNH or Eberle?

GordieHoweHatTrick 08-08-2012 02:54 PM

RNH will be an absolute star in the near future and Myers will be an absolute rock on the back-end soon too but there's not reason for these two teams to make this deal.

VegasSabreFan 08-08-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyKace (Post 53389975)
Something is going to happen between these two in the next few days ... But I see it being ...

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi

That's a yes from Buffalo for Enroth/Leopold, but I don't see why Edmonton does this.

HiddenInLight 08-08-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick (Post 53390161)
RNH will be an absolute star in the near future and Myers will be an absolute rock on the back-end soon too but there's not reason for these two teams to make this deal.

I agree.

Halpysback 08-08-2012 02:56 PM

Ryan Jones or Seth Jones?

And I'd comfortably take RNH over Myers.

SLAPSHOT723 08-08-2012 02:57 PM

There's no reason for Buffalo to do this. I think their center depth looks great now. I like all of Hodgson, Grigorenko, Girgensons, Ennis, and Adam.

Chainshot 08-08-2012 02:57 PM

No from both teams.

How about Pardy and a mid-round pick for Belanger?

Chainshot 08-08-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi

That looks reasonable. Leopold seems to be the most "replaceable" Sabres defenseman, since he is more of a catch-all than Regehr who has dedicated shutdown minutes and PK duty.

It's funny that everyone jumps to Nugent-Hopkins or Myers right off the bat, when it could very well be Gagner and Leopold. :laugh:

Fastasaurus 08-08-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 53389805)

Tough to say, Normally its harder to find a 1d as opposed to a 1c, That being said I dont see myers as a 1d. but Edmonton needs d more than a 1c. I probably dont do it from either team though.

Rivet52 08-08-2012 03:03 PM

Value might be there, although it'd take extreme overpayment to get RNH and he's as close to untouchable as you can get but it doesn't really make sense for either team. Why would the Oilers trade RNH? The Sabres have Hodgson and Ennis, as well as Grigorenko and Girgensons in the pipeline. We'd be much more content in seeing our young centers develop than trading for another great young center. RNH is the real deal, but we'd then be losing Myers and we'd have a ton of young top-six centers with great potential. If the Oilers traded RNH, Sam Gagner becomes their first line center.

Quote:

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi

What makes you so sure something will happen between these two in the next few days? I don't believe there will be much activity at all, much less having to do with Buffalo, who already made a big trade this offseason. As for the proposal, Regehr is out of the picture. I might do Enroth + Leopold or Pysyk + Leopold but if we lose Enroth, we're out a backup goalie, with very slim options left in free agency.

HiddenInLight 08-08-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 53390521)
Value might be there, although it'd take extreme overpayment to get RNH and he's as close to untouchable as you can get but it doesn't really make sense for either team. Why would the Oilers trade RNH? The Sabres have Hodgson and Ennis, as well as Grigorenko and Girgensons in the pipeline. We'd be much more content in seeing our young centers develop than trading for another great young center. RNH is the real deal, but we'd then be losing Myers and we'd have a ton of young top-six centers with great potential. If the Oilers traded RNH, Sam Gagner becomes their first line center.

What makes you so sure something will happen between these two in the next few days? I don't believe there will be much activity at all, much less having to do with Buffalo, who already made a big trade this offseason. As for the proposal, Regehr is out of the picture. I might do Enroth + Leopold or Pysyk + Leopold but if we lose Enroth, we're out a backup goalie, with very slim options left in free agency.

Eklol put it in a report....he is just following that I believe....that was the source for this thread.

MPStoEberletoHall 08-08-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

To EDM :

Enroth/Pysyk
and
Leopold/Regehr

To BUF :

Gagner
and
Paajarvi

hmmm I think Edm passes. Paajarvi and Lander will be a part of a veryt solid 3rd line for many years

TyKace 08-08-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 53390521)

Buffalo has made it very clear they want to add ... They've been in the midst of a lot of rumours next too The Flyers. They have been pursuing Doan and Ryan for sometime now and nothing seems to be coming out of it, so why not look for Gagner and/or Paajarvi??

If Enroth ends up being part of this deal then they can always bring back Hasek to backup Miller. Hahaha

LaLaLand 08-08-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan (Post 53389967)
Doesn't make sense for Buffalo. If they make the trade the only experienced defensemen they have signed beyond this year are Ehrhoff and Sekera. And while they don't have anyone as skilled as RNH in the system, they are well stocked with young top 6 centers in Hodgson, Ennis, Grigorenko and Girgensons. They need a veteran stopgap center, and to keep Myers, not RNH.

this

InfinityIggy 08-08-2012 03:25 PM

In terms of team building, this helps Edmonton but I think RNH is pretty much untouchable.

I think Edmonton would be more inclined to include Hall, even then I just don't see them wanting to give up one of their Big 4 forwards.

For Buffalo, this doesn't make a lot of sense either. They lose their top d-man, backup goaltender to add to a position where they are already pretty stacked.

HiddenInLight 08-08-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 53391369)
In terms of team building, this helps Edmonton but I think RNH is pretty much untouchable.

I think Edmonton would be more inclined to include Hall, even then I just don't see them wanting to give up one of their Big 4 forwards.

For Buffalo, this doesn't make a lot of sense either. They lose their top d-man, backup goaltender to add to a position where they are already pretty stacked.

II 99% agree with you, except that after the draft darcy said something along the lines of "I'd rather have way too many talented centers, and be forced to play some on the wing, then too many talented wingers, and be forced to play them at center." Not exact words but something along those lines.

Turrican* 08-08-2012 03:29 PM

Eklund has got us talking again!
The man is a genius.

deckercky 08-08-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 53391369)

Agreed. Edmonton still has a hole down the middle to fill, so RNH going anywhere is crazy. If the value is right, it's possible that Hall or Yakupov get moved though.

pigpen65 08-08-2012 03:31 PM

The 3rd post in this thread killed it. Buffalo needs a vet center. RNH would be awesome, but it makes 0 sense.