HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   CBJ Board Summer '12 Prospect Rankings: #12 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1243741)

Samkow 08-09-2012 09:45 AM

CBJ Board Summer '12 Prospect Rankings: #12

Results so Far
RankPlayerPosition
#1Ryan MurrayD
#2Cam AtkinsonRW
#3Tim ErixonD
#4David SavardD
#5Boone JennerC
#6Oscar DanskG
#7Matt CalvertLW
#8Michael ChaputC
#9Tomas KubalikRW
#10(T)Anton ForsbergG
#10(T)Cody GoloubefD

Added: Mike Reilly, Will Weber

Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll. This poll will be open 24 hours.

This uses HF Criteria, hence why some players have spent time in the NHL.

Forwards
Seth Ambroz
Josh Anderson
Sean Collins
Olivier Gabriel
Jake Hansen
Kevin Lynch
Maksim Mayorov
Lukas Sedlak
Dalton Smith
Daniel Zaar

Defense
Anton Blomqvist
Gianluca Curcuruto
Thomas Larkin
Austin Madiasky
Drew Olson
Dalton Prout
Theo Ruth

Goaltenders
Martin Ouellette
Allen York

Add
York: 6
Madaisky: 4
Zaar: 3
Anderson: 2
Sedlak: 2
Prout: 1

As of Rdresen

Samkow 08-09-2012 09:47 AM

Voted JAM

Add Sedlak

CBJBrassard16 08-09-2012 10:10 AM

Tynan add York

Xoggz22 08-09-2012 10:17 AM

Reilly, add Zaar

On a side note, probably a homer, but I really like our prospect pool for some reason. I look at the group and while there aren't many "homerun" potential guys, there seems to be serious depth with top 4 dmen and 2/3 forwards and, finally, goaltending. I'm higher on Reilly than most but when he's not in our top 10 and scouts mention he has all the goods to be a really good top 4 offensive dman with wheels and a hockey IQ I get excited. He has some weight gain to go but last I heard he was up to 6'1" and 175# or so. that's so much better.

It would sure be nice to land some high end skill guys or make a trade.

Double-Shift Lassť 08-09-2012 10:19 AM

Reilly, add Prout

gojackets1 08-09-2012 10:21 AM

Add Madaisky.

1857 Howitzer 08-09-2012 10:43 AM

Voted JAM, add York

ndd17 08-09-2012 11:02 AM

Voted Audy-M, add York.
Samkow, please, add my votes by hand.

Hipster Letestu 08-09-2012 11:07 AM

JAM

Add Madaisky

Fro 08-09-2012 11:11 AM

Reilly add Madaisky

JacketsFanWest 08-09-2012 11:16 AM

Joining the Reilly hype train

Add: Sedlak

Ludicrous Speed 08-09-2012 11:24 AM

Tynan, add Zaar.

candyman82 08-09-2012 12:50 PM

JAM add York

CBJFan827 08-09-2012 01:25 PM

Tynan, add Lynch

Sore Loser 08-09-2012 01:38 PM

Tynan, add Josh Anderson. No sarcasm here, I like the kid.

Sore Loser 08-09-2012 01:44 PM

The problem I have with the recent mancrush on Mike Reilly is that it's coming in the middle of the summer. You know, when hockey isn't being played. I really like the kid, but shouldn't everyone at least wait until he plays some NCAA hockey to formulate some higher opinions?

I'm not trying to sway the votes in any other direction, but up until the recent interview with him that was posted (along with his statistics), nobody was mentioning him at all. I'm a big fan of Reilly's, but I have seen him play quite a bit, and I think we definitely have him in the right range.

Would anyone be up to giving me a reason why they're voting for Reilly?

TaketheCannoli 08-09-2012 02:22 PM

votes Tynan, please add York

Double-Shift Lassť 08-09-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sore Loser (Post 53420615)
The problem I have with the recent mancrush on Mike Reilly is that it's coming in the middle of the summer. You know, when hockey isn't being played. I really like the kid, but shouldn't everyone at least wait until he plays some NCAA hockey to formulate some higher opinions?

I'm not trying to sway the votes in any other direction, but up until the recent interview with him that was posted (along with his statistics), nobody was mentioning him at all. I'm a big fan of Reilly's, but I have seen him play quite a bit, and I think we definitely have him in the right range.

Personally, I'm doing it to eff with the rankings.

No seriously. I mean, I know who these guys are, and I've done some cursory (or, in some cases, super-cursory) investigation, but once we got past about 5-7 the order of them becomes totally meaningless to me. But it's fun as hell and this is America, so no one can take my vote away.

Fro 08-09-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

as i said in the other thread, its that he plays in such a lower league, its hard to judge his insane stats...this year will be more telling once he gets settled in at Minnesota. The kid has skills, and for me second ten prospect skills for now...next year i feel he'll be well inside the top 10...

Viqsi 08-09-2012 02:39 PM

Tynan, add York.

Today's poster being set on fire for not voting Tynan is Hipster Letestu.
http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/o/onfire.gif

(losing out on a three-way tie by two votes and seeing him trailing in the following is what prompts it, in case you're wondering.)

EDIT: In case anyone cares, here's my list (being updated as fools reveal their foolishness the poll results come in):
http://nwcs.com/~jvc/haqi/2012summerprospectranking.txt

I also have my historical lists (similarly tracked) for 2011, 2010, and 2009.
Internet Polls... srs bizness.

Nikita Filatov 08-09-2012 02:53 PM

Add madayskey

Xoggz22 08-09-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Since I'm big on the hype train, I've watch him play a few games in Penticton and the two development camps. In development camp against better competition he simply seems to remain smooth and his hockey IQ is very high. His size was the question his draft year (Still is to a degree) but he shot up like Johansen. As I recall he grew 6" his draft year and didn't lose a step. it's weight that he needs to add.

Slick with the puck, excellent skater (not Moore or Murray good but very good), high hockey IQ and if it's true that he now stands 6'1" then he has the frame for a NHL defenseman (minus the weight - I think I saw 175# lately ???)

JacketsFanWest 08-09-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

How well he's doing in Team USA's camp right now. He's been able to handle the transition from Junior A to playing with top prospects. I expect him to be able to do the same going into the NCAA and he has a chance to make the US U20 team.

CBJBrassard16 08-09-2012 04:38 PM

Lol, jam is going to win.

CBJBrassard16 08-09-2012 04:39 PM

People are also riding the Reilly hype train early. I want to see his production in college before getting my hopes up