HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect #7 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1243909)

The Zetterberg Era 08-09-2012 03:52 PM

Detroit Red Wings Prospect #7
 
1.) Brendan Smith - D, 6'1" 198 lbs: Mimico, ON, CAN 72.73%
2.) Gustav Nyquist - RW/LW, 5'11" 185 lbs: Halmstad, SWE 68.75%
3.) Calle Järnkrok - C, 6'0" 176 lbs: Gävle, SWE 72.73%
4.) Tomáš Tatar - LW/RW, 5'10" 186 lbs: Ilava, SVK 44.44%
5.) Tomas Jurco - RW, 6'2" 187 lbs: Kosice, SVK 65.85%
6.) Riley Sheahan - C, 6'2" 223 lbs: St. Catharines, ON, CAN 27.78% 56.47% in runoff with Pulkkinen

With about a half hour Sheahan has enough of a lead I feel comfortable calling it. Almqvist is the add this round. I will leave this open for two days again if Pulkkinen or someone else gets far enough out in front to call it, then we can move on earlier. But I will always wait at least 24 hours so everyone has a chance around the world given time differences to vote.

Frk It 08-09-2012 03:57 PM

Went with Ouellet, I think he is our best defensive prospect after Smith.

The Zetterberg Era 08-09-2012 03:57 PM

Voted Ouellet, think we should add Louis-Marc Aubry

Really like how Ouellet plays reminds me of Vlasic out in San Jose. Guy is very good positionally and I think is our most ready D prospect after Smith graduates this season.

ricky0034 08-09-2012 04:07 PM

Mrazek

SoupNazi 08-09-2012 04:13 PM

Pulks.

ChadS 08-09-2012 04:14 PM

Going with Mrazek again, like at #6.

Eternal Sunshine 08-09-2012 04:25 PM

ew@Sheahan being #6.

Mrazek again.

Wolverine Wings 08-09-2012 04:39 PM

Sheahan too high for me.....

Went with Ouellet again, for the same reasons.

Hmm..... now I think Louis Marc-Aubrey should be added. Nice big centerman with good skills and vision.

FabricDetails 08-09-2012 04:42 PM

Ouellet

Kronwalled55 08-09-2012 04:49 PM

What exactly are we basing this off of anymore? Sheahan is likely a physical 3rd liner at best (Nothing wrong with that, but why is he really ranked so high then? Higher probability of him fulfilling his role?) Ouellet and Pulks have shown more and have the higher potential.

The Zetterberg Era 08-09-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 (Post 53428913)
What exactly are we basing this off of anymore? Sheahan is likely a physical 3rd liner at best (Nothing wrong with that, but why is he really ranked so high then? Higher probability of him fulfilling his role?) Ouellet and Pulks have shown more and have the higher potential.

I don't know Sheahan is also unique in that he is 6'2" 223lbs. If he winds up north of 230 with the way he skates that is something we don't really have. He plays a position without a lot of competition in the pipeline. He also looks NHL ready defensively which is generally the area that stalls getting early looks, it is what has held Tatar back and allowed Nyquist to jump him.

To date his potential is still top 6 for some of us. That is the point of a poll clearly some of us believe in him. I wouldn't put Pulkkinen in my top 10 so when I get outvoted sometime in the next couple rounds it will just mean I have a different viewpoint. You don't have to like Sheahan but there are clearly parts of our fanbase that still believe in the kid and I am among them.

I do think it is interesting with the amount of heat he has taken that his name is never trotted out in trade discussions. It at least appears to me that the bulk of people want to see what his offense is in the AHL and are afraid to trade him before that.

Vatican Roulette 08-09-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 53426835)
Voted Ouellet, think we should add Louis-Marc Aubry

Really like how Ouellet plays reminds me of Vlasic out in San Jose. Guy is very good positionally and I think is our most ready D prospect after Smith graduates this season.

I'm the guy who keeps picking Jensen.

Bold: Completely agree.

Vatican Roulette 08-09-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 (Post 53428913)
What exactly are we basing this off of anymore? Sheahan is likely a physical 3rd liner at best (Nothing wrong with that, but why is he really ranked so high then? Higher probability of him fulfilling his role?) Ouellet and Pulks have shown more and have the higher potential.

Same way Patrice Comrier is ranked high by his org.

If people were basing it just on the potential, than Pulkkinen is #1.

In reality, he's lower, because his potential is hard to reach.

Frk It 08-09-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette (Post 53429373)
Same way Patrice Comrier is ranked high by his org.

If people were basing it just on the potential, than Pulkkinen is #1.

In reality, he's lower, because his potential is hard to reach.

Jarnkrok and Jurco have the highest potential, in my opinion.

Vatican Roulette 08-09-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 53429217)
I do think it is interesting with the amount of heat he has taken that his name is never trotted out in trade discussions. It at least appears to me that the bulk of people want to see what his offense is in the AHL and are afraid to trade him before that.


I think it has more to do with people not thinking other teams would want him.

Vatican Roulette 08-09-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 53429425)
Jarnkrok and Jurco have the highest potential, in my opinion.

Not a bad opinion to have. It could be argued, but there really isn't a point. Any one of them could be stars.

Plus, they're all Detroit prospects so it's moot, and I'm ok with that.:nod:

The Zetterberg Era 08-09-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette (Post 53429249)
I'm the guy who keeps picking Jensen.

Bold: Completely agree.

I know that, I am pretty high on Jensen as well, just have a couple guys still on the board in front of him. Man can that kid skate though. Reminds me a whole lot of one of the famous alumni from his University in Bret Hedican. Probably has a little more offensive capabilities than Hedican even. Will be interesting to see if he can better his scoring mark from his junior season Hedican posted 48 points that year. Think Jensen will be above a point a game this coming season.

jaster 08-09-2012 05:10 PM

Some order of Andersson, Sproul, and Mrazek should be the next 3 imo, but I may just vote for Ouellet (whom I'd put at #10) to help make sure Pulkkinen (whom I'd put at #12) doesn't win this round. Is that kosher? :)

The Zetterberg Era 08-09-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette (Post 53429493)
I think it has more to do with people not thinking other teams would want him.

You would have to think Calgary would be very interested in these JayBo discussions. Also remember when we talked about chasing Stafford or Roy and it is known Buffalo really likes him, people seemed hesitant to throw his name in back then.

I was just pointing out even the people who only see him as a good depth guy, don't seem nearly as committed when it comes time to say he will never reach the top 6 and dump him in a trade.

Vatican Roulette 08-09-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 53429675)
Some order of Andersson, Sproul, and Mrazek should be the next 3 imo, but I may just vote for Ouellet (whom I'd put at #10) to help make sure Pulkkinen (whom I'd put at #12) doesn't win this round. Is that kosher? :)

About as

http://www.theblindcook.com/wp-conte...orton_salt.jpg

as this.

The Zetterberg Era 08-09-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 53429675)
Some order of Andersson, Sproul, and Mrazek should be the next 3 imo, but I may just vote for Ouellet (whom I'd put at #10) to help make sure Pulkkinen (whom I'd put at #12) doesn't win this round. Is that kosher? :)

That is one strategy. I know hopefully after Ouellet and Mrazek go off the board I will probably end up voting for Sproul to keep Pulkkinen out. Even though I am higher on Tvrdon and Jensen at that point.

Vatican Roulette 08-09-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 53429707)
You would have to think Calgary would be very interested in these JayBo discussions. Also remember when we talked about chasing Stafford or Roy and it is known Buffalo really likes him, people seemed hesitant to throw his name in back then.

I was just pointing out even the people who only see him as a good depth guy, don't seem nearly as committed when it comes time to say he will never reach the top 6 and dump him in a trade.

OK, I get where you're coming from. I personally am neither high or low on the guy. If he exceeds expectations great. If he doesn't and ends up a 4th liner, than he's still a large 4th liner that can skate and play defensive hockey.

Soft Rock Renegade 08-09-2012 05:31 PM

glad to see oullet has the early lead here ... seems like most of the folks voted sheahan last round are not high on pulks at all.

still have mrazek, sproul, frk ahead of pulks. if any of those guys were in another teams system, i would trake pulks for him. perhaps trade value is the best way to judge these guys (take into account both ceiling and likelihood of having a career).

aubry next.

WingsMike 08-09-2012 05:39 PM

Voted for Mrazek, add Quine.

The Zetterberg Era 08-09-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette (Post 53430115)
OK, I get where you're coming from. I personally am neither high or low on the guy. If he exceeds expectations great. If he doesn't and ends up a 4th liner, than he's still a large 4th liner that can skate and play defensive hockey.

The guy is going to be a monster on the PK no matter which line he winds up on. A one two punch down the middle of Helm and Sheahan in the future on the PK will be among the leagues best.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.