HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position #3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1244339)

Inferno 08-10-2012 11:20 AM

Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position #3
 
Conference Standings AKA Power Rankings AKA Doesn't Take Playoff Seeding Into Account AKA That's what this damn poll is about AKA Please stop asking me why the Canes are ranked 5th and not 3rd
1)
2)
3)
4)Philadelphia Flyers (85.71%)
5)Carolina Hurricanes (53.90%)
6)Washington Capitals (55.46%)
7)Ottawa Senators (50.00%)
8)New Jersey Devils (57.14%)
9)Tampa Bay Lightning (41.23%)
10)Buffalo Sabres (42.86%)
11)Florida Panthers (28.47%)
12)Winnipeg Jets (38.54%)
13)Montreal Canadiens (66.04%)
14)Toronto Maple Leafs (41.18%)
15)New York Islanders (63.39%)



Division Standings:
Northeast:
1)Boston Bruins
2)Ottawa Senators
3)Buffalo Sabres
4)Montreal Canadiens
5)Toronto Maple Leafs

Atlantic:
1)TBD
2)TBD
3)Philadelphia Flyers
4)New Jersey Devils
5)New York Islanders

Southeast:
1)Carolina Hurricanes
2)Washington Capitals
3)Tampa Bay Lightning
4)Florida Panthers
5)Winnipeg Jets



Playoff Standings:
*1)
*2)
*3)Carolina Hurricanes (53.90%)
4)
5)Philadelphia Flyers (85.71%)
6)Washington Capitals (55.46%)
7)Ottawa Senators (50.00%)
8)New Jersey Devils (57.14%)
-----------------------------------------------------------
9)Tampa Bay Lightning (41.23%)
10)Buffalo Sabres (42.86%)
11)Florida Panthers (28.47%)
12)Winnipeg Jets (38.54%)
13)Montreal Canadiens (66.04%)
14)Toronto Maple Leafs (41.18%)
15)New York Islanders (63.39%)


*denotes division winner

Kane One 08-10-2012 11:22 AM

Boston.

Amazing Kreiderman 08-10-2012 11:27 AM

Boston, Rangers next, Penguins to top the conference. I like to, but I don't expect the Rangers to win back-to-back division titles.

Gardner McKay 08-10-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman (Post 53451201)
Boston, Rangers next, Penguins to top the conference. I like to, but I don't expect the Rangers to win back-to-back division titles.

Pens. Losing Michalek and staal will hurt them.

silverfish 08-10-2012 11:32 AM

Gah! voted for the Rangers, meant to hit Boston :shakehead

Rangers next, Pens #1

h0ckeyman 08-10-2012 11:36 AM

This is really a toss up. I'll pick the Rangers here, still a lot of questions as far as how Nash will do and Gabby being hurt.

Kane One 08-10-2012 11:36 AM

I'm voting for Pittsburgh next. Their defense isn't all that good, and Fleury isn't either.

New York RKY 08-10-2012 11:37 AM

I don't understand what the Pens have done that made them jump to #1 in the entire league. They may have improved their defense in the future but their team took a pretty big hit losing Staal and Michalek was lost to a defense that was already subpar.

They will be a good team, but #1 in the league? I'm not so sure.

jas 08-10-2012 11:45 AM

Pens... they'll be counting on youth on D, which lead to quite a few growing pains. Plus, Brandon Sutter is not Jordan Staal. I think that, whe the Pens have obvious firepower, both the Bruins and Rangers are more complete teams.

h0ckeyman 08-10-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 53451539)
I don't understand what the Pens have done that made them jump to #1 in the entire league. They may have improved their defense in the future but their team took a pretty big hit losing Staal and Michalek was lost to a defense that was already subpar.

They will be a good team, but #1 in the league? I'm not so sure.

This is an Eastern Conference poll, not entire NHL poll. I don't see a problem with picking them #1. If Crosby and Malkin both stay healthy(a big if), there is not better 1-2 punch in the NHL. They also have James Neal who can score an easy 30 goals. Sutter is a slight downgrade from Staal but he is no slouch himself. The top 3 could easily rearrange in anyway, but I think on paper the Pens are the favorites.

dr robbie 08-10-2012 11:47 AM

boston

New York RKY 08-10-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0ckeyman (Post 53451815)
This is an Eastern Conference poll, not entire NHL poll. I don't see a problem with picking them #1. If Crosby and Malkin both stay healthy(a big if), there is not better 1-2 punch in the NHL. They also have James Neal who can score an easy 30 goals. Sutter is a slight downgrade from Staal but he is no slouch himself. The top 3 could easily rearrange in anyway, but I think on paper the Pens are the favorites.

The are still quite a few people that picked them #1 in the league.

Offense was never the issue for them. Losing Staal does hurt their offense but it also hurt their PK and defense just as much. Their defense and goaltending was always the issue for them and they got worse in the defensive side of the game in the short term.

They'll be a top 3-4 team in the league because of Crosby and Malkin and Letang but I don't think they're the best team in the league.

h0ckeyman 08-10-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 53451931)
The are still quite a few people that picked them #1 in the league.

Offense was never the issue for them. Losing Staal does hurt their offense but it also hurt their PK and defense just as much. Their defense and goaltending was always the issue for them and they got worse in the defensive side of the game in the short term.

They'll be a top 3-4 team in the league because of Crosby and Malkin and Letang but I don't think they're the best team in the league.

I agree on the notion that they will not be #1 in the NHL, but I am picking them as #1 in the Eastern conf.

Also, I disagree that their PK will suffer because of losing Staal. Sutter is just as good defensively.

Losing Michalek will hurt them but not enough to move them off the top spot in the east IMO.

GregSirico 08-10-2012 11:55 AM

Boston, but the top 3 seeds are so close.

Cynical TyranT 08-10-2012 12:39 PM

Pens. Those losses are gonna hurt more than people think... and one of Malkin or Crosby is nearly due to miss like 15 games it seems.

Aside from that, kinda medicore D and Ive never been a believer in Fleury.

Inferno 08-10-2012 12:43 PM

i think the rangers are better than both of these teams to be honest...and the gap, when Gabby is healthy, is pretty significant (just my opinion).

i think the pens are better than bawstun, but its REAL close.

Net Front Presence 08-10-2012 12:59 PM

Boston.

ImIdaho 08-10-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 53451931)
They'll be a top 3-4 team in the league because of Crosby and Malkin and Letang but I don't think they're the best team in the league.

Don't forget Neal.

KingWantsCup 08-10-2012 03:50 PM

Boston.

KingWantsCup 08-10-2012 03:52 PM

Make the final poll the anticipation is killing me. :D

Machinehead 08-10-2012 03:54 PM

Get trampled in the first round; get worse in the offseason; become best team in the conference.

Only in Pittsburgh :laugh:

Voted for them but they shouldn't even be this high.

Ail 08-10-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno (Post 53453593)
i think the rangers are better than both of these teams to be honest...and the gap, when Gabby is healthy, is pretty significant (just my opinion).

i think the pens are better than bawstun, but its REAL close.

Agree completely. Any 3 of these teams COULD take the East, but on paper, to me, the Rangers are the favorite in the East when 100% healthy.

Edit: I think some people are just afraid to look like homers. I don't see how picking the Rangers for #1 in the East at this point is in any way subjective, or biased.

RGY 08-10-2012 05:41 PM

It's mind boggling that with the penguins weak defense and weak depth offensively that they are going to be ahead of the bruins and possibly the rangers according to some fans in this thread. Heck they shouldn't even be ahead of Philly.

Kershaw 08-10-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGY (Post 53463697)
It's mind boggling that with the penguins weak defense and weak depth offensively that they are going to be ahead of the bruins and possibly the rangers according to some fans in this thread. Heck they shouldn't even be ahead of Philly.

They have the two best players in the world, an elite PMD and good(not great) goaltending along with great role players (Cooke, Kennedy, Dupuis, Neal). I expect them to win the division next yr.

Clowes Line 08-10-2012 05:46 PM

This is done. Next thread please.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.