HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto - Colorado (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1244415)

Patmac40 08-10-2012 01:32 PM

Toronto - Colorado

To Tor:
Paul Stastny
3rd or 4th Round Pick

To Col:
Clarke MacArthur
Tyler Bozak
Maybe a conditional pick here to sweeten the pot

This has probably been proposed or at least something similar so if it has, I apologize. I've heard Stastny's name a lot as far as leaving the Avs.

It would give the leafs a centre that can play on the first line (even though I'm sure Bozak would do a good job) and it gives the Avs Bozak who can play under Duchene and O'Reilly plus a left winger which is a position they could use some depth on who could be interchangeable with Jamie McGinn (or whoever else) on either the 2nd or 3rd line.

Leafs would end up looking similar to this:

Joffrey Lupul-Paul Stastny-Phil Kessel
JVR-Mikhail Grabovski-Kulemin/Kadri
Kadri/Kulemin-Jay McClement-Matt Frattin
Komarov/Orr-David Steckel-Brown/Orr

Go easy on me fellas, first time doing this. I'm interested to see constructive feedback and tweaks. Giv'r.

BlamBlam 08-10-2012 01:33 PM

Good deal. Totally fair for both teams involved. Now I'm going to take my meds.

ChibiPooky 08-10-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patmac40 (Post 53455257)
To Tor:
Paul Stastny
3rd or 4th Round Pick

To Col:
Clarke MacArthur
Tyler Bozak
Maybe a conditional pick here to sweeten the pot

This has probably been proposed or at least something similar so if it has, I apologize. I've heard Stastny's name a lot as far as leaving the Avs.

It would give the leafs a centre that can play on the first line (even though I'm sure Bozak would do a good job) and it gives the Avs Bozak would can play under Duchene and O'Reilly plus a left winger which is a position they could use some depth on who could be interchangeable with Jamie McGinn (or whoever else) on either the 2nd or 3rd line.

Leafs would end up looking similar to this:

Joffrey Lupul Paul Stastny Phil Kessel
JVR Mikhail Grabovski Kulemin/Kadri
Kadri/Kulemin Jay McClement Matt Frattin
Komarov/Orr David Steckel Brown/Orr

Go easy on me fellas, first time doing this. I'm interested to see constructive feedback and tweaks. Giv'r.

Unfortunately for you, this has been way overplayed. Nobody is going to go easy on you because of the others who came before (Stastny to TOR threads happen at least once a week).

Patmac40 08-10-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiPooky (Post 53455361)
Unfortunately for you, this has been way overplayed. Nobody is going to go easy on you because of the others who came before (Stastny to TOR threads happen at least once a week).

Kind of had that feeling. Oh well, I took a shot.

Alexander Baigle 08-10-2012 01:38 PM

Robbery!

Counteroffer: 2013 1st, Clarke Macarthur, Joe Colborne/Cody Franson

All the typical leaf trading pieces, but I think it's a solid deal.

Ellipson 08-10-2012 01:39 PM

I think Komisarek has to be coming back in any trade for Stastny. The Avs can throw in O'Reilly to make this happen since he clearly doesn't want to be in Denver.

Also this:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2542/bozak2nd.gif

Belak Attack 08-10-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellipson (Post 53455497)
I think Komisarek has to be coming back in any trade for Stastny. The Avs can throw in O'Reilly to make this happen since he clearly doesn't want to be in Denver.

Also this:

That's pretty awesome. :laugh:

As much as the OP's proposal is sad, I still really like and want Stastny.

What would COLORADO want from the Leafs for him?

I don't think we're the best of trading partners, but curious nonetheless.

Whydidijoin* 08-10-2012 01:42 PM

I don't think Stastny gets a big return due to the contract and recent years, but I think he returns more than that, coming from a Toronto fan.

I'm also not convinced that Colorado wants to trade him.

416Leafer 08-10-2012 01:46 PM

Bozak cannot be the centrepiece in a deal to get Stastny....

Bozak/MacArthur could literally disappear off our roster tomorrow, and we may not even be a worse team for it. Kadri/JVR/Frattin/Connolly could battle it out between them to fill their spots just as effectively.

What does that say about their trade value? One of Kadri or Gardiner would definitely have to be included IMO to get Stastny.

smack66 08-10-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellipson (Post 53455497)

Also this:

nicely done..

Patmac40 08-10-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belak Attack (Post 53455595)
That's pretty awesome. :laugh:

As much as the OP's proposal is sad, I still really like and want Stastny.

What would COLORADO want from the Leafs for him?

I don't think we're the best of trading partners, but curious nonetheless.

I don't really see how it's sad, I was just going off relative need/want for both teams. Leafs want a guy that can be a true 1st line center and it seems that Stastny would fit that bill. Once/if O'Reilly is signed, they have their top 2 centers locked and what would they need after that? Maybe a guy like Bozak who can play a good 3rd line role for them. And they don't have great depth on LW while the leafs are jammed on the wings and acquired a LW already. So MacArthur is traded there for that reason. I threw in a cond. pick just because I didn't know what else to add going to COL but I knew it wasn't enough yet. Maybe adding a guy like Komisarek there would be a better idea.

Leafs For Life* 08-10-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patmac40 (Post 53455433)
Kind of had that feeling. Oh well, I took a shot.

Usually you have to show the other team's roster in proposals.

Belak Attack 08-10-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patmac40 (Post 53455885)
I don't really see how it's sad, I was just going off relative need/want for both teams. Leafs want a guy that can be a true 1st line center and it seems that Stastny would fit that bill. Once/if O'Reilly is signed, they have their top 2 centers locked and what would they need after that? Maybe a guy like Bozak who can play a good 3rd line role for them. And they don't have great depth on LW while the leafs are jammed on the wings and acquired a LW already. So MacArthur is traded there for that reason. I threw in a cond. pick just because I didn't know what else to add going to COL but I knew it wasn't enough yet.

Need and value are two different things though.

We've been on about a #1 C for years. I don't see how we'd be able to snag one for Mac and Bozak.. Mac's a good/decent 2nd line player, Bozak is a good/decent 3rd line Center that can move up if need be (injuries, someone in the doghouse, etc.)

The value's just not there.

Leafs For Life* 08-10-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patmac40 (Post 53455885)
I don't really see how it's sad, I was just going off relative need/want for both teams. Leafs want a guy that can be a true 1st line center and it seems that Stastny would fit that bill. Once/if O'Reilly is signed, they have their top 2 centers locked and what would they need after that? Maybe a guy like Bozak who can play a good 3rd line role for them. And they don't have great depth on LW while the leafs are jammed on the wings and acquired a LW already. So MacArthur is traded there for that reason. I threw in a cond. pick just because I didn't know what else to add going to COL but I knew it wasn't enough yet. Maybe adding a guy like Komisarek there would be a better idea.

They would want a better winger, and Avs fans are beast at sarcasm. You better be joking about Komi.:)

Razor29 08-10-2012 01:58 PM

So our first line center for some 3rd liners.. again?

Not even going to bother being sarcastic or commenting on Stastny to Toronto threads anymore.

Patmac40 08-10-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belak Attack (Post 53456003)
Need and value are two different things though.

We've been on about a #1 C for years. I don't see how we'd be able to snag one for Mac and Bozak.. Mac's a good/decent 2nd line player, Bozak is a good/decent 3rd line Center that can move up if need be (injuries, someone in the doghouse, etc.)

The value's just not there.

I completely understand what you're saying. I guess my view is, how valuable is Stastny to the Avs if they have 2 other guys who are ready to play bigger roles than what they do now? They have Stast (#1c) Duchene (#1c) and O'Reilly (#2c). So basically their younger guys are ready to jump into these roles but they have 2 guys who could be 1st line centers. So this seems like it would hurt Stastny's value from a Colorado POV and his cap hit is bigger than Duchene's so that doesn't help either.

I get what I offered might not quite be enough, but I just don't think it's too far off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 53456213)
They would want a better winger, and Avs fans are beast at sarcasm. You better be joking about Komi.:)

Don't worry I was kidding about Komi, I wouldn't wish that on another team.

Belak Attack 08-10-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patmac40 (Post 53456307)
I completely understand what you're saying. I guess my view is, how valuable is Stastny to the Avs if they have 2 other guys who are ready to play bigger roles than what they do now? They have Stast (#1c) Duchene (#1c) and O'Reilly (#2c). So basically their younger guys are ready to jump into these roles but they have 2 guys who could be 1st line centers. So this seems like it would hurt Stastny's value from a Colorado POV and his cap hit is bigger than Duchene's so that doesn't help either.

I get what I offered might not quite be enough, but I just don't think it's too far off.

It's not a bad thing to have a log jam of good players.

Look at Pittsburgh.. Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and they didn't HAVE to trade any of them. When they did, solid return.

Colorado doesn't need, nor want to trade Stastny. And I'm sure if they were to put him out on the market, many, many teams would be calling, so you'd have to factor that in as well.

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't necessarily think we're the best of trading partners, but I still do want Stastny.

I want to know what they need, and what would be interesting from us.

Patmac40 08-10-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belak Attack (Post 53456459)
It's not a bad thing to have a log jam of good players.

Look at Pittsburgh.. Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and they didn't HAVE to trade any of them. When they did, solid return.

Colorado doesn't need, nor want to trade Stastny. And I'm sure if they were to put him out on the market, many, many teams would be calling, so you'd have to factor that in as well.

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't necessarily think we're the best of trading partners, but I still do want Stastny.

I want to know what they need, and what would be interesting from us.

Very true. I guess as far as Pitt is concerned, they have a true 3rd line centre in Brandon Sutter now. But they had to give up Staal who wanted to play a bigger role.

I would like to see what they'd want too. And honestly I think I'm one of the few leafs fans who'd be willing to part with Kadri if that's who they wanted. A lot of people don't want to because he hasn't been given a great shot to prove himself but if we could get Stastny in that deal, I'd be all for it.

Muffin 08-10-2012 02:11 PM

Phanuef for Stastny.

Badger25 08-10-2012 02:11 PM

you'll have to include Grabo or Kulemin if you want Stas. he's worth it.

Inverted 08-10-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landeskogien (Post 53456225)
So our first line center for some 3rd liners.. again?

Not even going to bother being sarcastic or commenting on Stastny to Toronto threads anymore.

2011-12: Stastny "first line center" 21G 32A 53P in 79 GP
2011-12: Bozak "third liner" 18G 29A 47P in 73 GP

I really don't know why some Leaf fans have crush for Stastny A "first line center" whos been on the decline ever since he got this big pay cheque :laugh:

Patmac40 08-10-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger25 (Post 53456655)
you'll have to include Grabo or Kulemin if you want Stas. he's worth it.

I could probably do Kulemin in that case

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffin (Post 53456645)
Phanuef for Stastny.

Really? Even if you have guys like Siemens and Elliot coming into the mix soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by H0MER (Post 53456747)

I really don't know why some Leaf fans have crush for Stastny A "first line center" whos been on the decline ever since he got this big pay cheque :laugh:

I think it's more so his playstyle that is enticing to Leaf fans. He would seem to work well with a guy like Kessel on the wing.

Muffin 08-10-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H0MER (Post 53456747)

FYI he put up 79 points the year after his new contract. His goal scoring number has been consistent, he hasn't had a consistent good winger ever since Stewart injured his hand in a fight and was never the same again.

vanwest 08-10-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patmac40 (Post 53456307)

Even if you assume that Stastny is redundant to the Avs (which in my view he certainly isn't) why would Colorado still not try to get fair value for him. They'd shop him around to the highest bidder and not simply give him to Toronto for a low return. Stastny is a valuable trading chip for the Avs. If they decided to move him they would want the best return they could get. Bozak and MacArthur doesn't even get the Avs answering the phone.

Muffin 08-10-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patmac40 (Post 53456809)
I could probably do Kulemin in that case

Really? Even if you have guys like Siemens and Elliot coming into the mix soon?

Siemens is a few years away and Elliot is a right handed shot offensive defenseman. Most immediate need for the Avs is a LH defenseman to play with Johnson.