HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hamilton Bulldogs [2-1-0] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1244597)

Habsfan18 08-10-2012 08:33 PM

Hamilton Bulldogs [2-1-0] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013

I guess it's time for a new thread. Will be exciting as hell to watch, as the Bulldogs will likely be one of the youngest teams in the league.

Potential roster:

Peter Delmas
Cedrick Desjardins
Robert Mayer

Nathan Beaulieu
Morgan Ellis
Brendan Nash
Greg Pateryn
Frederic St. Denis
Joe Stejskal
Jarred Tinordi

Alexander Avtsin
Alain Berger
Mike Blunden
Michael Bournival
Gabriel Dumont
Brendan Gallagher
Blake Geoffrion
Kyle Hagel
Patrick Holland
Louis Leblanc
Philippe Lefebvre
Joonas Nattinen
Aaron Palushaj
Steve Quailer
Ian Schultz

Staff:

Sylvain Lefebvre
Ron Wilson
Donald Dufresne
Vincent Riendeau

HABitual Fan 08-10-2012 09:24 PM

I posted this at the end of the thread that got closed, so I will repost it here as I am curious what peoples' expectations for the Bulldogs this season are.

I am also excited to see or hear the Bulldogs games this year. That said, I think we also need to lower our expectations for the team, they will be the youngest team in the AHL by far, and don't as of now have any career AHL veterans to help carry the load and lead the way. My hope is that Darche now having seen nobody busting down his door to give him the NHL contract he wanted, will accept a salary similar to his NHL one from last year to go and be the Captain of the team. Other teams have older players that still are listed on the NHL roster that will be sent down after training camp and raise the average age of their AHL teams, The only ones I see currently for the Bulldogs are Geoffrion, Palushaj and Leblanc who are the same age as the others so will not change the average age much. Rosters are not set yet, but I found this link that hopefully will work so you can see the average age and which players are listed on the AHL teams and which are still on the NHL roster according to the site and compare the Bulldogs roster to the others.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/teams_...eID=8&sort=age

DogsFan* 08-10-2012 10:03 PM

Habs EOTP is working on our top 25 prospects for this year, featuring a bunch of players coming to the Bulldogs this year.

I just wrote a piece on Nattinen, and you can see it here:
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...oonas-nattinen

You can flip back and see pieces on Dumont, Qualier, and Pateryn.

Me and another writer will be writing for EOTP all year about the Bulldogs, should be some of the best coverage there is as I don't know of any other blog having 2 writers at the home games.

Can't wait for the season to start!

bsl 08-11-2012 09:04 AM

Question for you guys: I'm in Hong Kong, and it's looking like there won't be Habs games for a while. Are the dogs on internet radio? I think I'm going to enjoy becoming a bigger fan...

Protest the Hero 08-11-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsl (Post 53477725)
Question for you guys: I'm in Hong Kong, and it's looking like there won't be Habs games for a while. Are the dogs on internet radio? I think I'm going to enjoy becoming a bigger fan...

At least a few of us have floated the idea of getting together and ordering the Dogs games on the internet and having someone stream them.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 08-11-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsl (Post 53477725)

Ofcourse. http://www.820cham.com/

Also always check the AHL website and click the radio button.

overlords 08-11-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest the Hero (Post 53477919)
At least a few of us have floated the idea of getting together and ordering the Dogs games on the internet and having someone stream them.

Yep, I'll put it out there again. I'm all for organizing and splitting the cost of the dogs' stream and hosting it through a private justin.tv account. We would just need a good 4-5 people to participate.

Analyzer 08-11-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest the Hero (Post 53477919)

I'm not sure if it's just home games, or what, but last year (or 2 years ago) there was a thing about 100 dollars for the season.

Protest the Hero 08-11-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 53481593)
Yep, I'll put it out there again. I'm all for organizing and splitting the cost of the dogs' stream and hosting it through a private justin.tv account. We would just need a good 4-5 people to participate.

The more people that participate, the cheaper it is for everyone, so hopefully we can get even more than 4-5. I'm down for chipping in.

Thanks for volunteering to stream, that's what we were missing before.

DogsFan* 08-11-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

I would absolutely be in. Would help us write about the road games. I'm sure my partner will be in as well.

Analyzer 08-11-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

If there's no season I'd be in.

overlords 08-11-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogsFan (Post 53487793)
I would absolutely be in. Would help us write about the road games. I'm sure my partner will be in as well.

I assumed you would get them all on TV! Or do you want a way to watch the games at work?

We'd work out a redundancy system as well, so that if I can't make it or stream from my end, someone else can fill in. I can also remote control my desktop with my phone, but I'd just like to make sure no one misses a game because I'm out on a hot date :sarcasm:

edit: and if anyone wants to be my guinea pig and help me get the stream up and running, that would be great.

Alexdaman 08-11-2012 11:22 PM

A part of me wants to chip in and help but another part is just too lazy for it. If this becomes reality would the stream be private or public?

overlords 08-12-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexdaman (Post 53494967)
A part of me wants to chip in and help but another part is just too lazy for it. If this becomes reality would the stream be private or public?

Definitely private.

Alexdaman 08-12-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 53496301)
Definitely private.

Guess I could chip in 10$

overlords 08-12-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexdaman (Post 53497121)
Guess I could chip in 10$

Cost would likely be split up among those interested in participating. So the more people we get, the cheaper it gets. I think it's something like 170-200 for a full season.

DogsFan* 08-12-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 53494235)
I assumed you would get them all on TV! Or do you want a way to watch the games at work?

We'd work out a redundancy system as well, so that if I can't make it or stream from my end, someone else can fill in. I can also remote control my desktop with my phone, but I'd just like to make sure no one misses a game because I'm out on a hot date :sarcasm:

edit: and if anyone wants to be my guinea pig and help me get the stream up and running, that would be great.

The Bulldogs have no local TV deal in place unfortunately. The only way to see any games is CBC, SNet, or the odd Cable 14 local channel broadcast. Still rare.

overlords 08-12-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogsFan (Post 53497433)
The Bulldogs have no local TV deal in place unfortunately. The only way to see any games is CBC, SNet, or the odd Cable 14 local channel broadcast. Still rare.

That blows. Seems we would already have 3-5 ish guys interested, bringing the cost somewhere around 20-67$. Few more confirm and I can start testing my connection to see if it's viable. I'm supposed to have 16/1 which should be good enough.

DogsFan* 08-12-2012 01:10 AM

Sounds good. Keep me posted.

On second thought... can I be the one to purchase the season pass, and then I'll let you on the account to stream? Only reason I ask is so I can have access to the VOD so I can re-watch games for writing articles. Alternatively you could just give me a password.

overlords 08-12-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogsFan (Post 53497507)
Sounds good. Keep me posted.

Sure, and I'd advise anyone else that's interested to PM me, since we shouldn't really be shouting this from the rooftops, if you get my meaning. Feel free to refer other hf'ers that may be interested to me and I'll group PM the lot of you with any news.

VanNistelrooy 08-12-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 53489487)
If there's no season I'd be in.

+1 for me

JGRB 08-12-2012 09:49 AM

I'm in for splitting the costs.

I might be more interested in the Dogs this year than the Habs with all the influx of prospects!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 08-12-2012 12:15 PM

I'm in if there are enough people. I remember it being really expensive for a team's whole season.

MasterDecoy 08-12-2012 12:33 PM

I'm in Beijing and get all my habs games from hockeystreams.com because **** getting up at 6:30 AM to watch the games live. Still do it occasionally to **** up the GDT thread, but I like my sleep...

If the season is delayed, and I'm guessing it will be, definitely count me in for that Justintv thing. Just one question: can the streamed games be watched on demand later or only live?

Guilliam 08-12-2012 02:34 PM

It there's a lock-out, I'm in too.