HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Thoughts on Leo Komarov? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1244741)

rdawg1234 08-11-2012 03:05 AM

Thoughts on Leo Komarov?

with all this talk of other teams getting tougher with say Prust in MTL and such I feel as if we actually got a good agitator in Komarov. He's not big, but he has speed, a little bit of skill and the energy of Brown from what I hear.

What are your thoughts on him? Has anyone seen him play that can compare him to someone?

obviously he's not a top 6 guy, but could be a valuable addition to the team.

Dreakmur 08-11-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdawg1234 (Post 53476189)
with all this talk of other teams getting tougher with say Prust in MTL and such I feel as if we actually got a good agitator in Komarov. He's not big, but he has speed, a little bit of skill and the energy of Brown from what I hear.

What are your thoughts on him? Has anyone seen him play that can compare him to someone?

obviously he's not a top 6 guy, but could be a valuable addition to the team.

Ryan Hollweg without the fighting.

Predaleafs 08-11-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreakmur (Post 53476493)
Ryan Hollweg without the fighting.

You have no idea why not say it. He is Jarkko Ruutu with alittle bit more offence. Hell most likely score 5-10 goals get 20 points but will draw alot of penaltys with the way he plays.

Larcos_Unal 08-11-2012 07:59 AM

I think he'll find the NHL a little tougher to play in than Europe, wait till we play the Bruins...oh god what a mess it's gonna be.

ForSpareParts* 08-11-2012 08:19 AM

he is a non-entity.

let's hope he can be better than a non-entity/richard wallin status.

K19* 08-11-2012 08:21 AM

He'll be a Marlie IMO. Might get 10-20 games. I'm not expecting much.

Kyle Doobas 08-11-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larcos_Unal (Post 53477693)
I think he'll find the NHL a little tougher to play in than Europe, wait till we play the Bruins...oh god what a mess it's gonna be.

Apparently you missed out on him driving Chara up the wall at the World Championships :laugh:

He has a good chance to crack the fourth line out of camp IMO

GenericFan2* 08-11-2012 10:21 AM

Will likely play less than 50 games IMO, fast with some nastiness but overall nothing to get excited about. Hopefully he can put up 15ish points if he even cracks the squad. We'll probably see him in the A for a while.

pSoup 08-11-2012 10:57 AM

I'm hoping he is just a nasty pesky mofo like he seems to be. Having a somewhat skilled pest, would be great, we need more of an edge to this team, really hoping he brings that, with him and brown out there together, should def be an annoying fourth line to play agaisnt.

Does Leo have any speed?

GenericFan2* 08-11-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pSoup (Post 53479803)
I'm hoping he is just a nasty pesky mofo like he seems to be. Having a somewhat skilled pest, would be great, we need more of an edge to this team, really hoping he brings that, with him and brown out there together, should def be an annoying fourth line to play agaisnt.

Does Leo have any speed?

I think speed is what he has going for him.

thatshype 08-11-2012 11:12 AM

I have no expectations for him, really. Whatever he brings to the table will be a exceeding my expectations.

The Podium 08-11-2012 11:17 AM

Half the people in this thread have no idea who he is:laugh: 3rd/4th liner who will hit like a truck, act as a pest, draw penalties and score 20ish points who can possibly play a Steve downie type role on a second line if need-be. Hell be a fan favorite in no time

Grant 08-11-2012 11:23 AM

The real question here is this, what will Cherry think of him?

Undersized guy who plays big, Cherry loves those guys, but Komarov isn't Canadian. Will Komarov be the new Zigomanis? Tune in this Saturday to find out on Hockey Night in Canada.

Mess 08-11-2012 11:26 AM

Burke is fighting fire with fire as in a recent interview Burke stated "the rats are taking over the NHL".

Komarov is being brought in to play that role as a 4th line energizer and shift disturber..

Grant 08-11-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mess (Post 53480271)
Burke is fighting fire with fire as in a recent interview Burke stated "the rats are taking over the NHL".

Komarov is being brought in to play that role as a 4th line energizer and shift disturber..

That had crossed my mind. One of those hate them when you play them, love them when you have them things, he will have some explaining to do if Komarov makes the NHL and is a good pest.

Leaf Rocket 08-11-2012 11:29 AM

Don't know what to expect, know he is a pest but how will he adjust to the bigs is my question.

Swervin81 08-11-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Difference between pets and cheapshot artists.

SchennerandNazzie 08-11-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Im sure if he is a pest it will be well known to fight and not turtle. i have watched vids of him and he does fight but ppl have jumpwd him because of his pestiness

smoke meat pete* 08-11-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Rats are pests with no backbone. Shift disturber's are important, they just can't rely on someone else fighting their dirty work.

mooseOAK* 08-11-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke meat pete (Post 53481091)
Rats are pests with no backbone. Shift disturber's are important, they just can't rely on someone else fighting their dirty work.

He knows the difference.

Mess 08-11-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke meat pete (Post 53481091)

If fans are expecting Komarov to be Leafs new enforcer and/or lead the team in fighting majors as a results of his antagonistic antics, they're likely going to be disappointed. International hockey is not big on fighting so I'm not sure where this belief comes from that you expect Komarov to drop the gloves on regularity.

If they're expecting him to get under the other teams skin and be a constant yapper and super pest causing a disruption than they will get to see that type of player in Komarov.

smoke meat pete* 08-11-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mess (Post 53481437)
If fans are expecting Komarov to be Leafs new enforcer and/or lead the team in fighting majors as a results of his antics, they're likely going to be disappointed.

If they're expecting him to get under the other teams skin and be a constant yapper and pest causing a disruption than they will get to see that type of player in Komarov.

Yes, we know. I don't know your point.

ponder 08-11-2012 12:28 PM

From scouting reports it sounds like he can hit and agitate despite the fact that he's not particularly big, and that he'll be either a 3rd liner, 4th liner or AHLer. I'll reserve judgement until I see him play myself.

Happy Fan 08-11-2012 12:38 PM

I think he could surprise with his offence and bring 40 points, moving up to 3rd line by the end of the year.

FifthLine 08-11-2012 12:52 PM

I think a lot of people on here are under estimating Komarov. Obviously, he isn't going to be a top six guy, or a goal scorer for that matter. Think Mike Brown, with less fighting, and more skill. People act like he's gunna need all this time to adjusting playing against guys like Chara, in the world championships, he was all over Chara. People also have to realize that he isn't exactly a kid anymore. He's 26, as long as he comes over bringing that same energy and chippyness then he'll be fine.