HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Best defensive forward left in ufa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1244901)

CC321 08-11-2012 01:58 PM

Best defensive forward left in ufa
 
The UFA scene has gone quiet, but there are a lot of players still unsigned. Who is the best defensive forward still available, preferably who can also score 25+ points.

bikesbikesbikes 08-11-2012 02:02 PM

Age aside, it's Arnott.

Alivesi 08-11-2012 02:03 PM

Gilroy could probably pot up 25 points if he played a full 82 games, just hitting his prime now.

tsujimoto74 08-11-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes (Post 53483561)
Age aside, it's Arnott.

"best defensive forward". Arnott needs to play more protected minutes than most rookies do.

Kershaw 08-11-2012 02:14 PM

Dominic Moore probably.

Calad 08-11-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 53483907)
Dominic Moore probably.

Sounds about right

GatoradeG* 08-11-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alivesi (Post 53483609)
Gilroy could probably pot up 25 points if he played a full 82 games, just hitting his prime now.

Never knew he played forward.

Drew311 08-11-2012 02:21 PM

Hecht is German, so he must be good defensively.

MapleLeafs9 08-11-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 53483907)
Dominic Moore probably.

Dominic Moore is still a UFA? :/

FifthLine 08-11-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alivesi (Post 53483609)
Gilroy could probably pot up 25 points if he played a full 82 games, just hitting his prime now.

Can you read?

Rob Nieds work ethic 08-11-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes (Post 53483561)
Age aside, it's Arnott.

Not really. Arnott doesn't fit in the role as a pure defensive forward.

VegasSabreFan 08-11-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 53484081)
Hecht is German, so he must be good defensively.

Yeah but I don't think anyone will go near him with those concussions. He was also terrible at center and better suited for wing.

Alivesi 08-11-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YunelYESco (Post 53484299)
Can you read?

I read forward defenseman.. :facepalm: ... but he can play forward anyways, so I still win. :laugh:

candyman82 08-11-2012 02:37 PM

Probably Oleg Saprykin

HockeyThoughts 08-11-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatoradeG (Post 53483961)
Never knew he played forward.

Never knew he played defense.

Couturier Post 08-11-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 (Post 53484201)
Dominic Moore is still a UFA? :/

I'm not surprised. He's rapidly running out of teams to play with.

Cogburn 08-11-2012 03:17 PM

Moore and Hecht would get my vote, with the edge going to Moore in terms of straight play, but Hecht winning out because I believe he has played wing with out too much disruption in the past.

Broom of the System 08-11-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes (Post 53483561)
Age aside, it's Arnott.

I'm not sure there is a worse answer to the OP's question. Arnott is pretty darn bad defensively and super slow to boot.

bikesbikesbikes 08-11-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 53483833)
"best defensive forward". Arnott needs to play more protected minutes than most rookies do.

Disagree. Arnott is defensively sound. Especially when compared to the remaining UFA forwards... not exactly a bumper crop.

bikesbikesbikes 08-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broom of the System (Post 53485883)
I'm not sure there is a worse answer to the OP's question. Arnott is pretty darn bad defensively and super slow to boot.

Let's be honest, who else is there besides Moore capable of 25+ points and defensive capabilities? It's a limited pool. Langkow? Brunette? Dvorak? Holmstrom but he'll play for Detroit or no one..

Broom of the System 08-11-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes (Post 53486097)
Let's be honest, who else is there besides Moore capable of 25+ points and defensive capabilities? It's a limited pool. Langkow? Brunette? Dvorak? Holmstrom but he'll play for Detroit or no one..

There may not be many good choices, but Arnott is among the worst. He'll absolutely get 25+ points, but he is pretty awful defensively and slow. Holmstrom is also awful defensively, you're focusing more on the 25+ points than defensive capabilities.

Paranoid Android 08-11-2012 03:47 PM

I remember Arnott on the Preds: backcheck? Nah.. line change.

Every time :laugh:

bikesbikesbikes 08-11-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broom of the System (Post 53486251)
There may not be many good choices, but Arnott is among the worst. He'll absolutely get 25+ points, but he is pretty awful defensively and slow. Holmstrom is also awful defensively, you're focusing more on the 25+ points than defensive capabilities.

Well we don't have to agree, but I found Arnott frustrating to play against at times and that's my standpoint.

thrillhouse99 08-11-2012 03:50 PM

Doan is pretty good both ways.

Elvs 08-11-2012 03:53 PM

Hecht, Moore and Dvorak.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.