HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Three trades that turn Toronto into a legit eastern threat (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1245765)

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:42 PM

Three trades that turn Toronto into a legit eastern threat
 
I'm not a Toronto fan, so no bias here. Just thought up a way to make TO a much better team next year without losing a ton of youth.

Trade 1:
Toronto 2013 first rounder + Reimer for Jay Boumeester + Calgary midgrade prospect. Make this deal first before other improvements, Calgary accepts as the pick could be lottery and they need a younger goalie.

Trade 2:
Jake Gardiner + Toronto 2013 2nd rounder + Calgary mid-grade prospect for Bobby Ryan. Gardiner's a stud, but with Boumeester incoming and Reilly in the wings he's expendable, and Ryan is a beast and still young.

Trade 3:
Lupul + Biggs for Luongo. Vancouver is in win now mode, this provides them with a playmaking winger to play with Kes and booth, and a nice prospect too.



Top 6
Kessel - JVR - Ryan
Kadri - Grabovski - Kulemin

Top 4 D
Bouwmeester - Phaneuf
Reilly - Komisarek

Goal
Luongo
Scrivens

Marvelous Manked 08-13-2012 01:44 PM

If I were a Laughs Leafs fan I don't know if I'd make any of these deals. The second one probably, the first one maybe/probably, but certainly not the last one.

SLAPSHOT723 08-13-2012 01:44 PM

If I'm Toronto, I trade assets for a #1 center. Not more defenseman and Luongo.

Krishna 08-13-2012 01:44 PM

Anaheim says no.. They want a player who can play the #2 center spot

Skm 08-13-2012 01:45 PM

Be prepared to get shredded by Ducks and Flames fans. Personally, I think that is more than I'd offer for Bouwmeester and Ducks will want more for Ryan.

I think that is a bit too much for Luongo (more than I'd be comfortable with, anyways) and having Komisarek and Rielly in your top 4 does not spell contender to me.

Dellstrom 08-13-2012 01:47 PM

I'm sorry, but if JVR is your first line center, let alone a center, you are not that much of a threat.

Leafs For Life* 08-13-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN (Post 53535413)
I'm not a Toronto fan, so no bias here. Just thought up a way to make TO a much better team next year without losing a ton of youth.

Trade 1:
Toronto 2013 first rounder + Reimer for Jay Boumeester + Calgary midgrade prospect. Make this deal first before other improvements, Calgary accepts as the pick could be lottery and they need a younger goalie.

Trade 2:
Jake Gardiner + Toronto 2013 2nd rounder + Calgary mid-grade prospect for Bobby Ryan. Gardiner's a stud, but with Boumeester incoming and Reilly in the wings he's expendable, and Ryan is a beast and still young.

Trade 3:
Lupul + Biggs for Luongo. Vancouver is in win now mode, this provides them with a playmaking winger to play with Kes and booth, and a nice prospect too.



Top 6
Kessel - JVR - Ryan
Kadri - Grabovski - Kulemin

Top 4 D
Bouwmeester - Phaneuf
Reilly - Komisarek

Goal
Luongo
Scrivens

No to each deal, we already have a 6.5 dman and then you want to put another, and then you put Komi in the top 4? You must not know what a salary cap is because we are getting 16M back which is absurd, and then you think that we are going to trade our defensive stud+ right back from where we stole him from, and get back a good winger when that is our best position that doesn't need upgrading. Luongo is not worth what Lupul is worth to us+ our best PWF prospect.

InfinityIggy 08-13-2012 01:49 PM

Uhm, so let me get this straight. The Leafs are going to build a contender, and then the Flames trade Bouw for their 1st, because it might be a lottery pick?

What?

Either they are a lottery team or they are a contender, make up your mind. Calgary says hell no to this.

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 53535463)
If I'm Toronto, I trade assets for a #1 center. Not more defenseman and Luongo.

Sorry, legit #1 centers don't get traded.

The whote idea behind this proposal is that it turns Toronto into a threat so they can potentially attract Getlzlaf in the offseason. Plus, having Ryan helps too.

I Believe 08-13-2012 01:50 PM

I think it's too much for Luongo and not enough for Ryan. Also we should really keep our 1st rounder next year :laugh:

mightyquack 08-13-2012 01:50 PM

Anaheim laughs at Toronto

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 53535571)
No to each deal, we already have a 6.5 dman and then you want to put another, and then you put Komi in the top 4? You must not know what a salary cap is because we are getting 16


Well than Komisarek can be buried in the minors.

AtlantaWhaler 08-13-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyquack (Post 53535649)
Anaheim laughs at Toronto

Yeah...it's going to take more to land Ryan.

Thee GM 08-13-2012 01:52 PM

You are under rating Bobby Ryan!! In any potential Ryan deal a first rounder and a mid-level NHL player needs to be included. I would also think that Vancouver would want a bit more out of a Luongo deal, Lupul's still's a question mark at this point.

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 53535617)
Uhm, so let me get this straight. The Leafs are going to build a contender, and then the Flames trade Bouw for their 1st, because it might be a lottery pick?

What?

Either they are a lottery team or they are a contender, make up your mind. Calgary says hell no to this.

Please read before posting.

I clearly stated you trade for Bouwmeester first, before you turn into a playoff team with the other trades.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-13-2012 01:53 PM

I'm not going to address the value of these deals, but assuming they were made, I'm not sure they make the Leafs a legit Eastern threat.

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 53535473)
Anaheim says no.. They want a player who can play the #2 center spot

Then add Kadri and try and extract a winger from Van or Calgary.

OilerTyler 08-13-2012 01:56 PM

Calgary and Anaheim laugh at Toronto.

Vancouver takes it and runs.

Click Here 08-13-2012 01:57 PM

komisarek for malkin. steckel for lundqvist.

Athlétique_Canadien 08-13-2012 01:59 PM

Leafs would look awfully silly if the 2013 first rounder became MacKinnon.

Ceremony 08-13-2012 02:05 PM

And so continues the proud Toronto tradition of trading 1st round picks that eventually become the #1 centre they've needed for several years, yes?

sully1410 08-13-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athlétique_Canadien (Post 53535915)
Leafs would look awfully silly if the 2013 first rounder became MacKinnon.

They've done it before with a pick that turned into Seguin.

Leafs For Life* 08-13-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athlétique_Canadien (Post 53535915)
Leafs would look awfully silly if the 2013 first rounder became MacKinnon.

Feaster would rather draft another Jankowski, the kid that will be the best player out of the draft. (Skip to 5:50)

Turrican* 08-13-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athlétique_Canadien (Post 53535915)
Leafs would look awfully silly if the 2013 first rounder became MacKinnon.

They're used to it.
If Seguin+Hamilton didn't phase them, Mackinnon won't either.

Whydidijoin* 08-13-2012 02:10 PM

Bouwmeester probably costs more than that, and we don't need him anyway.

Why do we trade all that for Ryan, and then trade away Lupul (in a deal that is WAY too much for Luongo), who is just as good if not better and a better fit.

We trade our goalie, defenseman, and winger, for a goalie, defenseman and winger, who cumulatively aren't much better, if at all, and give up our 1st round pick, and other picks and prospects.

Makes no sense.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.