HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Three trades that turn Toronto into a legit eastern threat (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1245765)

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:42 PM

Three trades that turn Toronto into a legit eastern threat

I'm not a Toronto fan, so no bias here. Just thought up a way to make TO a much better team next year without losing a ton of youth.

Trade 1:
Toronto 2013 first rounder + Reimer for Jay Boumeester + Calgary midgrade prospect. Make this deal first before other improvements, Calgary accepts as the pick could be lottery and they need a younger goalie.

Trade 2:
Jake Gardiner + Toronto 2013 2nd rounder + Calgary mid-grade prospect for Bobby Ryan. Gardiner's a stud, but with Boumeester incoming and Reilly in the wings he's expendable, and Ryan is a beast and still young.

Trade 3:
Lupul + Biggs for Luongo. Vancouver is in win now mode, this provides them with a playmaking winger to play with Kes and booth, and a nice prospect too.

Top 6
Kessel - JVR - Ryan
Kadri - Grabovski - Kulemin

Top 4 D
Bouwmeester - Phaneuf
Reilly - Komisarek

Goal
Luongo
Scrivens

Marvelous Manked 08-13-2012 01:44 PM

If I were a Laughs Leafs fan I don't know if I'd make any of these deals. The second one probably, the first one maybe/probably, but certainly not the last one.

SLAPSHOT723 08-13-2012 01:44 PM

If I'm Toronto, I trade assets for a #1 center. Not more defenseman and Luongo.

Krishna 08-13-2012 01:44 PM

Anaheim says no.. They want a player who can play the #2 center spot

Skm 08-13-2012 01:45 PM

Be prepared to get shredded by Ducks and Flames fans. Personally, I think that is more than I'd offer for Bouwmeester and Ducks will want more for Ryan.

I think that is a bit too much for Luongo (more than I'd be comfortable with, anyways) and having Komisarek and Rielly in your top 4 does not spell contender to me.

Dellstrom 08-13-2012 01:47 PM

I'm sorry, but if JVR is your first line center, let alone a center, you are not that much of a threat.

Leafs For Life* 08-13-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN (Post 53535413)
I'm not a Toronto fan, so no bias here. Just thought up a way to make TO a much better team next year without losing a ton of youth.

Trade 1:
Toronto 2013 first rounder + Reimer for Jay Boumeester + Calgary midgrade prospect. Make this deal first before other improvements, Calgary accepts as the pick could be lottery and they need a younger goalie.

Trade 2:
Jake Gardiner + Toronto 2013 2nd rounder + Calgary mid-grade prospect for Bobby Ryan. Gardiner's a stud, but with Boumeester incoming and Reilly in the wings he's expendable, and Ryan is a beast and still young.

Trade 3:
Lupul + Biggs for Luongo. Vancouver is in win now mode, this provides them with a playmaking winger to play with Kes and booth, and a nice prospect too.

Top 6
Kessel - JVR - Ryan
Kadri - Grabovski - Kulemin

Top 4 D
Bouwmeester - Phaneuf
Reilly - Komisarek

Goal
Luongo
Scrivens

No to each deal, we already have a 6.5 dman and then you want to put another, and then you put Komi in the top 4? You must not know what a salary cap is because we are getting 16M back which is absurd, and then you think that we are going to trade our defensive stud+ right back from where we stole him from, and get back a good winger when that is our best position that doesn't need upgrading. Luongo is not worth what Lupul is worth to us+ our best PWF prospect.

InfinityIggy 08-13-2012 01:49 PM

Uhm, so let me get this straight. The Leafs are going to build a contender, and then the Flames trade Bouw for their 1st, because it might be a lottery pick?

What?

Either they are a lottery team or they are a contender, make up your mind. Calgary says hell no to this.

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 53535463)
If I'm Toronto, I trade assets for a #1 center. Not more defenseman and Luongo.

Sorry, legit #1 centers don't get traded.

The whote idea behind this proposal is that it turns Toronto into a threat so they can potentially attract Getlzlaf in the offseason. Plus, having Ryan helps too.

I Believe 08-13-2012 01:50 PM

I think it's too much for Luongo and not enough for Ryan. Also we should really keep our 1st rounder next year :laugh:

mightyquack 08-13-2012 01:50 PM

Anaheim laughs at Toronto

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 53535571)
No to each deal, we already have a 6.5 dman and then you want to put another, and then you put Komi in the top 4? You must not know what a salary cap is because we are getting 16

Well than Komisarek can be buried in the minors.

AtlantaWhaler 08-13-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyquack (Post 53535649)
Anaheim laughs at Toronto

Yeah...it's going to take more to land Ryan.

Thee GM 08-13-2012 01:52 PM

You are under rating Bobby Ryan!! In any potential Ryan deal a first rounder and a mid-level NHL player needs to be included. I would also think that Vancouver would want a bit more out of a Luongo deal, Lupul's still's a question mark at this point.

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 53535617)
Uhm, so let me get this straight. The Leafs are going to build a contender, and then the Flames trade Bouw for their 1st, because it might be a lottery pick?

What?

Either they are a lottery team or they are a contender, make up your mind. Calgary says hell no to this.

Please read before posting.

I clearly stated you trade for Bouwmeester first, before you turn into a playoff team with the other trades.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-13-2012 01:53 PM

I'm not going to address the value of these deals, but assuming they were made, I'm not sure they make the Leafs a legit Eastern threat.

EvoLu7ioN 08-13-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 53535473)
Anaheim says no.. They want a player who can play the #2 center spot

Then add Kadri and try and extract a winger from Van or Calgary.

OilerTyler 08-13-2012 01:56 PM

Calgary and Anaheim laugh at Toronto.

Vancouver takes it and runs.

Click Here 08-13-2012 01:57 PM

komisarek for malkin. steckel for lundqvist.

Athlétique_Canadien 08-13-2012 01:59 PM

Leafs would look awfully silly if the 2013 first rounder became MacKinnon.

Ceremony 08-13-2012 02:05 PM

And so continues the proud Toronto tradition of trading 1st round picks that eventually become the #1 centre they've needed for several years, yes?

sully1410 08-13-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athlétique_Canadien (Post 53535915)

They've done it before with a pick that turned into Seguin.

Leafs For Life* 08-13-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Feaster would rather draft another Jankowski, the kid that will be the best player out of the draft. (Skip to 5:50)

Turrican* 08-13-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

They're used to it.
If Seguin+Hamilton didn't phase them, Mackinnon won't either.

Whydidijoin* 08-13-2012 02:10 PM

Bouwmeester probably costs more than that, and we don't need him anyway.

Why do we trade all that for Ryan, and then trade away Lupul (in a deal that is WAY too much for Luongo), who is just as good if not better and a better fit.

We trade our goalie, defenseman, and winger, for a goalie, defenseman and winger, who cumulatively aren't much better, if at all, and give up our 1st round pick, and other picks and prospects.

Makes no sense.