HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Who are your big sleepers for the year?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1245969)

AmericanDream 08-13-2012 08:37 PM

Who are your big sleepers for the year??
 
nobody likes to talk about their sleepers, but its not like any of us are going to be on the same league...so why the heck not???

I have a solid list of sleepers that I have listed in other threads, but I will list a few of my favorites for this year...

Andy Dalton -qb -- he might not be a sleeper in terms of coming out of nowhere, but I doubt people rate this kid as high as I and a few others do judging by his ADP. This kid is going to be a borderline top 12 qb, and knowing you can land him in round 9-11 he is a huge pickup to help you through bye weeks or heck even start.

Jermaine Gresham - TE - Like Dalton, I think Cincy has a lot of positives going for them. Dalton is a more then capable qb who knows how to hit his top targets. Gresham is a physical beast in the mold of Jimmy Graham. Gruden has already stated that they are going to go to Gresham a ton this year as he will line up at wideout a bunch this year. This is the 2012-13 version of Jimmy Graham imo.

Titus Young - WR -- I really like this kid hitting 1,000 yards and minimum 7 td's this year. knowing you can snag him in rounds 7-9 is amazing. Megatron is going to draw a ton of heat leaving this kid open in a pass heavy offense. If you miss out on this kid you will regret it.

Eric Decker - WR -- not much else to say about Peyton Manning's favorite target already. Thomas will get drafted higher because he is a more "sexy" pick, but Decker has all the makings of a 1,000 yard plus receiver who has size and ability to approach double digit td's..

Antonio Brown - WR -- With or without Wallace, this guy is going to have a big year. I fear the big contract he got, but he has a solid head on his shoulders and is working his ass off in preseason. He will come close to 1,200 yards, lets just hope he gets more then 2 td's.

Torrey Smith - WR -- Love this kid and his deep ball ability. Flacco is not my favorite arm in the league, but he will do more then enough to get the ball to Smith who is clearly the #1 in Baltimore. Dont be fooled and pick up Boldin before Smith, you will regret it.

Ryan Williams - RB -- forget about Beanie Wells. the writing is on the wall, his workload will be reduced, and this kid will have a big role with the Cardinals. He was drafted very high for a reason, and Beanie is beyond brittle so this kid will be the starter by week 6 if not sooner.

Jake Locker - QB -- I am not sure if Locker wins out the qb battle right away, but the aging Hassleback will only go so far this year. Locker has a cannon and amazing size, he will be the starter by mid year if he doesnt win it outright. If you can stash him on your bench, do it,you wont regret.

Steven Ridley - RB -- he might be on everyones radar, but he isnt getting drafted anywhere near where he should be. I understand how tough it is to gauge running backs in New England, but this kid has 3 down ability and is explossive, something BGE was not. Ridley will get goaline duty making him a very solid #2/3 running back that has been getting drafted in round 7-9.

thats just a few off the top of my head, lets see what you all got!

EDIT: Forgot a few more

Jon Baldwin -WR -- I loved this kid before Bowe went on his strike, love him so much more if Bowe holds out for a bit. This kid is 6'4 225 with amazing athletic ability. He is clearly ahead of Breaston now for #2, but if his attitude is right and his head is on straight, this kid could be a star in the league. Yes Cassel is throwing him the ball, but there are a lot worse qb's then Cassel imo.. I got Baldwin in my league in the 16th round...people are sleeping at the wheel on him bigtime.

Brian Quick - WR -- this kid has the very likely chance to be the Rams #1 starter from the get go...that might not strike fear in opponents yet, but I expect a very solid year from Bradford with Quick being the main beneficiary. 800 yards plus 6-8 td's isnt out of question for a kid that is going undrafted in a lot of leagues. Rookie receivers have done pretty darn well of late, I see Quick doing just fine.

Mark Ingram - RB -- kind of funny to call my last years round 4 pick a sleeper, but he really could be this year. He is the goaline back on a great offensive team. If he can stay healthy I know he will get more YPC then last year. Has to compete with Sproles and Thomas, but there is room for this kid to do well. I landed him in round 9, solid value for him.

The Dayvan Cowboy 08-13-2012 08:43 PM

Anyone who doesn't think Russel Wilson is going to overtake Matt Flynn and become the GOAT is delusional.

TML g u n n e R s* 08-13-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy (Post 53548185)
Anyone who doesn't think Russel Wilson is going to overtake Matt Flynn and become the GOAT is delusional.

they already gave him first play duties..

lol

The Dayvan Cowboy 08-13-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s (Post 53548277)
they already gave him first play duties..

lol

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that TJack is technically still at the top of our depth chart. It is depressingly unsurprising considering how much we payed Whitehurst to never play (re: Flynn).

PDO 08-13-2012 08:49 PM

Torey Smith - kid learned the whole route tree, and spent most of last season playing through a double sports hernia. I think he's going to explode this year for 1,100+ yards.

Ben Tate - Not only is he behind a great OL, but he's also behind an injury prone Arian Foster.

Jamaal Charles - Not really a sleeper... but I think a lot of people have forgotten just how good this kid is.

Jacob Tamme - Peyton loves his tight ends, and he's familiar with this guy. I expect him to be the RZ target.

DeSean Jackson - A common 2nd round pick last year, I think there will be a lot of value in taking him in the 4/5/6 round this year where I suspect he falls. Can score on any play, and now that he's paid and presumably happy (with a healthy Vick)... good things are coming for him I'd think.

Pierre Garcon - Has all the tools, is on a team that will be trailing (and thus throwing), and has a QB.

Big Poppa Puck 08-13-2012 10:09 PM

I have a few guys in mind but I wanna see how the next 2 pre-season games shape out with depth charts and injuries before I settle on them.

All the rankings have seen have T.Smith too high to be considered a sleeper, IMO. Same goes for Antonio Brown.

I also think Stevan Ridley will be that sleeper everyone knows about and will go too high for my liking. I'm also very scared about how Belichick is with RBs. I'm not opposed to taking him though.

AmericanDream 08-13-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel (Post 53551489)
I have a few guys in mind but I wanna see how the next 2 pre-season games shape out with depth charts and injuries before I settle on them.

All the rankings have seen have T.Smith too high to be considered a sleeper, IMO. Same goes for Antonio Brown.

I also think Stevan Ridley will be that sleeper everyone knows about and will go too high for my liking. I'm also very scared about how Belichick is with RBs. I'm not opposed to taking him though.

I havent seen a single draft where Torrey Smith has gone before round 5... kid has 1,000 potential and 8-10 td's...that is a sleeper as he is going later then what his production will be...people are still taking Boldin ahead of him in many leagues..

I think the term sleeper is subjective to the beholder, but for me, a sleeper doesnt have to be a round 14 pick....I have had plenty of sleepers in round 5-10...when you have a feeling that a player is going to perform better than his ADP just like Torrey, you jump up and grab him. Same for Antonio Brown who is still being drafted lower then he should be.

AmericanDream 08-13-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDO (Post 53548395)
Torey Smith - kid learned the whole route tree, and spent most of last season playing through a double sports hernia. I think he's going to explode this year for 1,100+ yards.

Ben Tate - Not only is he behind a great OL, but he's also behind an injury prone Arian Foster.

Jamaal Charles - Not really a sleeper... but I think a lot of people have forgotten just how good this kid is.

Jacob Tamme - Peyton loves his tight ends, and he's familiar with this guy. I expect him to be the RZ target.

DeSean Jackson - A common 2nd round pick last year, I think there will be a lot of value in taking him in the 4/5/6 round this year where I suspect he falls. Can score on any play, and now that he's paid and presumably happy (with a healthy Vick)... good things are coming for him I'd think.

Pierre Garcon - Has all the tools, is on a team that will be trailing (and thus throwing), and has a QB.

Charles will be comeback player of the year, and I am laughing at people bypassing this guy so far... I got him in round 2 and pounced the moment it was my turn. This is a 1,600 yard back that had an entire year to bounce back to form from his injury. I dont expect him to move exactly like he used to, but I expect him to be close to the guy people were considering #1 just 2 years ago. I dont care about Hillis one ounce, Charles had his most productive years with Jones as his vulture...whoever gets this guy is getting a top 5-7 back this year.

AmericanDream 08-13-2012 11:08 PM

what are your guys thoughts on Michael Floyd -WR- Cardinals and Robert Meachum -WR- Saints????

two guys with tremendous opportunities, both with excellent qb's, yet both getting little recognition....can Floyd be that Boldin in Arizona??? and can Meachum step up and replace VJAX in San Diego?

AmericanDream 08-13-2012 11:36 PM

here is a wicked deep sleeper for those in mad deep leagues...

Roberto Wallace - WR - Miami Dolphins - with Chad Johnson waived, someone has to catch the ball in Miami right? My original dark horse sleeper was going to be Brian Hartline as he has the opportunity to be a great waiver wire wonder, but the more I hear about the 6'4 Wallace the more I like. Athletic, hungry, and physical, this is the kind of player that could emrge as a decent flex play/bye week fill in for someone who snags him. Needs to make the big squad, but that seems pretty solid now, but his ceiling is very very high considering the lack of depth at receiver in Miami.

Big Poppa Puck 08-14-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanDream (Post 53553803)
here is a wicked deep sleeper for those in mad deep leagues...

Roberto Wallace - WR - Miami Dolphins - with Chad Johnson waived, someone has to catch the ball in Miami right? My original dark horse sleeper was going to be Brian Hartline as he has the opportunity to be a great waiver wire wonder, but the more I hear about the 6'4 Wallace the more I like. Athletic, hungry, and physical, this is the kind of player that could emrge as a decent flex play/bye week fill in for someone who snags him. Needs to make the big squad, but that seems pretty solid now, but his ceiling is very very high considering the lack of depth at receiver in Miami.

Actually believe it or not the Miami WR I like the most this year is BJ Cunningham. He's supposedly having a strong camp. I think he starts by week 4. Hartline blows and Bess is strictly a slot guy.

Don't know if I'll draft him but he'll definitely be on my watch list.

Marc the Habs Fan 08-15-2012 07:37 PM

Steve Smith (who is now with the Rams, the ex-Giant/Eagle) seems to be impressing in Rams camp. Could be a decent sleeper.

AmericanDream 08-15-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 53609767)
Steve Smith (who is now with the Rams, the ex-Giant/Eagle) seems to be impressing in Rams camp. Could be a decent sleeper.

can he stay healthy for more then 6 games???

plus I hope he breaks a leg as I want nothing getting in the way of my man Brian Quick!

AmericanDream 08-15-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel (Post 53558249)
Actually believe it or not the Miami WR I like the most this year is BJ Cunningham. He's supposedly having a strong camp. I think he starts by week 4. Hartline blows and Bess is strictly a slot guy.

Don't know if I'll draft him but he'll definitely be on my watch list.

honestly, there are probably 5 guys competing for a spot for wideouts in Miami....not sure who emerges from that group, but doubtful any of them have any impact outside of a bye week flier..

AmericanDream 08-19-2012 03:31 PM

I have seen the light and I am jumping to get this kid off every waiver wire I can....

his name is:

LeStar Jean - WR - Houston Texans

this kid is going to be a bigtime playmaker this season... Kevin Walter is currently slotting opposite of Andre Johnson, but I would venture to say that LeStar Jean will overtake Walter pretty early on and be a starter for the Texans...

Snag this kid up as NOBODY has him....but I think I have just seen this years Victor Cruz folks...and Schaub will still throw it enough to feed 2 highend receivers....plus dont bank on Andre Johnson playing a full season, if he goes down this kid will be golden!

NJ_CATS_FAN 08-19-2012 05:07 PM

Greg Little - WR, Cle: Overlooked because he plays on a crap team, but is the teams #1 WR, and has a better QB in Weeden than with McCoy.

Danny Amendola - WR, Stl: Wes Welker Jr, and hes healthy again and has looked very good this offseason and has a nice connection going with Bradford.

Ryan Williams - RB, Ari: Wells time as the main back in 'Zona is coming quickly to an end with how good Williams can and will be if he stays healthy.

Big Poppa Puck 08-19-2012 07:51 PM

I have my eye on Lestar Jean and Keshawn Martin for HOU I think either of them could overtake Walter for the #2 job.

Timbo Slice 08-20-2012 02:44 AM

Jacquizz Rodgers (Will eventually take the #1 job in Atlanta, helped by his all around ability and the fact that he's a better fit for their no huddle system)

Jake Locker (20 passing TDs, 3 rushing TDs, solid overall numbers)

Alex Smith (I actually think he'll have a solid campaign - great backup, at least)

Greg Little (Under the radar #1 WR in the league - if Weeden is any good at all he'll have a good year)

CJ Spiller (He'll be much more involved in the offense this year, and will be useful in PPR leagues)

Jay Cutler (Top 5 QB this year)

Jermaine Gresham (Super athletic, big, could be a top 5 TE this year)\

Chris Rainey (Interesting skill set, though too small to be anything more than a deep sleeper)

Reggie Wayne (I think he'll have 1000 yards, 10 TDs with Luck throwing him the ball)

Donald Brown (Looks fantastic in camp and in preseason so far - could easily be a RB2 this year)

Kendall Wright (Could steal the show in Tennessee this year)

Peyton Hillis (I don't know how much of a sleeper he really is, but he's in for a big year in KC)

David Wilson (If Bradshaw gets hurt for any extended period of time, Wilson will be the workhorse in NY - worth a stash)

Titus Young (Could easily end up being a WR2 this year - 1000 yards, 8 TDs)

Greg Olsen (Honestly, I'd be surprised if he didn't have a great year. All signs point to him being used more this year to stretch the field, and with teams looking to take away Steve Smith, Cam will look for Olsen frequently)

Sidney Rice (If he stays healthy - BIG if - he could have a big year. Has shown he can be a monster, just needs the right situation at QB)

ShadowDuck 08-20-2012 08:29 PM

Darrius Heyward-Bey - Now will have a full offseason of work with Palmer. These two hit it off last year and DHB seems to have finally found his game.

Ryan Williams - He's behind an injury prone Wells and is the better player IMO. I see him being the starter by the end of the year.

Greg Little - The Browns #1 WR this year and will be targeted a lot by Wheedon.

I'll be targeting each of these guys in my drafts.

MM425 08-20-2012 10:39 PM

I'm in love with Julio Jones this year. I think this guy could emerge as the number 1 WR in the league. He has the speed (runs a to catch 40-50 yard bombs on a regular basis. I'm considering reaching on him a bit with a late 2nd round pick in a deep league because of the monster upside.

Which leads to Matt Ryan. He could jump up and be a top 5 fantasy QB easy this year. He's got tons of weapons and the O-line got better. The Falcons could be an explosive offense. For where you can get him in drafts... 4th/5th round he's a steal IMO.

BGDDYKWL 08-21-2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM425 (Post 53739665)
I'm in love with Julio Jones this year. I think this guy could emerge as the number 1 WR in the league. He has the speed (runs a to catch 40-50 yard bombs on a regular basis. I'm considering reaching on him a bit with a late 2nd round pick in a deep league because of the monster upside.

Which leads to Matt Ryan. He could jump up and be a top 5 fantasy QB easy this year. He's got tons of weapons and the O-line got better. The Falcons could be an explosive offense. For where you can get him in drafts... 4th/5th round he's a steal IMO.

Completely agree on Julio. I was grabbing him in every mock late 3rd/early 4th. Needless to say that is no longer happening. Calvin is the only receiver I'd take over him. I think the only way you're getting him is if you reach, so if you're high on him you might as well.

And Ryan actually goes even later than that in a lot of them. There are 11 QBs I'd be fine with, and Ryan is probably in the bottom third, so I agree that if you end up with him in the later rounds you should be pretty happy with that. I admittedly have never been high on him at all, so just the fact that I'd even consider him as my QB1 says something. Lol.

SpinTheBlackCircle 08-21-2012 12:24 PM

Patriots defense.

What the Faulk 08-21-2012 02:45 PM

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Ron Rivera thinks Greg Olsen could put up Gronk/Graham-type numbers

I don't know about those type of numbers, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him approach 1,000 yards. Shockey is out, and they still don't have a legit #2. Olsen should get a lot of looks, and should be available pretty late.

AmericanDream 08-21-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What the Faulk (Post 53754895)
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Ron Rivera thinks Greg Olsen could put up Gronk/Graham-type numbers

I don't know about those type of numbers, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him approach 1,000 yards. Shockey is out, and they still don't have a legit #2. Olsen should get a lot of looks, and should be available pretty late.



oh they do, his name is Brandon LaFell and I have been drafting him every chance I get...he will clearly be the Panthers #2 threat this year and put up 850 plus yards and 6tds!

CFD 08-21-2012 04:21 PM

Lots of good suggestions on here. I'll add a few more:

Daniel Thomas - put up good numbers in first 2 games of '11, got hurt and never really recovered. Bush is injury prone and Thomas could steal the job.

Benjarvus Green-Ellis - not that much of a sleeper per se, but he's the bellcow in this offense now. Cincy always gives their lead backs a lot of work (see Benson and Rudi Johnson). BJGE never fumbles and will get a lot more touches in a more balanced CIN offense. Not a great talent but should put up good RB2 numbers.

Carson Palmer - Good option as a QB2. Put up big yardage totals through the end of last year, more familiar with his receivers, will probably cut down on the INT rate.

Antonio Brown - star in the making, no doubt about it. Put up really good numbers toward the end of last year and will probably score more TDs. I actually think Wallace reporting to camp Saturday helps him, not hurts his value. Again not much of a sleeper, but being undervalued in drafts.

Kyle Rudolph - this is much based on measurables. Rudolph is tall and athletic, will surely get a lot of looks in a talent shallow MIN offense.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.