HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edmonton-Columbus (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1246023)

Greasy Sliders 08-13-2012 10:01 PM

Edmonton-Columbus

To EDM:
Boone Jenner
James Wisniewski

To CBJ:
Teemu Hartikainan
Tyler Pitlick
1st Round pick

Edmonton doesn't need anymore 1st rounders , there gonna run out space to sign them all. All there young forwards are flashy offensive players , without many power forwards. Boone Jenner would fit this role. They also need at least 1 more OFD , and wisniewski might need a change of scenery.
Columbus is obviously in a rebuild , and first round picks and prospects is what they'd need. Thoughts ?

PeterForsberg 08-13-2012 10:03 PM

Hell no. They're not giving their 1st rounder..

glasses91 08-13-2012 10:08 PM

If I were columbus id tell you to pitlick.

You obviously watched him play today.(jenner)

Lonewolfe2015 08-13-2012 10:08 PM

I can't imagine Columbus listens unless there is a clause where they get more picks if it isn't something like a top 5 pick. They are pretty happy with Wiz and Jenner is developing nicely.

Bryanbryoil 08-13-2012 10:09 PM

That trade could come back to bite us in the ass HARD. We just added J. Schultz and then we acquire someone to bump him off the 1PP before he even gets a chance there?

TSA0402 08-13-2012 10:12 PM

Basically this trade is kind of stupid until we find out a bit more information about the draft pick.

I like Boone Jenner and Wiz is a bit overpaid but plays well with JMFJ. It would have to be a really good pick coming back.

Viqsi 08-13-2012 10:20 PM

Ennnh. We really really like Boone, and Wisniewski and JMFJ seem to do very well together (they're taking over the locker room and doing the BFF thing). Hartikainen and Pitlick are both kind of interesting, but don't represent much beyond what we've already got except that they're bigger (or, in Hartikainen's case, play LW instead of RW). Meh.

The 1st is the most interesting element, and frankly it doesn't feel like it's worth it to me. It's not a totally unreasonable attempt; I'm just not seeing how it really helps us.

You get MASSIVE points, though, for not including the name of a certain other Columbus center. ;)

Bryanbryoil 08-13-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 53551851)
Ennnh. We really really like Boone, and Wisniewski and JMFJ seem to do very well together (they're taking over the locker room and doing the BFF thing). Hartikainen and Pitlick are both kind of interesting, but don't represent much beyond what we've already got except that they're bigger (or, in Hartikainen's case, play LW instead of RW). Meh.

The 1st is the most interesting element, and frankly it doesn't feel like it's worth it to me. It's not a totally unreasonable attempt; I'm just not seeing how it really helps us.

You get MASSIVE points, though, for not including the name of a certain other Columbus center. ;)

So since they're not available, how about Johansen? :naughty: :D

Fro 08-13-2012 10:24 PM

the only thing this trade does is make sure we get McKinnon since we'd have EDM's pick...the rest doesn't interest me...

Bryanbryoil 08-13-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fro (Post 53552005)
the only thing this trade does is make sure we get McKinnon since we'd have EDM's pick...the rest doesn't interest me...

Landing McKinnon and Jones would be one hell of a draft :amazed: That said, I doubt that we'll be in the high lottery next year, let alone if we add a guy like Wiz.

Gritzky98 08-13-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers10 (Post 53551251)
To EDM:
Boone Jenner
James Wisniewski

To CBJ:
Teemu Hartikainan
Tyler Pitlick
1st Round pick

Edmonton doesn't need anymore 1st rounders , there gonna run out space to sign them all. All there young forwards are flashy offensive players , without many power forwards. Boone Jenner would fit this role. They also need at least 1 more OFD , and wisniewski might need a change of scenery.
Columbus is obviously in a rebuild , and first round picks and prospects is what they'd need. Thoughts ?

thats horrible :amazed:

Oilers first alone is worth more then a B level prospect and an overpaid D man.

Darnell Nurse 08-13-2012 10:27 PM

No. Way.

/Thread

TSA0402 08-13-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNH (Post 53552113)
/Thread

I'm with you on that one. This is retarded from a Columbus standpoint. Put this bad boy out of its misery.

Homesick 08-13-2012 10:41 PM

Edmonton probably wouldn't offer that package.
1. Hartikainen represents the only potential winger that plays with some physicality.
2. Pitlick isn't that great of a prospect but Edmonton is really weak down the middle(3/4 liner at best IMO)
3. I doubt Edmonton finishes in the lottery next season, but even they aren't going to pull a Burke.
4. The Oilers already have Smid, Petry, Whitney, N.Schultz, Sutton, Potter, and Peckham on one way contracts(with J.Schultz expected to be there as well) Not that the Wiz wouldnt be an upgrade but just way too many contracts.

More to just trade proposals than "alz yer shiney prozpect r ourz"

SDig14 08-13-2012 10:45 PM

We cannot trade away the pick until we know what value it will have on draft day.

If we have a top 5 pick in a deep draft, we can trade that pick + a prospect or roster player for a player in the Richards, Carter, etc. type of level.

I like Boone Jenner, but you can find those guys late in the 1st round or in the 2nd round IMO. Furthermore, the Jackets seem to like Wiz and their top 6 looks strong, so I oud rather not pay to get him and take our chances with Justin Schultz.

Zubrus Coffee Maker 08-13-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 53551503)
That trade could come back to bite us in the ass HARD. We just added J. Schultz and then we acquire someone to bump him off the 1PP before he even gets a chance there?

i hate to nitpick, but how could having Shultz earn his way onto the PP be a bad thing?

The Nuge 08-13-2012 11:46 PM

Seriously? I'll be a bit generous to Columbus and say Pitlick for Jenner is basically a wash, and then you want to trade Harti and our 1st for Wiz?

Bryanbryoil 08-13-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tairy Greene (Post 53553939)
i hate to nitpick, but how could having Shultz earn his way onto the PP be a bad thing?

Is Wiz worth as much if he's on the 2PP? That's my point.

Homesick 08-14-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tairy Greene (Post 53553939)

I hate to nitpick but the Oilers had the #3 ranked PP last season without a defenseman like Wisniewski. J.Schultz is going to have to earn his PP time as it is.

The Oilers had good special teams but were poor 5vs5 and thats not something Wisniewski is overly strong at.

CBJBrassard16 08-14-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nuge (Post 53554085)
Seriously? I'll be a bit generous to Columbus and say Pitlick for Jenner is basically a wash, and then you want to trade Harti and our 1st for Wiz?

:huh:

And no. We don't need to deal Wis because he's our only right handed PP guy, and while adding another 1st is nice, the Oilers will be a playoff contending team this year, i'd rather hang on to Boone and Wis knowing what we have than the questionable pick

iCanada 08-14-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Pretty much this. I'd say Jenner likely a better Prospect than Pitlick, but they really have the same ceiling as a physical top six guy. Sure Jenner has the ability to be the better player, but Pitlick going to be ready way sooner, and its not exactly like we need him to step in and be a top six player anyway.

Even if you make it Pitlick+Harti for Jenner thats an overpayment by Edmonton. It might be fair, but in terms of asset management thats just silly, why overpay for potential marginal upgrades we wont be able to see for three years? Bleh.

And then Wiz for a 1st round pick? lol... yeah, whatever. Thats just kind of a joke, imo.

SaskOil* 08-14-2012 12:13 AM

No way the Oilers do this.

The Nuge 08-14-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 53554429)
:huh:

And no. We don't need to deal Wis because he's our only right handed PP guy, and while adding another 1st is nice, the Oilers will be a playoff contending team this year, i'd rather hang on to Boone and Wis knowing what we have than the questionable pick

How is that confusing you? Both have middle 6 potential. Pitlick is better offensively and a little more physical. Jenner is better defensively. The guy with more offense will be worth more every time

sully61 08-14-2012 12:20 AM

Edmonton is going to suck one more year so they can get Jones with the #2 pick then they'll make a couple nice off season signings and they'll be real set for two years until they need to pay everyone haha. Who's first to go, Yak, RNH, Hall, Eberle?

Viqsi 08-14-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 53551995)
So since they're not available, how about Johansen? :naughty: :D

You know the price. http://forums.civfanatics.com/images...es/trouble.gif

Quote:

I'll be a bit generous to Columbus and say Pitlick for Jenner is basically a wash

...annnnd that's where I stopped reading.

"Generous". :shakehead