HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Signing with Link: Nash/Thornton to Davos again in case of a lockout (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1247215)

Belenos 08-16-2012 02:47 AM

Nash/Thornton to Davos again in case of a lockout

Didn't know in which part of the forum i should have put it. But in case of a Lockout, Rich Nash and Joe Thornton would go back to Switzerland as in 2004/05. They have an agreement with HC Davos.

Here is the news article in german: http://www.suedostschweiz.ch/zeitung...rnton-und-nash

BLASPHEMOUS 08-16-2012 02:51 AM

Interesting. Wonder what other deals of the like are out there.

YesYesYall 08-16-2012 02:59 AM

Shoot me in the face if a lockout takes place.

Krishna 08-16-2012 03:01 AM

Why not instead post this in the free agents and trade forum?

CBJWennberg41 08-16-2012 03:24 AM

That would be fun to watch. Go Nash

Man in the Mirror 08-16-2012 03:37 AM

did they win the championship when they played there?

RiffRaff 08-16-2012 04:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Man in the Mirror (Post 53618745)

Hagman, Nash, Thornton

Belenos 08-16-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man in the Mirror (Post 53618745)

They did, in the semifinals they won against Bern with Brière, Dumont and co. and in the finals against Zurich.

Bergeron47 08-16-2012 04:38 AM

I wonders ow negotiations work with European teams during a lockout. If there is approximately 23 players per NHL team x 30 teams, there's 600+ players that may or may want a team to play for that year.
Do the agents of the players just call the GMs of a team/league that the player prefers to play in? How would the GMs know which players to target? Is money much of a factor for the players? I imagine it as a partial holiday for them so lifestyle would play a bigger role..

WeberStreit 08-16-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergeron47 (Post 53619043)
I wonders ow negotiations work with European teams during a lockout. If there is approximately 23 players per NHL team x 30 teams, there's 600+ players that may or may want a team to play for that year.
Do the agents of the players just call the GMs of a team/league that the player prefers to play in? How would the GMs know which players to target? Is money much of a factor for the players? I imagine it as a partial holiday for them so lifestyle would play a bigger role..

I don't know. During the last Lockout, every team (except of Davos) probably gave 8 players a try out contract. In the end, only 4 of them were able to play (only 4 foreigners are allowed in the swiss leage per team). Marc Savard for example played only 3 games in Bern.
The players make suggestions too. As Briere played in Bern, he asked the GM if he could contact Dany Heatley. Heatley came over and played about half of the season along Briere in Switzerland, before he demanded a trade to Kazan in the russian league.

tikkanen5rings* 08-16-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergeron47 (Post 53619043)

There aren't that many players who could play in the Euro leagues.
No team would take 4th line plugs, goons or weak skaters in their team because that stuff doesn't work in the big rinks.
Euros are contacted by their original teams and then there's a bidding war on NA players.

wej20 08-16-2012 05:41 AM

I guess some of the bottom 6 guys will end up in the Italian league, Craig Adams played for Milan during the lockout.

HankTheTankYoLo 08-16-2012 06:18 AM

Its the same with frolunda, nothing official but if it beeing a lockout Hank,Erik Karlsson and Loui Eriksson will go to frolunda :)

TheNeutrality 08-16-2012 06:18 AM

And SUDDENLY I see this whole story as a win-win situation :laugh:

If no lockout: WOOHOO! NHL HOCKEY!
If lockout: WOOHOO! NASH AND THORNTON IN DAVOS!

I wonder what Hiller is going to do... If he returns as well... Oh my, oh my... I've got to think about my blood pressure :laugh:

But I fully expect the other teams to bulk up as well. IF there is a lockout of course.

EDIT:
Wait a minute...
Quote:

Beginnt die NHL-Saison nicht wie geplant am 11. Oktober, dann wird der HCD nachrüsten. Präsident Gaudenz Domenig sagt: «Wir haben mit Joe Thornton und Rick Nash vereinbart, dass beide in einem solchen Fall wieder für den HCD spielen werden.»
(My try to translate it)
Quote:

If the season doesn't start per 11th Oct., HCD will bulk up. The club's president Gaudenz Domenig says: "We have an agreement with Joe Thornton and Rick Nash, that in this case, both will play for Davos again."
Soo... If the start of the season is delayed, they still play the full season in Davos or..?

Faxius 08-16-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNeutrality (Post 53619335)
Soo... If the start of the season is delayed, they still play the full season in Davos or..?

They will play in Davos until the NHL and NHLPA reaches an agreement. As soon as NHL-hockey is back on they will be with their NHL clubs.

Zil 08-16-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNeutrality (Post 53619335)

The contracts will have exit clauses for when the lockout ends. If there's a lockout, they'll play in Davos until the lockout ends.

TheNeutrality 08-16-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faxius (Post 53619383)
They will play in Davos until the NHL and NHLPA reaches an agreement. As soon as NHL-hockey is back on they will be with their NHL clubs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zil (Post 53619387)
The contracts will have exit clauses for when the lockout ends. If there's a lockout, they'll play in Davos until the lockout ends.

Ah, thanks.

Thought it would be like that, but that quote confused me quite a bit.

redfzn 08-16-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeberStreit (Post 53619071)
I don't know. During the last Lockout, every team (except of Davos) probably gave 8 players a try out contract. In the end, only 4 of them were able to play (only 4 foreigners are allowed in the swiss leage per team). Marc Savard for example played only 3 games in Bern.
The players make suggestions too. As Briere played in Bern, he asked the GM if he could contact Dany Heatley. Heatley came over and played about half of the season along Briere in Switzerland, before he demanded a trade to Kazan in the russian league.

:laugh:

That's gold.

ilikeblocks 08-16-2012 08:09 AM

Love the Heatley reference. I doubt we'll see as many NA players running to the KHL this time around. AK Bars had one hell of a lockout roster - Richards, Kovy, Vinny, and more.

Davebo 08-16-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faxius (Post 53619383)

Maybe so - maybe not. Aren't all contracts null and void if a lockout?

tony d 08-16-2012 08:49 AM

I expect to hear a lot of this if there is a lockout. I'd expect as well that there would be a clause in these contracts that the players can return to the NHL once there's a new CBA in place.

token grinder 08-16-2012 10:04 AM

it won't be as many as you think. All those guys on ELC and 2 way deals will play for their minor league club as well.

RangerBoy 08-16-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Contrary to reports, both Rick Nash and agent Joe Resnick say Rick has no plan to play in Davos if there is a lockout.
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...06732147986432

Kamal007 08-16-2012 10:59 AM

I hope Nash and Thornton choose to play for the Onion Knight

RangerBoy 08-16-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Told as well that Nash is not planning on playing in Davos in case of lockout. If season somehow is canceled, that could change.
https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/sta...13542061891584