HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Flyers fan coming in peace... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1247609)

Swic21 08-16-2012 10:30 PM

Flyers fan coming in peace...

So I just joined a NHL 13 gm connected league. My fav teams were taken, so I decided to take a chance and take the pens and the highest rated player in the game. ( Crosby) . Anywho, I don't follow any of pittsburghs prospects or their AHL team, so what kinda young talent am I dealing with. And if you were in my spot, who would be untouchable on the team and who should be traded immediately lol.
Thanks for the help fellas. And yes I know it's just a game, I'm just looking to get any advantage I can get

Blitzburgh87* 08-16-2012 10:33 PM

Any defensive prospects are of high value and you should give a spot to despres or domoulin. We know Martin sucks but he's pretty good in the game.
Untouchables: Crosby,Malkin,Letang,Neal
Trade fleury if the price is right. Goalies aren't that important in video games. Especially since you have vokoun. Also Kennedy is a sniper in the game.

Swic21 08-16-2012 10:38 PM

Thanks man. I definitely have thought of trading Fleury. Vokoun will have a good year or 2, in the meantime I can look for a goalie to replace him. And would you really peg Neal is untouchable? I mean Crosby,Malkin, and Letang are a given, but I'm not completely sold on Neal.

wheelz87 08-16-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swic21 (Post 53643117)
Thanks man. I definitely have thought of trading Fleury. Vokoun will have a good year or 2, in the meantime I can look for a goalie to replace him. And would you really peg Neal is untouchable? I mean Crosby,Malkin, and Letang are a given, but I'm not completely sold on Neal.

Well, if you are fine with having ZERO legit options in your top 6 other than Sid and Geno, then trade away! ;)

Honestly though, Neal is a 24 year old, 40 goal scorer. He is the real deal.

Swic21 08-16-2012 10:49 PM

He's 24 ??? Damn didn't know he was that young. Guess your right, he's a keeper. And didn't the pens draft a few good defensmen?

gdsmack267 08-16-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swic21 (Post 53643395)
He's 24 ??? Damn didn't know he was that young. Guess your right, he's a keeper. And didn't the pens draft a few good defensmen?

Pens have a plethora of good D prospects that are all 1st or 2nd round picks.

Morrow
Despres
Doumlin
Matta
Pouliout

Swic21 08-16-2012 10:57 PM

Well seems like I'm in a very good position. No offense, but I'm not a huge fan of any pens defensmen not named Letang lol. I know the flyers aren't much better off. But I woul trade Martin, Niskanen, Engellend, all to give any of those young guys a shot.

Ogrezilla 08-16-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swic21 (Post 53643583)
Well seems like I'm in a very good position. No offense, but I'm not a huge fan of any pens defensmen not named Letang lol. I know the flyers aren't much better off. But I woul trade Martin, Niskanen, Engellend, all to give any of those young guys a shot.

so would we :laugh:

that probably deserves a half :sarcasm:

though I bet video game versions of some of those guys are much better than the real things were last year.

gdsmack267 08-16-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swic21 (Post 53643583)

The guys i recommend you keep on defense....

Letang = Great puck mover who puts up 50-65 points (Number 1 D man)
Orpik = Physical stay at home D guy good for pairing with a OFD (good 2-3 guy)
Niskanen = Young good puck mover who is good at both ends (perfect 4-5 guy)
Engelland = Toughest guy on a team who can hit and fight (solid number 6 guy)

Martin = Solid player in the EA games, good second pairing/2nd pp guy but could probably trade him for a winger

Most NHL ready prospects right off the bat..

Despres = 6' 4" D man who can move the puck well (Number 3-4 guy)
Doumlin = Another bigger D man who can be (Number 5-6 guy)

If you plan on trading Martin for a winger I would suggest running

Letang-Orpik
Niskanen-Despres
Engelland-Doumlin

As for the offense I would run....

(FA or Trade LW)-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams/Tangradi

Blitzburgh87* 08-16-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

unless you can package him for the likes of someone like kovalchuk or hossa then don't lol. But keep orpik he's a hitting machine in the game. Honestly its not really the ratings of the players its more how good you are at the game. Big names wont change a thing,unless of course you're down to echl guys which has no relevance obviously.

Flat Stanley 08-16-2012 11:22 PM

Why trade Fleury? He's younger and has the same rating as Vokoun, I'd keep both and if you were to trade one, trade Vokoun.

PMF06 08-16-2012 11:25 PM

I quite liked Martin on NHL 12. He had a pretty heavy shot from memory, used it to fire a fair few shots from faceoffs.

TravisUlrich 08-16-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

I don't know how Neal is in NHL13 but in NHL12, he's the easiest guy to score with. Just go down the left side and blow a clapper bar-down over the goalies shoulder.

MichiganWolverines 08-17-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swic21 (Post 53642925)
So I just joined a NHL 13 gm connected league. My fav teams were taken, so I decided to take a chance and take the pens and the highest rated player in the game. ( Crosby) . Anywho, I don't follow any of pittsburghs prospects or their AHL team, so what kinda young talent am I dealing with. And if you were in my spot, who would be untouchable on the team and who should be traded immediately lol.
Thanks for the help fellas. And yes I know it's just a game, I'm just looking to get any advantage I can get

Make sure you get rid of Craig Adams, he's terrible in nhl 12 and I assume he'll suck even more in nhl 13.

Blitzburgh87* 08-17-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 53646051)
Make sure you get rid of Craig Adams, he's terrible in nhl 12 and I assume he'll suck even more in nhl 13.

It must be a horrible feeling knowing Paul Martin is better than you.

Dylonus 08-17-2012 02:51 AM

In the past two games (NHL 11 and NHL 12) I've always found that Josh Harding is a complete beast...

Move Fleury to get some options, then make a deal to get Harding. I've always had mad success with him.

Also, for the record, Brian Dumoulin WILL NOT be in the game. Unless he makes the team, he will be negated likely, due to him being in the NCAA and not in the AHL or Juniors.

Dylonus 08-17-2012 02:52 AM

Also, for some reason, Tangradi is ridiculous in NHL if you pair him with Malkin. I did that one season I had (made some moves and he ended up needing to be in my top 6) and he was unreal.

I literally played all 82 games of a season and had Tangradi score 45 goals :laugh:

Le Magnifique 66 08-17-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 53643515)
Pens have a plethora of good D prospects that are all 1st or 2nd round picks.

Morrow
Despres
Doumlin
Matta
Pouliout

Don't forget the one that to be honest is surprising the most in Harrington

Oh and it's

Dumoulin
Pouliot
Maatta

gdsmack267 08-17-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 (Post 53647977)
Don't forget the one that to be honest is surprising the most in Harrington

Oh and it's

Dumoulin
Pouliot
Maatta

Yea i was to lazy to check the spelling lol and have no idea how i forgot Harrington since he is one of my favorite prospects.

Le Magnifique 66 08-17-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 53648421)
Yea i was to lazy to check the spelling lol and have no idea how i forgot Harrington since he is one of my favorite prospects.

If he keeps playing like that he will be a fan favorite

Ya I hear you, I still have to double check every time I spell Maatta:laugh:

Buzzkiller 08-17-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 (Post 53650413)
If he keeps playing like that he will be a fan favorite

Ya I hear you, I still have to double check every time I spell Maatta:laugh:

Maybe you should triple check because it's actually Määttä. ;)

Le Magnifique 66 08-17-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Core58711 (Post 53652663)
Maybe you should triple check because it's actually Määttä. ;)

No, that's cause i'm lazy

BeauKnows19 08-17-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylonus (Post 53646427)
In the past two games (NHL 11 and NHL 12) I've always found that Josh Harding is a complete beast...

Move Fleury to get some options, then make a deal to get Harding. I've always had mad success with him.

Also, for the record, Brian Dumoulin WILL NOT be in the game. Unless he makes the team, he will be negated likely, due to him being in the NCAA and not in the AHL or Juniors.

Actually, he signed his contract with the canes, so he will either be in the AHL or NHL.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=2233

Swic21 08-17-2012 04:14 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. It should help me out a lot since I didnt know a thing about the pens prospects. I'm a flyers fan first and foremost, but I'm a realist. I know who the 2 best players in the NHL are and you guys just so happen to have both of them haha.
I do not plan on ever moving Crosby, Malkin, or Letang at all. I figure moving fleury will give me a good player in return or a good player and a solid draft pick. Do like Orpik, for the fact he is probably the best body checker in NHL 12. I just don't like the pens bottom 6 all that much. So I'm going to look to I'm prove the bottom 6 and find a better winger for Mr. Crosby.
Again thanks for all the help guys.

Blitzburgh87* 08-17-2012 04:32 PM

Not a problem! And don't trade Fleury for anything less than a legitimate top 6 winger and a first rounder.