HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   THN Yearbook 2012-13 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1247735)

RangerBoy 08-17-2012 09:17 AM

THN Yearbook 2012-13

Rangers have 4 players in the annual top 50 players list. Lundqvist is #10. Nash is #20. Callahan is #34. McDonagh is #36. They have 4 in the top 36. No Richards. No Gaborik.

THN has the Rangers 4th in the east. Pitt wins the division. Their Cup final is VAN over Pitt. They have Philly 5th. TB 6th. Buffalo 7th. Ottawa 8th. Canes 9th. FLA 10th.

Rangers top ten prospects are
Kreider
Miller
Skjei
McIlrath
Thomas
Fast
Fogarty
Nieves
MSC
Stajcer

New York RKY 08-17-2012 09:30 AM

Couple of things:

How is Gaborik not in the top 50 players list but Callahan is?

Secondly, what is this the 5 consecutive year that the finals are supposed to be PIT-VAN.

RangerBoy 08-17-2012 09:56 AM

Gaborik should be on the list. One of 4 players with 40 goals or more. Malkin and Stamkos are 1-2. Neal is #48. Those were the other 3 40 plus goal scorers. They have Brodeur at #50. He played great(give him credit) in the playoffs but a top 50 player? McDonagh takes the next step and continues to add offense to his game,he will be competing for the Norris in the near future. Mac has only played 1 full NHL season.

Glen Teflon Sather 08-17-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 53649549)
Couple of things:

How is Gaborik not in the top 50 players list but Callahan is?

Secondly, what is this the 5 consecutive year that the finals are supposed to be PIT-VAN.

Yeah I subscribe to THN and when I read all of this junk I couldn't believe it, every year it's the same prediction

Rangers Fail 08-17-2012 10:52 AM

Love McDonagh getting the credit he deserves.

Where the hell is the guy with 41 goals?

Only in Pittsburgh, can you get embarrassed in the first round, get worse in the offseason, and make the SCF.

007 08-17-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder (Post 53650663)
Yeah I subscribe to THN and when I read all of this junk I couldn't believe it, agree with everything you said

It's been said all over these boards that THN has gone downhill in recent years. Also, I don't usually subscribe to media conspiracy theories, but they have a bunch of writerd there who really seen to hate the Rangers. For me to say that, it has to be pretty extreme.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-17-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat (Post 53651447)
Love McDonagh getting the credit he deserves.

Where the hell is the guy with 41 goals?

Only in Pittsburgh, can you get embarrassed in the first round, get worse in the offseason, and make the SCF.

Not sure if adding a healthy Crosby for a full season is getting worse.

RGY 08-17-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 53655165)

Let's see what kind of shape he is in for the first half of the season before we consider him "healthy."

Not to mention their defense is still putrid. How are they getting to the SCF with that 6? Paul Martin is not the same defenseman he was years ago. Letang is average on the defensive side of the puck. Orpik is getting older and slower. And they got rid of Michalek.

Sutter and Duomolin do not replace what Staal can bring to the table.

Who should be scared of the penguins? The flyers had a horrible defense and they outscored the almighty malkin, crosby, and neal. And that was with the penguins having Staal up the middle. Even adding shane doan would not help them much.

Rangers Fail 08-17-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 53655165)

He was healthy in the playoffs. Staal>>Sutter
Michalek>>>Ruopp, Cheverie, 3rd round pick.

What did they do to address their defense? Are they counting on Depres to be amazing in his first season?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-17-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat (Post 53655355)
He was healthy in the playoffs. Staal>>Sutter
Michalek>>>Ruopp, Cheverie, 3rd round pick.

What did they do to address their defense? Are they counting on Depres to be amazing in his first season?

He was healthy in the playoffs and he had 8 points in 6 games.

Croby + Sutter >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Staal.
Adding the best player in the league (to a team that already has the second best player in the league) doesn't make you worse. You can say they stayed the same but they certainly don't get worse.

Rangers Fail 08-17-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 53655501)
He was healthy in the playoffs and he had 8 points in 6 games.

Croby + Sutter >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Staal.
Adding the best player in the league (to a team that already has the second best player in the league) doesn't make you worse. You can say they stayed the same but they certainly don't get worse.

Their roster now is worse than their roster in the PLAYOFFS. I don't know how anyone can argue that.

RangerBoy 08-17-2012 02:12 PM

The NHL store has the THN Yearbook on sale. They need to get some Ryan McDonagh t-shirts. Its all Kreider and Nash. I already have Kreider. If there is a lockout,the NHL can't sell merchandise with a player name and number.

Pittsburgh are the NHL darlings. Everyone loves them. Shero spent big dollars on Martin and Michalek in 2010. Michalek is already gone. If Pitt had acquired another D,Martin would have been shipped off too. Pitt played without Staal for the 1/2 of 10-11 when Jordan had the foot injury. They're still going to miss him. Sutter is a good player. He is better suited as the 3rd line center than being the 2nd center in Carolina.

THN has Carolina finishing 9th. They haven't made the playoffs since 2009. Its 4 years in a row if they miss again. It will only get worse for them in realignment. Carolina will be in the Rangers,Pitt,Philly,NJ,Caps and Isles conference. 4 teams make the playoffs. That's how the proposal by the NHL has it setup. It will be part of the CBA stuff. Carolina spent $13M to bring in Staal and Semin to miss the playoffs. Karmanos won't be happy.

NYRFAN218 08-17-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 53657795)
The NHL store has the THN Yearbook on sale. They need to get some Ryan McDonagh t-shirts. Its all Kreider and Nash. I already have Kreider. If there is a lockout,the NHL can't sell merchandise with a player name and number.

Pittsburgh are the NHL darlings. Everyone loves them. Shero spent big dollars on Martin and Michalek in 2010. Michalek is already gone. If Pitt had acquired another D,Martin would have been shipped off too. Pitt played without Staal for the 1/2 of 10-11 when Jordan had the foot injury. They're still going to miss him. Sutter is a good player. He is better suited as the 3rd line center than being the 2nd center in Carolina.

THN has Carolina finishing 9th. They haven't made the playoffs since 2009. Its 4 years in a row if they miss again. It will only get worse for them in realignment. Carolina will be in the Rangers,Pitt,Philly,NJ,Caps and Isles conference. 4 teams make the playoffs. That's how the proposal by the NHL has it setup. It will be part of the CBA stuff. Carolina spent $13M to bring in Staal and Semin to miss the playoffs. Karmanos won't be happy.

That's interesting. Would that apply to just the NHL Store and shop.nhl.com or would that apply to places like Modell's and Cosby's too?

Kane One 08-17-2012 03:06 PM

Lundqvist being tenth when Quick is fifth is my biggest problem.

RangerBoy 08-17-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 53657873)
That's interesting. Would that apply to just the NHL Store and shop.nhl.com or would that apply to places like Modell's and Cosby's too?

NHL.com and NHL store. During the NBA lockout,the NBA store on 5th between 47th and 48th removed all of the player merchandise from the store. You could buy a Knicks jersey with no #7 Anthony on the back. You couldn't buy a Melo #7 Knicks jersey. When the NBA lockout was over,they went back in the store window.

BlueshirtBlitz 08-17-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 53659325)
Lundqvist being tenth when Quick is fifth is my biggest problem.

That's ridiculous.

Machinehead 08-17-2012 04:38 PM

**** defense, **** goaltending, no depth at any position besides center, and everyone will still tell you Pittsburgh is the best team in the league.

GWOW 08-17-2012 04:42 PM

THN picked the Rangers to win the Cup in the 1994 yearbook, and that was after the 1993 debacle and before the Larmer trade.

I'll always give them credit for that.

Blueshirt Believer 08-17-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWOW (Post 53661911)
THN picked the Rangers to win the Cup in the 1994 yearbook, and that was after the 1993 debacle and before the Larmer trade.

I'll always give them credit for that.

Wasn't exactly a bold prediction. The Rangers were clear favorites going into the 93-94 season. From what I remember, pretty much most of pundits picked NY to at least make the final.

Tanner Glass 08-17-2012 04:56 PM

I usually get my subscription in print and digital from Zinio, but for some reason I'm not getting the yearbook online (and the fantasy guide seems to be a separate purchase as well)

GWOW 08-17-2012 05:24 PM

The Pens are like a sleeping bear. They are way too dangerous to disregard.

The Devils between 1996 and 1999 were major, major underachievers. Then it was three SCF in four years.

Same with Colorado around the same time.

GWOW 08-17-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer (Post 53662085)
Wasn't exactly a bold prediction. The Rangers were clear favorites going into the 93-94 season. From what I remember, pretty much most of pundits picked NY to at least make the final.

They weren't favored until after Lemieux was hurt and the Larmer trade.

Kane One 08-17-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipolar (Post 53662255)
I usually get my subscription in print and digital from Zinio, but for some reason I'm not getting the yearbook online (and the fantasy guide seems to be a separate purchase as well)

They aren't publishing the yearbook online.

Tanner Glass 08-17-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 53666157)
They aren't publishing the yearbook online.

Allright, guess I'll have to wait till I get back from vacation. And it seems the fantasy guide isn't part of the regular subscription

donpaulo 08-17-2012 11:31 PM

issue is that Gaborik is injured so they discounted his production. A fully healthy Marion for 82 games gets the attention he deserves but coming back from a busted wing means that the folks at THN make the safe call and write him off.

I don't see Pitt making it to the finals either, they lost depth on the blueline and quality up front. Vokoun gives them a proven backup so that if and when MAF starts letting in beachballs they can pull him, but the defense is not better in steeltown. If anything they dumped Michalek back to PHX. ZM was 4th on the team in ice time per game, you don't replace that easily.

Philly also has problems on the blueline although retaining Grossman was a very good move on their part.

Cally gets props because he is going to feast on the powerplay.

Vancouver gets the love yet still has Luongo on the roster. Hard to believe they get finals billing on a still relatively unproven Schneider, while NY ranks a lowly 4th with an improving blueline and world class goalie. :shakehead

funny :laugh: